• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wong kan Seng say he dun talkc0ck on the NET, he got actions

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
The context is on 'warning against complacency, 10 years after SARS'.

I quote from today which he was quoted;

'When you have a national crisis.. how would polarisation help you in coping with it? Ultimately, you need to know what you need to do... Will the government tell me what goes on and help me overcome it? Will the government restore confidence, particularly when it affects the economy and livelihood of many people? Who can(do that)? Not the thousands of noises you hear on the internet

He also say "There ought to be proper authority and accountability" in a crisis situation, he reiterated.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cunts with no sense of responsibiity should not talk cock and go round preaching accountability when not one word was offered to apologise for the limping terrorist getting away via unfixed bathroom windows. This brainless cunt, of course, quoted the mother of all idiotic mother of all quotes: If Salamat is not in Singapore, it means that he has left the island.

And this man was our one-time DPM? Rear Teo's performance is good, when evaluated against this short arse.

Last edited:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
WKS is famous. Did you know that he has a golf tournament named after him.:biggrin:

http://www.hometeamns.sg/index.cfm?GPID=952

wks2.jpg

VIP Flight (L-R): SCDF Commissioner Mr Peter Lim, Mr Michael Palmer, Speaker of Parliament, Mr Yeow Ing Hwa, MD of Vantage Automotive and Mr Ong Kian Min, Consultant, Drew & Napier

Aiyo the lineup of participants for the Wong Kan Seng challenge is hilarious. 2 out of 4 got embroiled in sex scandal!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
VIP Flight (L-R): SCDF Commissioner Mr Peter Lim, Mr Michael Palmer, Speaker of Parliament, Mr Yeow Ing Hwa, MD of Vantage Automotive and Mr Ong Kian Min, Consultant, Drew & Napier

Aiyo the lineup of participants for the Wong Kan Seng challenge is hilarious. 2 out of 4 got embroiled in sex scandal!
All playing the 19th hole!!! LOL

Last edited:

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wong Kan Seng warns Singaporeans to wake up from ur fxxxxxxx idea

Wong Kan Seng warning Singaporeans against complacency

Warning against complacency, 10 years after SARS

SINGAPORE — The Republic’s success story in fending off the deadly Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) outbreak a decade ago, which has since become an international positive case study along with countries such as Vietnam, is one that bears repeating.

But for former Deputy Prime Minister Wong Kan Seng, who had led the inter-ministry SARS taskforce at the height of the crisis, the worry is that despite all the systems and processes put in place to cope with another epidemic — including documents for public servants detailing how to respond, step-by-step, to a national crisis — complacency has set in among the public as memories fade.

Society has also changed, he noted, not least the rise of social media which could be a game-changer in how countries cope with future health scares: It could become a double-edged sword — spreading confusion and panic as rumours swirl. At the same time, it could facilitate the dissemination of public health announcements.

In other words, there is no guarantee that Singapore can replicate its success should another epidemic strike.

“Today, compared with 2003, definitely the Government is much better prepared in this, and I think the public, too, would be familiar. But of course 10 years on, many people may not recall (what happened),” said Mr Wong, 67, in an interview yesterday to mark the 10th anniversary of SARS.

“Some were too young at that time ... they might have heard of SARS ... but I don’t think they know what we faced at the time.”

Mr Wong, who was also Minister for Home Affairs, noted that Singapore has not faced any crisis of a similar scale in recent times.

“I think when people have not experienced any crisis for quite a while, they would get complacent ... From time to time, we’ll read about fatalities caused by H1N1, H5N1, in other countries, and (Singaporeans) think it didn’t happen here, and therefore we’ll be all right. So, complacency could set in. But for the public agencies, they can’t afford to be so, they must continue to run the exercises,” cautioned Mr Wong, who was in the Cabinet for more than 25 years before stepping down in 2011. He remains a Member of Parliament for Bishan-Toa Payoh Group Representation Constituency.

In a candid interview, Mr Wong also reflected on the lessons learnt from the SARS crisis, including how, in hindsight, the authorities should have isolated the virus at Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH) earlier than it did on March 22, 2003.

“Once we recognised it, we should have found a way to contain it within one hospital, as Ground Zero. Then we don’t admit any other types of patients. We didn’t do it early enough. By that time, infected patients had started clusters in other hospitals, the Singapore General Hospital and National University Hospital,” he said.

Less than three months after the first SARS patient was admitted to hospital with suspected pneumonia, Singapore was declared SARS-free in May 2003.

Ultimately, the SARS virus claimed the lives of 33 people here and infected 283 people in total. Around the world, it killed 774 people.

The economy was crippled as Singaporeans shunned public places, and international tourism took a beating.

In the aftermath of the SARS crisis, the Government set up a homefront management centre, which will tackle all crises, including flu pandemics and terrorist attacks. Publications were also produced, detailing planning parameters as well as a national response plan for the Government, Mr Wong said.

He added: “For all the ministries that have a role to play in a crisis, they have their plans, based on scenarios that were worked out and they need to exercise those plans.”

Much has been said about the impact of the rise of social media around the world, including how trust in the authorities has eroded.

Mr Wong noted: “Whatever goes on Facebook, which is not backed up by facts and authoritative sources, the public should ignore.”

Should a national crisis strike, the Government “has to learn how to respond to comments on Facebook, and most importantly, to communicate as quickly as possible to the public”, he added.

While society has become more polarised, Mr Wong urged Singaporeans to retain that “unity of purpose, sense of trust” in order to overcome future crises. He acknowledged that right now, there “may be a lot of noises about things the Government does”. But when crisis strikes, managing it requires “not a flat organisation where everyone has their views”. “There ought to be proper authority and accountability” in a crisis situation, he reiterated.

He added: “When you have a national crisis, and a healthcare scare like (SARS), how would polarisation help you in coping with it? Ultimately, you need to know what you need to do. Can I be treated? Will the Government tell me what goes on and help me overcome it? Will the Government restore confidence, particularly when it affects the economy and livelihood of many people? Who can (do that)? Not the thousands of noises you hear on the Internet.”

While the SARS crisis might be a distant memory for some, Mr Wong stressed that there were important lessons to be learnt: “For instance, how do we plan for alternative sources of food supply? At the schools level, there were half a million children in schools, how do we cope?

“Public transport was another problem, there were two million people in the workforce, how do we ensure the public transport system continues to function, and that (employees) continue to go to work?”

He added: “Strong coordination among various agencies is important, and at the public level, people must know what they need to do, they must be responsible.”

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/warning-against-complacency-10-years-after-sars

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Wong Kan Seng warns Singaporeans to wake up from ur fxxxxxxx idea

The most complacent f**ker talking about complaceny. WKS got into political office and $$$ because he is a famiLee member. He was unsackable (at least until the last GE) and that was the root of his complacent and bad performance in office. Look at national security, home affairs, the incompetent poodles and now CPIB is a laughting stock. Oh yah, still got Mas Selamat...

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

WKS is to complacent.

Taking us for granted.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last time Government fight with communist, fight with oppositions, fight for our right to survive.

Now they fight against the people.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. ah shortie, pls hoh.
3. take a good look at the ugly image from the mirror first:biggrin:

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
The context is on 'warning against complacency, 10 years after SARS'.

I quote from today which he was quoted;

'When you have a national crisis.. how would polarisation help you in coping with it? Ultimately, you need to know what you need to do... Will the government tell me what goes on and help me overcome it? Will the government restore confidence, particularly when it affects the economy and livelihood of many people? Who can(do that)? Not the thousands of noises you hear on the internet

He also say "There ought to be proper authority and accountability" in a crisis situation, he reiterated.

National Crisis... usually, caused by Gov. poor leadership, misguided policies and wrongful acts.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What a joke...we are still paying for this incompetent fool?, does he have any shame at all..teaching us complacency?? How can I forget him?, during that "period" I have to visit Johor using the causeway for business...the incovienece we all have to go through, not to mention, our security at risk & telling tall tales of the escape "limping all the way from Mt. Pleasant Rd to Thomson Rd to Jln. Toa Payoh"..what kind of idiot they think we are??

Gee!..still around...& get paid..we are really idiots...each time I clear customs ( SINgapore side) I will silently, curse him...till this day! hmmmm

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wong Kan Seng preaching against complacency is like a prostitute extolling the virtues of abstinence.

Get off your non-existent high horse, you 入赘李家的驸马爷.

And try to shut up... even the PAP supporters detest you.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a joke...we are still paying for this incompetent fool?, does he have any shame at all..teaching us complacency?? How can I forget him?, during that "period" I have to visit Johor using the causeway for business...the incovienece we all have to go through, not to mention, our security at risk & telling tall tales of the escape "limping all the way from Mt. Pleasant Rd to Thomson Rd to Jln. Toa Payoh"..what kind of idiot they think we are??

Gee!..still around...& get paid..we are really idiots...each time I clear customs ( SINgapore side) I will silently, curse him...till this day! hmmmm

Ha ha...
A very good memory.
Hope majority do not forget it.

All politicians are thick-skinned.
PAPs are the best, never see anyone of them resigned from post gracefully/ willingly.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How can I forget him?, during that "period" I have to visit Johor using the causeway for business...the incovienece we all have to go through, not to mention, our security at risk & telling tall tales of the escape "limping all the way from Mt. Pleasant Rd to Thomson Rd to Jln. Toa Payoh"..what kind of idiot they think we are?? ....

I remember the lorries that tailed all the way back to the Kranji MRT station. In fact they set up a semi-permanent post nearby. Now that semi-nearby post is gone & it's business as usual.

When taking a ferry to Batam there would be police officers checking the boats before the passengers were allowed to embark, then check again just before leaving the harbour. Ferries were also sometimes intercepted ay sea & the police would check for Mas.

All this time Mas had already escaped to JB.
Today I notice that they have posted a lone patrol boat just off Sentosa whoever is out there doing guard duty must be cursing WKS.:biggrin:

Today it's business as usual & with the new population targets I think the new super bug will come from India & not China:eek:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wks2.jpg

Another was left out after wife complained to Pinky. Resulting from his adventures, all PI firms must now inform SIRD of their targets under surveillance. He was caught with pants down and PI company wasn't aware he was an MP. Nice man though.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The most complacent f**ker talking about complaceny. WKS got into political office and $$$ because he is a famiLee member. He was unsackable (at least until the last GE) and that was the root of his complacent and bad performance in office. Look at national security, home affairs, the incompetent poodles and now CPIB is a laughting stock. Oh yah, still got Mas Selamat...

CPIB was never under MHA. Under PMO. WKS can be forgiven for CPIB errors.