• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wise words from Khaw Boon Wan "university degree not vital for success"

singham

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually, i wanted to do a psychology course cos of interest. i am always very curious and seems to know a lot about human nature. i like observing women's bitchiness especially.:p

getting a higher education is fine which gear you to higher thinking but certain types of degree courses which is really a waste of time and money like psychology. I have known these people become jobless and waste of their talent.

Learning a trade skill is worth more than learning things like psychology, biology which are dead end school text book learning.

actually, i seem to agree that money can be used to gauge a person's happiness.

Idiot! If not using monetary to gauge success them use what? Happiness Index? We're not Bhutanese in the mountain you know?

yes, i ;d rather be rich and unhappy, it's ok!

If a rich person is not happy, then what's the point of being rich?
The saying is true: Rich people may not be happy but really poor people are very seldom happy.
Bestest is to be rich and happy and also feel rich when looking at cpf statement.

jw5

Loyal
actually, i wanted to do a psychology course cos of interest. i am always very curious and seems to know a lot about human nature. i like observing women's bitchiness especially.:p

The problem with doing this course is that the curious women will also be observing you.

oldjunkee

Alfrescian
Loyal
So shallow this Minister!

Measure success only through monetary values...And he is happy he got $8 heart ops while peasants paid tens or hundreds of thousands

On one hand he asked people to upgrade to become more skillful and on the other hand he said University degree is not important! WTF??
:biggrin:

AsiaOne

University degree 'not vital for success': Khaw Boon Wan - AsiaOne.com
AsiaOne - ‎7 hours ago‎

Singaporeans do not need to be university graduates to be successful, said National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan on Saturday.

Last edited:

ThugSin

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: So shallow this Minister!

e8vg8y.jpg

kongsimi

Alfrescian
Loyal
he tok lubbish lah!

the percentage of graduates in a country signifies how much a country has developed and if the workforce are skillful.

not a measure of how much people could earn.

khaw-boon-wan11.jpg

Last edited: