• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Windows Phone pronouced dead by MS today

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It was Xerox that change the way computer work. Xerox invented the mouse click codings and the top line File Tool Help drop down list program on the top of the screen.

Click the File get a drop down list Name Setup Exit... and so on. And first time letters are white colour instead of green on black back ground. Impoved on graphic card also happen at the same time.

Xerox showed it to Jobbie and Jobbie took it to start his apple computer. Luck was with him again and it become innovative new PC.

Bill Gate start his PC compete w apple on lower cheaper PC and use DOS program from IBM.

Jobbie took MS to court and loss the case becos the drop dowm list program was from Xerox but not his own invention. Shit him he borrowed from Xerox never return it to Xerox.

More like jobbie has business luck and Opportunist to get to see and try it first.

What visionary? The ipad and ipod are progressive technology advancement with touch screen tech from Xerox also.

The ipod came about the mp3 to mp4 digital compression technology for video and sound in PC development. Compressed 1Mb to 10Kb is the new data compression tech in mp4.

Nothing new and jobbie only change tweet the technology.

Any thing else?

One of the definitions of visionary :

thinking about or planning the future with imagination or wisdom.
"a visionary leader"
synonyms: inspired, imaginative, creative, inventive, insightful, ingenious, enterprising, innovative, perceptive, intuitive, far-sighted, prescient, discerning, penetrating, sharp, shrewd, wise, clever, talented, gifted, resourceful; More

Nothing about inventing lah. SJ saw what PARC did & he saw the potential & Apple was the first companies to used it in their computers i.e. Lisa. At that time Sony had also developed the 3.5" floppy dive & Apple was the 1st company to use both the GUI & the Sony drive. By the way SJ did not steal the idea. In exchange Xerox was allowed to buy share options at Apple https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xerox_Alto

Xerox did introduce a system based on the PARC research but it cost US$100,000 :eek: It used a proprietary hardware however Apple used the cheaper Motorola 68000 processor.

The PC IBM introduced was not cheap. In todays prices it cost US$5,000, https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2101426/ibm-pc-ago. This is just for the computer & monitor without a HDD, soundcard, ... I saw one at the Uni & it was crap. The students preferred to use the Apple computers :smile:

Apple was never the 1st to introduce a technology. It was Creative who introduced the first MP3 player. I had one of these devices from Creative & can tell you it was a weak device. It was a poor quality device. Used ordinary batteries. Had limited software & there was no App Store where you could download music.

I've also got the original iPod & although it is 16+ years old it still runs. The quality is very solid. The product from Creative didn't last, I only got 1 to 2 years use out of it.

I think it was Samsung who 1st tried to introduce a GUI handphone & Microsoft the 1st tablet :confused:
The fact is they failed in the market. It was Apple who succeeded in the market place with their iPod, iPhone, iPad, Computers, the App store, .... Who would have thought of starting an online store for music & movies?

It was Steve Jobs who had the knack to recognise the features, hardware, software, .... that could be packaged into what people would want & pay for? That is why Apple is the most valuable company in the US.

With the death of SJ many predicted that Apples heydays are numbered. :(