• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woman seeks divorce as husband could afford neither car nor car; wants 70% of his monthly salary to be paid as alimony

Johnrambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone here, I need some help and advice here, please. My wife wants to get an alimony and will like me to pay 70% of my salary to her. Can I check if there is a proper way to work out the amount that I should pay her as I will like the payment to be backed up with certain reasons and justifications? I’ll accept paying more than 70% if it is being backed up with certain reasons and justifications. 70% seems quite high to me as CPF contribution is 20% leaving 10% (100-70-20) behind which will leave me with nothing after giving my parents monthly allowance. We have been married for 2 years.

We are both in our late 20s, no kids, co-owning a HDB unit. I have not been giving her allowances until recently, 20% of my income each month. The reason why I have not been giving her allowances was because she used to earn almost the same amount as me previously and more than me recently.

The main reasons for us to get an alimony were the following (hope it helps in deriving the proper alimony I should be paying her):1) She felt that I was biased towards my family and favour my family over her. An example is let’s say if my parents were to pass on (touch wood) and if I get lesser compared to my siblings for some reason, I should fight for it now. I disagreed as I do not want to cause some trouble within my family. However, she shared that me not wanting to cause trouble for my family will cause her displeasure as she is not assured of the money that I would get and eventually the money she would be getting.

2) I was unable to provide for her financially and provide a car. She mentioned that a guy nearing late 20s should be earning 5 digit a month and to be honest, base on my career projection, I’ll not reach that before 30 years old. She also mentioned that I have wasted her youth when she could have been with a guy who treated her better (unbiased against her) and it is a duty of the guy to provide a car and earn more to provide a landed/condo.

A lot more at https://tinyurI.com/y525mqdr

knnb40

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone here, I need some help and advice here, please. My wife wants to get an alimony and will like me to pay 70% of my salary to her. Can I check if there is a proper way to work out the amount that I should pay her as I will like the payment to be backed up with certain reasons and justifications? I’ll accept paying more than 70% if it is being backed up with certain reasons and justifications. 70% seems quite high to me as CPF contribution is 20% leaving 10% (100-70-20) behind which will leave me with nothing after giving my parents monthly allowance. We have been married for 2 years.

We are both in our late 20s, no kids, co-owning a HDB unit. I have not been giving her allowances until recently, 20% of my income each month. The reason why I have not been giving her allowances was because she used to earn almost the same amount as me previously and more than me recently.

The main reasons for us to get an alimony were the following (hope it helps in deriving the proper alimony I should be paying her):1) She felt that I was biased towards my family and favour my family over her. An example is let’s say if my parents were to pass on (touch wood) and if I get lesser compared to my siblings for some reason, I should fight for it now. I disagreed as I do not want to cause some trouble within my family. However, she shared that me not wanting to cause trouble for my family will cause her displeasure as she is not assured of the money that I would get and eventually the money she would be getting.

2) I was unable to provide for her financially and provide a car. She mentioned that a guy nearing late 20s should be earning 5 digit a month and to be honest, base on my career projection, I’ll not reach that before 30 years old. She also mentioned that I have wasted her youth when she could have been with a guy who treated her better (unbiased against her) and it is a duty of the guy to provide a car and earn more to provide a landed/condo.

A lot more at https://tinyurI.com/y525mqdr

do not be stupid and pay her alimony, as long as she don't get married, you have to pay her forever (or you have to go back to court to proved that your income cannot sustain and workout other amount). she will than use your money to fuck with other guys and as long as they not married you have to continued with the alimony.
read up more on woman charter and there are no hard rules you must pay "high" alimony as long as you are not comfortable with. go get a layer if you wish to fight the case with professional guide.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
For short marriages (since both are in your 20s), no need to pay a lot. Depending on your salary, just offer $200 per month as maintenance. As for the flat, division is likely to be based on each party's contribution. If she's not happy, tell her to fuck off and see her in court. See if the judge will give her what she wants.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That’s the price to pay to let your small head get over you and sign the stupid marriage certificate. Woman charter is the strongest law here.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
" I was unable to provide for her financially and provide a car. She mentioned that a guy nearing late 20s should be earning 5 digit a month "

this bitch is confirmed a gold digger and a materialistic whore.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
couple of points
1. obviously she is a greedy
money minded B*
but woman charter will not be in your favor
2. is your mp
@tanwahtiu
or
@sweetiepie uncle
KNN bhai my uncle say now is little too late to see my uncle as he had already leesclosed his unhappiness and problems KNN if he had secretlee consulted my uncle my uncle would have given a similar proposition I.e KILL but in a leescreet way I.e without the assistance of anyone to prevent being blackmailed later on KNN
He should find an assassin to kill her and some shitskins to gangrape her, the sequence is up to him.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN bhai my uncle say now is little too late to see my uncle as he had already leesclosed his unhappiness and problems KNN if he had secretlee consulted my uncle my uncle would have given a similar proposition I.e KILL but in a leescreet way I.e without the assistance of anyone to prevent being blackmailed later on KNN
If whatever he said is true my uncle think this person does not leeserve to be a human being and definitelee does not leeserve to be leeving KNN

Last edited:

ilovechinesegal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tat guy is dumb to marry this kind of stupid gold digger. She is so selfish and everything is about money and even mention about that her husband would get less money if her husband's parents passed away. Lol! This kind of this shit thing, dont divorce and let her divorce as long woman divorce the guy wont need to pay alimony as long is not adultery.