• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Workers Party - a National Movement

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP has to understand that it no longer has sectarian status or has a niche that they are they can cultivate organically and cautiously. It has returned to become the second biggest political party and the largest opposition party and back to the days where it had stage and presence.

As a national movement it has to grab its fair share of media space or make that space. It cannot remain coy and worse still reactive. The drip feeding style and the accompanying intrigue unnecessarily places it as a party that is not really sure how to handle conflicts and issues.

We have slightly over 2 years before the next of the GE. This time slot should be used as a learning period to hone their media skills beginning with local council issues and then on national policies. The content and the interactions should be initiated not by their MPs but a dedicated media team led by one or two articulate and political savvy individuals supported by a few subject matter experts. Their MPs can keep their powder dry for the final engagement or make a decisive entry.

For the above, WP must invest and place some trust on Singaporeans and move away from their now entrenched political media reticence in between GEs. It also cannot keep relying on bloggers like Alex Au and gang alone to do all the spade and unpleasant work. I see some good work done on LLL by people like Sengkang and LLL's husband but it should now be a full party initiative.

There is the thing called the internet, and in it is a vein of gold called the social media. Guess who has been mining that vein ceaselessly in the last 2 years. The new mining chief is a chap called Janadas Devan Nair. He is now bringing academia into it and even promoting people to the grandiose title of Professor to put across opinion and views as academic works. In the old days it was called yellow journalism.

So when AHPETC distributes masks to its cleaners and outdoor staff, it has to make the news. If Lina Chee can figure this out, why not WP? The humbleness and the humility can only go so far.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is the thing called the internet, and in it is a vein of gold called the social media.
hahaha...it is precisely because the cyberworld has idiotic, manipulative scums like u hiding behind the keyboards and sprouting bullshits under the guise of WP supporters that LTK refused to engage the social media.....
of course u do not understand this as it it is beyond your level of comprehension and understanding......truely retarded.

Last edited:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Scroobal, I don't take issue with the essence of what you've written. Please just avoid the tern 'national movement'. That was what the PAPzis called themselves in the mid 1980s and that was what the NAZIs called themselves in the 1930s.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP has to understand that it no longer has sectarian status or has a niche that they are they can cultivate organically and cautiously. It has returned to become the second biggest political party and the largest opposition party and back to the days where it had stage and presence.

As a national movement it has to grab its fair share of media space or make that space. It cannot remain coy and worse still reactive. The drip feeding style and the accompanying intrigue unnecessarily places it as a party that is not really sure how to handle conflicts and issues.

We have slightly over 2 years before the next of the GE. This time slot should be used as a learning period to hone their media skills beginning with local council issues and then on national policies. The content and the interactions should be initiated not by their MPs but a dedicated media team led by one or two articulate and political savvy individuals supported by a few subject matter experts. Their MPs can keep their powder dry for the final engagement or make a decisive entry.

For the above, WP must invest and place some trust on Singaporeans and move away from their now entrenched political media reticence in between GEs. It also cannot keep relying on bloggers like Alex Au and gang alone to do all the spade and unpleasant work. I see some good work done on LLL by people like Sengkang and LLL's husband but it should now be a full party initiative.

There is the thing called the internet, and in it is a vein of gold called the social media. Guess who has been mining that vein ceaselessly in the last 2 years. The new mining chief is a chap called Janadas Devan Nair. He is now bringing academia into it and even promoting people to the grandiose title of Professor to put across opinion and views as academic works. In the old days it was called yellow journalism.

So when AHPETC distributes masks to its cleaners and outdoor staff, it has to make the news. If Lina Chee can figure this out, why not WP? The humbleness and the humility can only go so far.

Lee Li Lian posted it too late. No one noticed that. On the other hand, Lina Chiam claimed victory first. Thne after Lina did it, PAP rushed in--army was deployed and cyberpioneer flooded their facebook with pictures and "forced" (maybe) soldiers to comment they were willing to give up their Saturday

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha.....yes, internet...the social media..
The following gems from Scroobal.....
1. LTK knew about YSL's womanising ways before he put him up as HG SMC candidate...when his affairs broke,
LTK lied that he was not aware at all.
2. Singapore allows dual citizenship
3. LKY unilaterally declared Singapore to be inedpendent on 31 Aug 1963 (but was too humble/shy to record this heroic act in history books???)

Last edited:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I doubt that WP has been wrongfooted - I'm sure they have the resources to show the PAPzis up. It might also be the case that they are already doing the work, e.g. checking on older residents, distributing masks, etc. below the radar.

I think the WP sees this as a national crisis for which all Singaporeans need to come together, regardless of political creed.

Let us watch.

Lee Li Lian posted it too late. No one noticed that. On the other hand, Lina Chiam claimed victory first. Thne after Lina did it, PAP rushed in--army was deployed and cyberpioneer flooded their facebook with pictures and "forced" (maybe) soldiers to comment they were willing to give up their Saturday

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
It a rather traditional chinese mindset to work quietly behind the scene and refrain from telling the public.

I doubt if this ever work in politics where one needs to unabashedly tell everyone all the works done. Else on what inputs should electorates rely on when comes to voting especially in areas not under WP?

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm sure they will tell but not just yet. They do not want to come across as 趁火打劫.

It a rather traditional chinese mindset to work quietly behind the scene and refrain from telling the public.

I doubt if this ever work in politics where one needs to unabashedly tell everyone all the works done. Else on what inputs should electorates rely on when comes to voting especially in areas not under WP?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. It will be paradigm shift for them. There is also the legacy issues where the party could have lost it all arising from the lawsuit on a language that nearly could understand. And they are on a winning streak.

With the recent media curbs, cooling off day and other measures, the fight will be on the internet as local media is controlled by them. I also sense that it will also temper them for parliamentary exchanges which is less than desirable and for incident management like AIMgate, Cleaning contracts etc.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I doubt that WP has been wrongfooted - I'm sure they have the resources to show the PAPzis up. It might also be the case that they are already doing the work, e.g. checking on older residents, distributing masks, etc. below the radar.

I think the WP sees this as a national crisis for which all Singaporeans need to come together, regardless of political creed.

Let us watch.

WP doesnt want to score political points from the haze? Lina Chiam got all the limelight.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Don't be silly, Scroobal! WP is doing exceptionally fine so far, with all those SMART press releases, superb argument and politicking skills! Who says they are not occupying the national media? They have been fighting NEA officers, hawkers and ultimately the Minister himself in the BIG CLEANING ISSUE in their hawker centres right over the MSM!

And now, they are capturing Singaporeans' imagination again by putting up such First World Press Statement about the HAZE that nobody could ignore just like that cup of plain water on your table!

WP has decades of winning experiences behind them, don't play play! Who are you to tell them what to do? They have a whole BSBS Brigade behind them and you claim they know nothing about Internet and social media?

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
By the way, talking about Lina Chiam stealing the limelight, look, she is a nurse and she just distributed those simple surgical mask which is useless for this haze! Good media strategy that went wrong lah!

Didn't you see that superb First World photo taken by WP of its members and volunteers posed with those boxes of N95 masks? Boleh lah! What a photo shoot! Nice shot even though there wasn't any resident to be seen around! WP didn't give its AHPeTC cleaners any N95 masks but residents gave them! And then, WP MP Pritam can proudly proclaim that on his social media FB! Smart right? Save these N95 masks for photo shoot and good publicity! You still say they don't know anything about publicity?

Goh Meng Seng

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi All..

can someone tell me what is Mr Got More Shits problem with opposition politics? 1st he criticises WP..now he is criticising Lina Chiam,,,he seems to be criticising all except PAP...what sort of sorry excuse of an 'opposition' politician he is? GMS..more PAP than the PAP...the 2nd best PAP Weapon against the opposition...the 1st is Loudhailer Chee

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All..

can someone tell me what is Mr Got More Shits problem with opposition politics? 1st he criticises WP..now he is criticising Lina Chiam,,,he seems to be criticising all except PAP...what sort of sorry excuse of an 'opposition' politician he is? GMS..more PAP than the PAP...the 2nd best PAP Weapon against the opposition...the 1st is Loudhailer Chee

He must be paid by them.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way, talking about Lina Chiam stealing the limelight, look, she is a nurse and she just distributed those simple surgical mask which is useless for this haze! Good media strategy that went wrong lah!

Didn't you see that superb First World photo taken by WP of its members and volunteers posed with those boxes of N95 masks? Boleh lah! What a photo shoot! Nice shot even though there wasn't any resident to be seen around! WP didn't give its AHPeTC cleaners any N95 masks but residents gave them! And then, WP MP Pritam can proudly proclaim that on his social media FB! Smart right? Save these N95 masks for photo shoot and good publicity! You still say they don't know anything about publicity?

Goh Meng Seng

How much has the PAP paid you to spew hate against all other parties except them? You who bring in Nicole Seah, can't win a seat in an election and think you are God.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I am just stating plain facts. Any politicians, be it ruling or opposition, will have to be very careful when they want to score political points because the media (be it MSM, social media or otherwise) exposure is a double edged sword. Lian Chiam has done it badly by doing the wrong thing, distributing the wrong mask for her PR exercise.

For smart alec WP, even worst. At least Lina Chiam took photo with residents, talking to residents while those WP amateurs have made it so bloody crude by taking photo of themselves with those boxes of masks! That's basically PR disaster. Of course, their Smart Alec MP is the worst, trying to score political points by exposing his own TC's inadequacy! What kinds of PR skill is that? Palm face.

Goh Meng Seng