• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Woman falls off bicycle after bus gets too close to her along Choa Chu Kang Road

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
There should be some form of certification by an authority that states a cyclist is competent enough to be riding on a main thoroughfare and more importantly, understanding the rules of the roads and the rights of vehicles' movements.

It would be just as pointless as driving licenses. Just look at the standard of driving of those supposedly certified to drive.

Bacccarat

Alfrescian
Loyal
There should be some form of certification by an authority that states a cyclist is competent enough to be riding on a main thoroughfare and more importantly, understanding the rules of the roads and the rights of vehicles' movements.

or,....learn from him :::

Screenshot_2019-01-16-08-34-59-1.png

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
saw a young sinkie charbor all decked out in sexpensive cyclist attire displaying all kinds of high end brand names, stylish helmet, top of the line shoes with cleats, matching gloves, iphone holder and iphone, spy cams front and rear, intimidating eye shades. as she approached a busy junction she struggled to stay on her $6.9k carbon bike as her legs were too short and seat was too high for one feet to rest on curb. she wobbled and almost peng sang, but managed to slip her butt off the seat forward and onto the frame, with such force that her perineum must have hurt. with camel toe on frame her legs were dangling on both ends taking turns to tiptoe like a seesaw. what a sight! got close to her at the light and asked if she was ok. by the look of her scowl could tell she was insulted. when light turned green, i took off but could see her struggling to get bike in motion as i looked back. it would be safer for her to walk bike home.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I agree. And going one step further, to mandate that all e-riders need to pass a test as well.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
boss, you must be high on some poppy by-products. It's different lah. :rolleyes:

What is your guiding philosophy? Do you want everything to be licensed and controlled?

In NZ I can buy a boat and go sailing without needing any consent from the authorities. If I break any maritime code though I have to pay the fine. In Singapore I cannot even set foot in the water without first passing a test!

I personally prefer the NZ system. Rather than license everything just make a person responsible for following the rules and apply penalties when they don't.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
What is your guiding philosophy? Do you want everything to be licensed and controlled?

In NZ I can buy a boat and go sailing without needing any consent from the authorities. If I break any maritime code though I have to pay the fine. In Singapore I cannot even set foot in the water without first passing a test!

I personally prefer the NZ system. Rather than license everything just make a person responsible for following the rules and apply penalties when they don't.
Simple. Where the safety of others and yourself are concerned, one needs to be certified to operate that machinery. Yes, Sinkieland has too many controls, but most are geared towards ensuring compliance and submission to the authorities.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Simple. Where the safety of others and yourself are concerned, one needs to be certified to operate that machinery. Yes, Sinkieland has too many controls, but most are geared towards ensuring compliance and submission to the authorities.

Where does it end? Should mothers be licensed before they are allowed to push prams? How about a license to ride an escalator so the idiots can be taught not to step off and stand at the top or bottom? License to fuck?

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
This CB should walk instead of cycling.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This woman better standby a coffin if she wants to cycle in JB.

Totally untrue. Did a full day ride to Malacca + return next day. Did not encounter even a single incident. Mudlaysians are pragmatic - they either just chiong ahead of you (and you just have to let the cars go first) or cheer you on. Only in Singkapoor people get pissed and complain endlessly about cyclists.