• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will passing IPPT ever be a fun thing?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I always enjoyed IPPT. Passing it was a breeze. I hardly worked up a sweat.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You may get the Fun when you are fit.
But you may fail when you are fat.
Fully agreed. I used to wonder why many are complaining about Ippt and why they are so lazy and not want to keep fit. Then due to my own neglect, coupled with aging, I lost my fitness. There was a stage when I no longer could complete a 2.4 km without stopping. The process of regaining my fitness was really painful. If not for my past experience of being fit, I think I would have given up long ago. Therefore, for those who had not enjoyed the wonder of being fit before, it will be really tough to become fit once they hit middle age. Usually only a life threatening condition may wake them up.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Fully agreed. I used to wonder why many are complaining about Ippt and why they are so lazy and not want to keep fit. Then due to my own neglect, coupled with aging, I lost my fitness. There was a stage when I no longer could complete a 2.4 km without stopping. The process of regaining my fitness was really painful. If not for my past experience of being fit, I think I would have given up long ago. Therefore, for those who had not enjoyed the wonder of being fit before, it will be really tough to become fit once they hit middle age. Usually only a life threatening condition may wake them up.

Fitness is really easy. 3km run 4 times a week, 20 chin ups and 50 push ups daily was all that I needed. I did my runs on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. Chin ups was on a bar I set up on a doorway at home.

The runs kept me slim so the rest of the test like shuttle run and standing broad jump were never a problem. I didn't bother training for those.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fitness is really easy. 3km run 4 times a week, 20 chin ups and 50 push ups daily was all that I needed. I did my runs on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. Chin ups was on a bar I set up on a doorway at home.

The runs kept me slim so the rest of the test like shuttle run and standing broad jump were never a problem. I didn't bother training for those.

You have mentioned the magic word "slim". For fat people, the knees would need to support so much more load when they exercise. As one aged, the knees will also start to give way. To slim down through exercise, we need to reach a certain level of intensity before fat can be burnt (about 5km in less than 30 min at least 3 times a week) It is very difficult for a fat person to achieve that. Many fat people do exercise regularly but they will not be able to burn away their fat. Instead their knees will be damaged.

I have gone through it. It is real tough, requiring a combination of strict diet and exercise regime to remove the fat without hurting the knees. Most would not have the discipline. Furthermore, the process is a very long one. However, once the weight is reduced, maintaining is easy. It is the initial phase that is difficult. Can take about 2 to 3 years.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
You have mentioned the magic word "slim". For fat people, the knees would need to support so much more load when they exercise. As one aged, the knees will also start to give way. To slim down through exercise, we need to reach a certain level of intensity before fat can be burnt (about 5km in less than 30 min at least 3 times a week) It is very difficult for a fat person to achieve that. Many fat people do exercise regularly but they will not be able to burn away their fat. Instead their knees will be damaged.

The trick is not to get fat in the first place. Fat is nothing more than lack of willpower.

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
fun n games my ass lah. some of the more garang siao kia PTI will make you do more pushups or watevah if you don't play hard enough for them. or kena fall you out, tell u go n see MO.

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Free money at the same time can build stamina.
Rather than paying few thousand for high class gym.

some neigbourhood CC also have free gym leh. why be forced to take lessons when you have work to do, potentially wasting thousands of dollars per year, n getting skipped over for a promotion or raise of of this compulsory. it's not "FREE" it's never free when familee is involved

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
to keep slim is very easy, buy a condo with olympic size swimming pool, like sommervile park in farrer road, swim 3 times a day and combine with steam room treatments. I can guarantee in 3 months you will slim like goring pisang.
I am not like lim shit sway always said cpf keep with pap is good but wont dare to write in black and white, such a boneless pappy.

I have gone through it. It is real tough, requiring a combination of strict diet and exercise regime to remove the fat without hurting the knees. Most would not have the discipline. Furthermore, the process is a very long one. However, once the weight is reduced, maintaining is easy. It is the initial phase that is difficult. Can take about 2 to 3 years.