• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

would u work for a miserly $1k/mth job?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
out of curiousity, i registered for a JOB INTAKE INTERVIEW with e2i for landscape job. the receptionist told me it was a job with only $1k per mth, 6 full days week working and asked me to confirm whether i still would wanna take it?

for such a kind of job, it reminded me about the higher pay which i used to pay to my FTs of bangalas and indians workers when i was running my own garden/landscape business.

would you wanna take this kind of work?

sometime, i wonder whether gov is trying to really humble us to the extent that we wouldn't have any more self-respect or shred of dignity left with us but only allowing us to be fully exploited and taken full advantage of. :(

is the gov now asking those who are in their middle-aged, very qualified and experienced to compete wih jobs that belongs to the bangala/indian FTs? does gov ever consider about a human dignity and the humiliation that they are totally unmindful of?

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Grab the $1K/month job quick before a FT gets to it.

My highly-skill friend (jobless for few years now) went to e2i and was intereviewed for a security job. $800/month and need to do 12-hour shift.

Your offer is already above what a dish-collector will get.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi, tah bar, why don't you try driving a cab? Besides making more than you have stated, i think you can make more friends. Lots of stories and encounters. from cab driving, you will probably know what the outside world is really like.:wink:

It may not be a glam job like your previous but certainly, it is better than taking $1k per mth.

out of curiousity, i registered for a JOB INTAKE INTERVIEW with e2i for landscape job. the receptionist told me it was a job with only $1k per mth, 6 full days week working and asked me to confirm whether i still would wanna take it?

for such a kind of job, it reminded me about the higher pay which i used to pay to my FTs of bangalas and indians workers when i was running my own garden/landscape business.

sometime, i wonder whether gov is trying to really humble us to the extent that we wouldn't have any more self-respect or shred of dignity left with us but only allowing us to be fully exploited and taken full advantage of. :(

is the gov now asking those who are in their middle-aged, very qualified and experienced to compete wih jobs that belongs to the bangala/indian FTs? does gov ever consider about a human dignity and the humiliation that they are totally unmindful of?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
many sgporeans are driven to suicidal critical point because they have found it meaningless to being treated like dirt by the avaricious and unmindful gov.

i m now very worried for master degree holder pal who has lost his job and is jobless for almost 1 yr. he's now in a dire state of depression.

he had asked me whether he should be taking up a $900 security guard job of 12 hrs shift works 6 days week.

this is what i told him:

FORGET IT! they can insult your dignity BUT YOU SHOULDN'T AND NEVER ALLOW YOURSELF TO INSULT YOUR OWN DIGNITY. if u do that, you would never be able to stand up tall again.:(

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

leetahbar, u so free nothing to do at home anyway ma. Why not make urself useful to society? hehe :p

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cannot be lah..... those inmates under the yellow ribbon project are paid minimum $1.2K excluding OT for the same landscaping jobs. :confused:

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
What the dignified alternative? To be unemployed by choice and shamelessly leech on spouse, parents, friends, church members and others...?

It is not surprising to see a self righteous dignified leech to reject such a good job offer.

I am surprised someone had offered you a decent S$1,000 monthly salary for a decent job in the first place.

if u do that, u ve just exchanged your dignity and would be treated worst than dirt!:mad:

motuiti

Alfrescian
Loyal
What the dignified alternative? To be unemployed by choice and shamelessly leech on spouse, parents, friends, church members and others...?

It is not surprising to see a self righteous dignified leech to reject such a good job offer.

I am surprised someone had offered you a decent S$1,000 monthly salary for a decent job in the first place.

Hi Sotong Mee,

Could you clarify how $1000/mth is a decent salary for a full 6 day working week?

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know 1K is not much but as long as I don't steal from anyone or harm anyone in making that 1k and 1k is enough for me to keep myself alive and survive what so shameful about it. U know what is worst? Its those people that takes millions from the poor, sick and hungry and tell them that they would be worst off if they had not paid them and paid for someone cheaper.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cannot be lah..... those inmates under the yellow ribbon project are paid minimum $1.2K excluding OT for the same landscaping jobs. :confused:

u can check it out yourself next time if u see the same kind of ad in the paper. u shall be shocked at the pay.

the receptionist girl was also too ashamed. she kept asking, "so the pay is only $1k, would u consider?" she repeated that qn even after u bluffed her with a "yes" answer.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Sotong Mee,

Could you clarify how $1000/mth is a decent salary for a full 6 day working week?

that sotong is a LEECH, CHEAT & EXPLOIT sex pervert. would u wanna buy his dubious snake oil for $18 a small bottle or his sexual fantasy massage oil for $50+ for even a smaller bottle?

he spends most of his time in the internet as a sex predator hunting for naive young girls and boys.

AhBengBoyBoy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Will you be savouring the 'decent' position if it happens to YOU.

May it happen to you soon, the sooner the better.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
let me break down the cost if ur pay is $1k for 6days/wk , i.e, 24 FULL WORKING DAYS fr 8am to 5pm.

per day wage = $41.67

less bus fare 2.00

less lunch 4.00

less tea break 3.00

less drinks 3.00

take home pay per day : 29.67

per mth x 24: 712.

less PUB: 130.00

less phone bills 24.00
broadband 40.00
conservancy 37.
food 250.00
tv licence 10.
property tax 9.
miscellaneous 150.

ALL THAT'S LEFT WOULD BE $62 in your pocket. this amount is only applicable if u r SINGLE without family or supporting aged parents.

it's the least and the minimal. where does that left the poor working guy with?? practically NOTHING.

how can million dollar$ gov humiliate their own people in such a way to rob them of their dignity? are they really helping or promoting more suicides contemplation?

the million$ paid to those minitoots really doesn't worth the money.

:oIo:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sometime, i wonder whether gov is trying to really humble us to the extent that we wouldn't have any more self-respect or shred of dignity left with us but only allowing us to be fully exploited and taken full advantage of.

The govt only care about their million dollar salary and the rich in singapore, they do not care about the peasant, if they care, they would not have brought in so many FT.

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Depends what kind of predicament I'm in.

If i still need to pay my bills, feed my family...
and run out of luck for interviews...
i will take it temporary and continue to seek for a better one.

Sometimes....beggars cannot be choosers.
even gahmen open the floodgate.

Just blame myself born in tis era.

:o :( :o

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
8168682_17c1179527.jpg

StonebridgeLeaner

Alfrescian
Loyal

Be grateful you ugly swine. In the past life wasn't so competitive and you were lucky riding on the good economy then and so you can pay your workers a house each too. You probably don't know how to cherish your own business so everything's gone?

You useless parasite.