• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Woman's toes amputated after visiting Thai fish spa

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Woman's toes amputated after visiting Thai fish spa
See 28 More Photos
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppGoogle Gmail Share
Posted on 17 September 2018 | 6,953 views | 4 comments
Victoria Curthoys, a 29-year-old Australian, had her toes amputated after visiting a fish spa in Thailand.

In 2006, she had suffered a bone infection after stepping on glass and part of her big toe had to be removed.
According to Lianhe Zaobao, Victoria thought the issues with her feet were over, until she visited the fish spa in Thailand four years later in 2010.
She believed the fish tank looked clean and saw the Thailand shopkeeper setting it up, so she thought nothing of it.

When she went back to Australia, she saw a doctor as she felt unwell and constantly had a fever.

According to Curthoys, it took doctors over a year to diagnose the type of bug that infected her feet which turned out to be the bacteria Shewanella.
The bacteria from the fish tank had gotten through her previous surgery wounds and its result was Osteomyelitis, another bone infection.
According to the Daily Mail, by this time what was left of her big toe had rotted away forcing medics to amputate it in 2012.
After amputating her big toe fully, the rest of her toes seemed fine until doctors realised her second toe had an infection.

Two years after amputating her second toe, she found herself vomiting and knew she had yet another infection.
This time the doctors did not believe her until she took a blood test.

Seven years after the amputation of her big toe, she had to have three surgeries to amputate the rest of her four toes on her right foot.
She had her final surgery in November 2017 and her last toe was removed.
To build her confidence and encourage people who are unhappy with how their feet or legs look after amputation, Victoria has started an instagram account, @terrifically-toeless.
screenshot_11.jpg
screenshot_11_0.jpg

Initially, Victoria was extremely reluctant to show her right foot in public, especially when at the pool or beach.
However she has long overcome that fear and has many posts of her dipping her feet in the pool.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why will anyone with half a brain put their feet into a pool of water dipped by countless others? How often do u reckon the water is replaced?!

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why will anyone with half a brain put their feet into a pool of water dipped by countless others? How often do u reckon the water is replaced?!
It was like putting your hands inside a net full of mosquitoes after countless others have already done so. It is common sense. When I visited Qian Hu and see many people dipped their feet into the fish spa, it send a chill down my spine. If the water is not dirty, consider the fish might carry diseases of other people when dozens nibble at your hidden wound.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why are the authorities not doing anything about this unhygienic practice? WHAT THE FUCK?!

It is illegal to sell dirty food that will lead to food poisoning, but it is ok to sell foot soaking service that results in amputations?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If she ask me, I would have tickled her toes & it would still be around today. Not only her toes, with a Chinese ink brush, I can spa with her 'pearl'... & would be in "seventh heaven"... ha ha ha ha

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was like putting your hands inside a net full of mosquitoes after countless others have already done so. It is common sense. When I visited Qian Hu and see many people dipped their feet into the fish spa, it send a chill down my spine. If the water is not dirty, consider the fish might carry diseases of other people when dozens nibble at your hidden wound.

like dipping ur dickie in Petain pussies unshielded.........

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can we have some pictures of shark bite survivors? Those happened to guys who dipped in australian waters.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont be uneducated. She already had old injuries. Thats the cause. Normal people will not have any problems. Here a tip for the dumb. If you already lost one toe, stop doing shit with that leg!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
fish and crawlies swimming in fresh water in india, south china and south east asia carry the worst bacteria. at least sea water 69 miles off the coast kills off some bacteria due to its salt content.