• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Would like to work in the US?

basillove

Hi everyone!!!

I was wondering how hard is it to be employed in the US?

I have been making plans and speaking to some people (Canadians, Australians, Malaysians who have experienced life there) and they all said that it is not that difficult to find a job. I don't want to come to a point where I have to study because I think I need to build my life already and especially I have quite a number of years of experience in my field. And after checking out at least 10 websites and comparing the requirements to what I have I believe I have fulfilled the visa requirements.

I want to spend all my money to go to the US to find a job for a full 3 months but is this advisable? I'm hoping that there are some Singaporeans who are in a similar predicament as me and has successfully gotten themselves a job in the recent months can answer me. I know marriage will be the best option but that is not what I want.

Also how do I look for potential H-1B employers? Most of the websites require a paying membership just to get access into the list of the employers but chances are some of them are still sponsoring and I'm aware some could be scams.

But I hope that apart from answering my questions please don't ask me why I want to leave Singapore, there's too many reasons and I know I'm doing my life and future a favour by looking for a job in the US.

Thanks everyone! :smile:

Hi, I have worked in the US for many years. As to whether you can find a job here, it depends on what skills you have. It is getting harder to be admitted given the backlash against illegal immigrants which has spread over to legal immigrants. Its best if you came over to go to college, then find a work Visa after that. The H-1B visa is harder to get and you need a company to sponsor you.

Malia

Yes, I have keen interest in doing work in US. I really like to do this, If you want to tell me more in detail the work nature and business progress. So, I'll be appreciate. Thank you in advance.

Pioneer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thought I read the other day the FTA agreement between Singapore and USA put aside a certain number of work visas for Singaporeans.

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal
The H1B visa specifically for Sinkies and Chileans is not a route to settlement. Beware of that vs the NORMAL h1B which IS. There is a difference.