• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woman uses a droid to keep her place at the front of the line at Apple store

Bison

Alfrescian
Loyal

Woman uses a DROID to hold her place in the queue for a new iPhone 6s at Sydney's Apple Store... so she can carry on working instead of lining up in the cold

• Lucy Kelly is waiting in line at Sydney's Apple store by using a droid robot
  • She set up the machine at 5am on Thursday and went to work as usual
  • Ms Kelly wants to be the first robot to purchase the iPhone 6s on Friday
By Emily Crane for Daily Mail Australia
Published: 11:12 GMT, 24 September 2015 | Updated: 13:14 GMT, 24 September 2015

One woman has gone to extreme lengths to hold her place in the queue for Apple's iPhone 6s by setting up a droid so she can keep working instead of lining up in the cold.

Lucy Kelly is third in line at Sydney's Apple store and plans to be the first 'robot' to buy the latest iPhone when it goes on sale on Friday morning.

She set up her robot machine at 5am on Thursday morning and immediately went back home so she could go to work as normal.

2CB4100300000578-3247090-image-a-2_1443079156837.jpg

Lucy Kelly is third in line at Sydney's apple store and plans to be the first 'robot' to buy the new iPhone 6

2CB40FFF00000578-3247090-image-a-1_1443079149739.jpg

She set up her robot at 5am on Thursday morning so that she was able to 'buy an iPhone and fulfil work duties', and says that every fifth or sixth person stops for a selfie

2CB4253B00000578-3247090-image-a-3_1443079168858.jpg

The media agency Ms Kelly works for, Atomic 212, had a number of spare robots in the office

'It's so busy at work and I was caught between wanting to the first to buy an iPhone and fulfil work duties,' Ms Kelly told Daily Mail Australia.

She said the media agency she works for - Atomic 212 - had a number of the robots in the office.

'I thought it would be funny to sneak one out and put it in the queue,' Ms Kelly said.

'A guy has been there for 17 days, but I'm third in line. I'm obviously in a lot better position because it's raining and cold outside.'

While Ms Kelly has been able to keep up with emails and housekeeping at work, she has been a little distracted by the number of people stopping to chat to her through the droid.

'A couple of people thought I was Siri. I was like, no I’m Lucy,' she said.

'A lot of people have said it’s really cool. Every person has stared and every fifth or sixth person is taking a selfie.

'A security guard has come outside and said it’s the coolest thing they have ever seen.'

Ms Kelly is going to purchase the new iPhone 6s when they go on sale at 8am on Friday and a sales assistant will bag it up and send the droid on its way.

One of Ms Kelly's colleagues will be at the Apple store to ensure the droid can be placed safely in a car and delivered back to her office.

'Everyone in the line was saying this is the future. When something this exciting comes out but you can’t be in two place at once, it's exciting to think you can send yourself virtually down there,' she said.

2CB3FD2200000578-3247090-image-a-1_1443089718984.jpg

One man has been queuing outside the Apple store for 17 days, but Ms Kelly claims she is third in line

2CB40E9700000578-3247090-image-a-2_1443089791070.jpg

Ms Kelly said she was in 'a lot better position' than those physically lining up, due to the adverse weather