• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will you miss Yahoo Auctions??

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
Sep 19, 2008
Yahoo! auction site folds
home-yahoosg.jpg

A spokesman for Yahoo! South-east Asia told Life! the United States-based Internet company is closing down the site to provide more value to its customers by re-allocating its resources. -- ST PHOTO

The death knell is sounding for Yahoo! Auctions Singapore, which will shut down next Monday after 10 years in operation.
But the online auction site is not likely to be missed by Singapore's savvy netizens. Many have long migrated to other shopping sites for quicker and easier transactions.

A spokesman for Yahoo! South-east Asia told Life! the United States-based Internet company is closing down the site to provide more value to its customers by re-allocating its resources.

But industry observers say that the auction culture - where bidders drive the price upwards - simply does not work in Singapore where people like to haggle and push the price down.

In online auctions, buyers have the option of bidding for an item or buying it immediately at a fixed 'buy now' price set slightly higher by the seller.

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
can olso add fuckwarezone :biggrin:....Think most of us will not miss Yahoo as the other shopping sites do provide faster and easier transactions than them :p

seizure

Alfrescian
Loyal
i recall some time ago the fuckwarezone marketplace is essentially ebay singapore.

i feel sad that yahoo auctions is no more - i liked it a lot - esp car rental when i need wheels!

edit: now to get rental ads, i have to plow through many sites... and always expensive!

The MilkMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
make no difference to me as i very seldom buy things on the site.
but i believe a lot of people will be disappointed with it as there goes another alternate site to find good bargains.

cydonia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I won't really miss the yahoo auctions, the marketplace in vr-zone, fuckwarezone is so much better for the product i want to get. And E-bay have so much more varities of product which i am more willing to bid than yahoo auction SG.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
auction is really a waste of time, if you want something buy directly from the website.

why spend time tracking the prices? got so much free time to play with numbers?

War Criminal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I missed Yahoo Auctions. You could get almost anything you wanted there, like pirated dvds, games, singapore stuff. Ebay is more troublesome also and since got transaction costs therefore not as many people.

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
auction is really a waste of time, if you want something buy directly from the website.

why spend time tracking the prices? got so much free time to play with numbers?

Same as you chrikukustians go church waste time listening to all the craps from your pestors mah :biggrin: