• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woman cyclist killed along Lornie Road 28/6/13

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Motorized bicycle....we should ban them.

I use to see one ridden by an elderly man, in his 60's, barreling down the road, where I live & often in the bus lane, the bus have to keep a look out..looks like a statistic waiting to happen.

They should not be allowed on the roads...

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem is that it was a "motorised" cycle, and that's why the rider chose to be on the road and not the pavement. Those motorised cycles should simply be banned. Certain roads, like Lornie and West Coast Highway should also simply ban all cyclists, including motorised cycles.

Ban these motorised bicycles?

You should go to Geyland and it's surrounding area and see for yourself what a cowboy town that place is where such bicycles are concerned.

Of course it's never a concern to the ruling Elites about the existence of such problems until one of such Elites ended up killing these type of bicyclist.

But then as you would have guessed, if the Elites are involved in ANY accidents they could never be at fault!LOL

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I use to see one ridden by an elderly man, in his 60's, barreling down the road, where I live & often in the bus lane, the bus have to keep a look out..looks like a statistic waiting to happen.

They should not be allowed on the roads...

There was a news yesterday about a 71 year old taxi driver getting punched for blocking another. Seriously, at 71 year old, he should be barred from driving a taxi.

What is this country turning into? A death pit?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There was a news yesterday about a 71 year old taxi driver getting punched for blocking another. Seriously, at 71 year old, he should be barred from driving a taxi.

What is this country turning into? A death pit?

What to do? we have 70+ & 80+ you see them shuffling along clearing your tables after you eat, but these are lesser mortals...do not forget we have a 'dear leader' still working approaching 90....

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
do not forget we have a 'dear leader' still working approaching 90....

we're merely economic digits to the elites. was reading up a bit on Thai citizenship, need to be PR for 10 years then can apply. ptui... looking at the queue at ICA building... machiam got hello kitty give-away also...

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
these motorised bicycles riders need to take class 2B liscence or not?

Sadly not. At the moment they are treated like bicycles which in fact they are not. Since they have a motor and are able to travel at much faster speeds they should be treated like any other motorbike, which means: helmet+driving licence+registration. Otherwise ban them!

Last edited:

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
What puzzles me in this case is the damage on the cement mixer's front right side. I know that spot quite well and believe the truck was exiting PIE coming from Tuas and simply overlooked the bike which was coming from Farrer Road. The lane at that spot is merging so lots of drivers think they don't need to wait for traffic when getting onto Lornie Road.

I believe this accident is the truck drivers fault.

Last edited:

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
What puzzles me in this case is the damage on the cement mixer's front right side. I know that spot quite well and believe the truck was exiting PIE coming from Tuas and simply overlooked the bike which was coming from Farrer Road. The lane at that spot is merging so lots of drivers think they don't need to wait for traffic when getting onto Lornie Road.

I believe this accident is the truck drivers fault.

It doesnt matter whose fault it is. the woman is dead. even if she had the right of way, she's still dead.

truth is, some cyclists ride on the road. some on the pathment. some ride with the traffic flow. some against. sometimes they use the pedestrain crossing. sometimes they use the traffic light. its really not easy driving on our roads.

i had an incident with a Malay cyclist. he was riding on the road towards the traffic light (red signal). when he approached the red light he suddenly turned onto the pedestrain crossing (green man blinking). I was turning and missed him by inches. how the hell was i suppose to predict that he would suddenly become a pedestrain???!!! and he gave me the finger as a parting gift.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
It doesnt matter whose fault it is. the woman is dead. even if she had the right of way, she's still dead.

Of course it matters. How else can you try and reduce such accidents in the future? There are as many idiot cyclists as there are idiot motorists. Campaigning for or against one of those groups won't benefit anyone.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I hate to say this, but cycling in Singapore should be relegated to an exercise sport and not as a means of transportation. There are just too many vehicles on the road. Ride on the PCN and minimise usage of public roads.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course it matters. How else can you try and reduce such accidents in the future? There are as many idiot cyclists as there are idiot motorists. Campaigning for or against one of those groups won't benefit anyone.

You must be a moron to post something like this.

The place does not care about reducing accidents.

All it does best is to make sure their kind do not need to meet with such accidents ( and if these kinds unfortunately do, the justice system will know what to do) and last but not forgeting, to get huge revenue from road users.

Last edited: