• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will SDP withdraw from this BE had CSJ be allowed to contest?

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
From last friday nite interview by CSJ with the media,
my six sense tells me that SDP is a one man show,
and the ultimate result is SDP will withdraw from this BE.
My reason is due to the fact that CSJ is unable to contest in this BE.
Now my question is, had CSJ be allowed to contest in this BE,
will SDP still withdraw from this BE?

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chee sold several hundred copies of his book.
On that basis he thought he was popular.
If he could, he would have stood in the BE.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chee sold several hundred copies of his book.
On that basis he thought he was popular.
If he could, he would have stood in the BE.

He probably thought the several hundred copies were all bought by Punggol East residents

Last edited:

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
He probably thought the several hundred copies were all bought by Punggol East residents

Given his state of mind, i.e., delusions of grandeur, anything is possible.
But now that SDP is hemorrhaging members, I think he has outworn his welcome
and it will only be time before we hear of his departure.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now my question is, had CSJ be allowed to contest in this BE,
will SDP still withdraw from this BE?

Answer is no. CSJ would do better in a GRC than in an SMC, given the baggage he carries. PT or AYG would have been the best guy for PE.

Last edited:

TuaGow

Alfrescian
Loyal
sdp would have been finished, it's now revealed that chee bye was stopped because many members threaten to quit the party.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you ask me, succession should have taken place 1 week before CSJ opened his big mouth.

Agree to disagree: changing leaders overnight is not the wisest thing to do. Not changing leaders, a la Chiam, is also suicidal.

Best is to plan for a smooth takeover over a specified time frame, maybe over 2 electoral periods. And blood in capable, young chaps.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He's good for at least 2 more elections. But all parties should plan for succession. Or you'll end up like Chiam and the SPP.

You are only thinking about his age. You should be thinking about SDP. He should go immediately so that the new team can re-group in preparation for 2016.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are only thinking about his age. You should be thinking about SDP. He should go immediately so that the new team can re-group in preparation for 2016.

The question is not only "Should Chee go" which is probably yes. The question is also "who is smart and capable enough and commands enough respect to take over him", and we don't really know that.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The question is not only "Should Chee go" which is probably yes. The question is also "who is smart and capable enough and commands enough respect to take over him", and we don't really know that.

There is an opportunitist looking on at the side. If CSJ goes, he can move in.

Last edited:

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is an opportunitist looking on at the side. If CSJ goes, he can move in.

GMS has the experience and good connections, especially with the TOC people. He would be a worthy candidate. He did well in rejuvenating NSP in the year before the 2011 GE.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GMS has the experience and good connections, especially with the TOC people. He would be a worthy candidate. He did well in rejuvenating NSP in the year before the 2011 GE.

I am thinking of another guy. GMS wouldn't make it with this team.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal

GMS was lucky. He had all the people from the Refugee Party turning up at his doorstep, including Hazel Poa, Nicole Seah, Jeanette Chong.