• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why you shouldn't be a salaried individual your entire life

Johnrambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed there are many ways of putting food on the table, though majority in Singapore's highly risk-averse society choose to toil under the wings of others- simply because it would seem relatively safer and far less hazardous compared to building an enterprise from scratch for themselves. Then again they really cannot be faulted for possessing such mindsets; after all our working culture has unequivocally demonstrated a near zero tolerance for failure. Folks who rough it out on their own terms and tanked in the aftermath are often viewed as smart-ass rejects who should have known better, rather than aspiring adventurers who haven't quite yet figured out the formula for success.

That being said, having expectations of remaining gainfully employed throughout one's entire life is at best an unrealistic, romantic notion. The iron rice bowl of the past is now a myth in the present day where everyone is always in a rush to reach their next destination, and markets evolve on the terms and conditions of dizzying rapid technological change. So endure the headwinds, run Forrest run, else be prepared to get chewed up and spitted out.

If you are trapped in a 9-5 job, the following probably apply to you:

1. You are merely a minion slaving away as you countdown ever so loudly in your head to the moment its finally time to knock off on a daily basis.

2. You are helplessly subjected to the whims and possibly unreasonable demands of superiors.

3. You are a dispensable item in the larger scheme of things; you are ridiculed, criticized and unappreciated. And of course not forgetting to throw in suffering undesirable wage cuts, brutal overtime hours and a constant fear of being replaced into the mix.

More at https://tinyurI.com/yak4f33g

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
From what i know, sinkies will work for a few years, then quit after stealing several clients from the boss.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
1. You are merely a minion slaving away as you countdown ever so loudly in your head to the moment its finally time to knock off on a daily basis.

2. You are helplessly subjected to the whims and possibly unreasonable demands of superiors.

3. You are a dispensable item in the larger scheme of things; you are ridiculed, criticized and unappreciated. And of course not forgetting to throw in suffering undesirable wage cuts, brutal overtime hours and a constant fear of being replaced into the mix.

More at https://tinyurI.com/yak4f33g

I admit #1 and #2 sounds very much like me. But it's too late for me now already after 50 no more chance and also no more courage to jump out on my own. Everyday continue to sell screws for my Thai boss that's about it.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not everyone can, or should be a towkay.

Ignore the people who insist entrepreneurship is the holy grail to success and self-actualization... they don't know what they're talking about.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not everyone can, or should be a towkay.

Ignore the people who insist entrepreneurship is the holy grail to success and self-actualization... they don't know what they're talking about.

Yes some people are born to be wolves, and some to be sheep. No use telling a sheep to be a wolf. But forcing wolves to be sheep, that's a recipe for disaster.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
taking the first step is always the hardest. its like having anal sex. You think your butt hole cannot accept a dick. but once you tried, you never look back. The same for striking it out.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why would anyone want to be slave for another?
But there are still people ard who so down to earth that have job have wages can liao
Nothing more
一种米养百种人
When you have opportunity, will you grab considering the risk?
In local, rigid, local taught o be obedient no dream no ambition no risk taker kiasi
Want easy money less effort thats why easy to con:biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
0EE95146-3C2C-4A07-9D5F-E0A24C33638E.gif

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I admit to #1 #2 and #3. My life fucking sucks. No career prospects, no opportunities, everyday just surf SBF and hope for the best.:biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why would anyone want to be slave for another?
But there are still people ard who so down to earth that have job have wages can liao
Nothing more
一种米养百种人
When you have opportunity, will you grab considering the risk?
In local, rigid, local taught o be obedient no dream no ambition no risk taker kiasi
Want easy money less effort thats why easy to con:biggrin:

Some people are perfectly content to not be the top dog, instead preferring to work behind the scenes, be advisers or do the battling on the frontlines. And they believe in what they do.

If you think you're a slave, you are. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. And some bosses are good mentors.

Special mention: MLM is not entrepreneurship. Don't be fooled by the pro-MLM cultists.

meepokboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
easier said than done.... I rather live boringly with my feet on the ground rather than having my head in the clouds

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its always good to be an entrepreneur some point in life esp if one has the passion, skills and deep pockets...after graduating with a biz degree I took 2 years off to get a diploma in nursing...lost out quite a bit of money as compared to my peers but now at least i wont get retrench and will draw at least 90k pa wont get rich but also wont starve..only 3 jobs I feel worth working in sg...uniformed scholar, banker and physician

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is no bad job in Singapore, only bad bosses. If you want to be a boss, than don't become one of them. Utimately, there is no winner for bad bosses whether you are the boss or worker. PAP has already bankrupted of ideas to deal with these bosses until now. So recession is not a bad thing, to help workers do the purging.

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Number your days and don't be miserable till the end. Don't you feel lousy when you are oldest in the team and still pushing some shit for an asshole boss?

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
This reasoning does not apply if you are working as a salaried minister in the PAP gahmen....

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Number your days and don't be miserable till the end. Don't you feel lousy when you are oldest in the team and still pushing some shit for an asshole boss?
KNN correct KNN some people is no choice no money stuck here have to work till die but some people already have money but still working miserably throughout their life with all white hair leeporting to black hair youngster KNN better ownself agar agar ho KNN

Last edited: