• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

why would anyone join USD

Royal Canin Feline 32

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you think I am, a Hollywood scriptwriter?

I don't know what you are, man. i am always wary of pple claiming, oh I have a hot stock tip 4 u, oh i have some juicy insider info. who knows whether real or bluff.

i hope if u really got inside info dat person knows u r posting this here. especially when ur insider info seem to contradict what other forummers are saying like scroobal who say TKL definitely will not stand for election.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know what you are, man. i am always wary of pple claiming, oh I have a hot stock tip 4 u, oh i have some juicy insider info. who knows whether real or bluff.

i hope if u really got inside info dat person knows u r posting this here. especially when ur insider info seem to contradict what other forummers are saying like scroobal who say TKL definitely will not stand for election.

I didn't ask you to believe me. It's up to you not to believe me.

I also didn't say TKL will DEFINITELY run. He might still change his mind. What I'm saying here is that he had some dealings with USD, even if it was short.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Am not sure what u r trying to get at, since it appears u belong to those category of pple who think they know a lot of stuff behind d scenes.

anyway SDP is political party, of course is about elections. what is ur point anyway?

As expected, this will be slow.

OK, have you visisted SDP's website at all? Go take a look if you haven't. What are the main news stories? Where is their focus?

Now take a look at SDP's last two election results (www.elections.gov.sg) and what they have been doing the past 10 years in terms of civil disobedience, etc.

If electoral politics was the lifeblood of SDP they certainly have been not paying all that much attention to it.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I also didn't say TKL will DEFINITELY run. He might still change his mind.

TKL needs to build bridges to everyone. That's how he appears to play the game at this stage. Whether he will eventually throw down the gauntlet remains to be seen. In any case, 30 years with the PAP has taught him many things.

Royal Canin Feline 32

Alfrescian
Loyal
As expected, this will be slow.

OK, have you visisted SDP's website at all? Go take a look if you haven't. What are the main news stories? Where is their focus?

Now take a look at SDP's last two election results (www.elections.gov.sg) and what they have been doing the past 10 years in terms of civil disobedience, etc.

If electoral politics was the lifeblood of SDP they certainly have been not paying all that much attention to it.

Then i 100% disagree with u.

not only do u seem to be one of those who love to read too much into things, u also seem to feel the need to spin a yarn for attention seeking purposes.

say what u like, sdp is committed to elections and that is there primary drive.

ericgo32

Alfrescian
Loyal
really?????????????????????????????????????????????

their actions seems to be telling me a different story.

unless our election system is free and fair,if not i am staying away from the polls and yes the ideas of SDP appeals to me as an ordinary young singaporean like myself struggling life in singapore.

ericgo32

Alfrescian
Loyal
i hardly post in here, but since i am now i might as well say it all.

Politics is never just about ONLY elections, its more than that, if you guys are matured enough to know what i mean instead of just bashing about what right and what wrong about what each and every oppositions political party agenda.
The oppositions have been playing according to the rules set by the ruling party for far too long and what has it got us into til now? 2 seats in parliament? so? what the f**K? it aint gonna change any policies or laws that the ruling party wanna set even tho the 2 op MP in our parlaiment veto against it.
Example:
Was PAP honest in their policy making during the 2006 general election?? hell no! was GST increase from 5% to 7% pre plan just before the election or did PAP did realize that they gotta increase just after they won the election which also coincide with the increase of their big fat pay check. So what can u guys and myself in this forum see and do about this when it happen 3 yrs back? nothing...except sucking our thumb and complain in here and vow to vote against them.

sure sure....we will vote against them....lets say the op by some chance this time round win a GRC, wow the op will be making history again just like JBJ in 1981, now we got 4 to 6 seats in parliament going the op's way as compare to PAP still holding the majority. is it gonna change anything? i will just let you active guys in here speculate on this matter. goodnight.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for your enlightening thoughts. Until your post, I realised how immature and infantile my political thoughts were. And you are right the rest who post here are also immature.

Until you revealed it in your post below, I had no idea that we were "playing according to the rules set by the ruling party for far too long"

Damn, all the time I thought we were playing by the Queensbury rules. Its a good lesson for our immature behaviour.

Next time I will try and get free trips to NGO sponsored events. I understand that PAP don't set the rules but some Ang Mo.

i hardly post in here, but since i am now i might as well say it all.

Politics is never just about ONLY elections, its more than that, if you guys are matured enough to know what i mean instead of just bashing about what right and what wrong about what each and every oppositions political party agenda.
The oppositions have been playing according to the rules set by the ruling party for far too long and what has it got us into til now? 2 seats in parliament? so? what the f**K? it aint gonna change any policies or laws that the ruling party wanna set even tho the 2 op MP in our parlaiment veto against it.
Example:
Was PAP honest in their policy making during the 2006 general election?? hell no! was GST increase from 5% to 7% pre plan just before the election or did PAP did realize that they gotta increase just after they won the election which also coincide with the increase of their big fat pay check. So what can u guys and myself in this forum see and do about this when it happen 3 yrs back? nothing...except sucking our thumb and complain in here and vow to vote against them.

sure sure....we will vote against them....lets say the op by some chance this time round win a GRC, wow the op will be making history again just like JBJ in 1981, now we got 4 to 6 seats in parliament going the op's way as compare to PAP still holding the majority. is it gonna change anything? i will just let you active guys in here speculate on this matter. goodnight.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
unless our election system is free and fair,if not i am staying away from the polls and yes the ideas of SDP appeals to me as an ordinary young singaporean like myself struggling life in singapore.

Sir Winston Churchill said, "Never in the field of human conflict, was so much owed by so many to so few."

Hawkeye1819

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

And people like yourself staying away from the polls is suddenly going to make the electoral system fair?

ericgo32

Alfrescian
Loyal
And people like yourself staying away from the polls is suddenly going to make the electoral system fair?

No it doesn't, have u ever not attend to cast a vote for ward. I guess mosy of us here did not unless we r really dead sick or lying on hospital on polling day. Have any of u guys in here receive a notification from election dept for not casting ur vote on polling day? See my past msgs and the kind of questions that election dept asked when u r absent from voting.

Our govt is always so proud of the highest voters turn out in terms of percentages. With that high percent they always tells the world just how much confidence the singaporeans have in our election system.

Once again back to the letter that my family got actually it was my dad not me as the last election I did went to vote but my dad didn't so he was given a letter by election to explain his reason why he didn't go. My dad reply the letter witha less obvious reason that is not even highlighted in the letter. He state it very very clearly in the letter that he wish not to participate in future election as he thinks our electioral sys isn't conducted in a free and fair manner. Well... The election dept didn't even sent a reply since than.

Hawkeye1819

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So in other words you admit that staying away from the ballot does nothing to improve the system, but your dad did it anyway and you're proud of him?

I can certainly follow your logic here!

No it doesn't, have u ever not attend to cast a vote for ward. I guess mosy of us here did not unless we r really dead sick or lying on hospital on polling day. Have any of u guys in here receive a notification from election dept for not casting ur vote on polling day? See my past msgs and the kind of questions that election dept asked when u r absent from voting.

Our govt is always so proud of the highest voters turn out in terms of percentages. With that high percent they always tells the world just how much confidence the singaporeans have in our election system.

Once again back to the letter that my family got actually it was my dad not me as the last election I did went to vote but my dad didn't so he was given a letter by election to explain his reason why he didn't go. My dad reply the letter witha less obvious reason that is not even highlighted in the letter. He state it very very clearly in the letter that he wish not to participate in future election as he thinks our electioral sys isn't conducted in a free and fair manner. Well... The election dept didn't even sent a reply since than.

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal
the chief in USD is a troublemaker pantyless who always partyless in SDP

you're one fuckwit that never fail to create trouble in every forum that you visit.

got blanket banned by Delphi Forums and even your own forums you moderate got razed to the ground even fuckwarezone banned you on the very same day he registered as a member.

there'll be much peace when you just fuck off from here!

bratsalive-banned_hwz.jpg

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Then i 100% disagree with u.

not only do u seem to be one of those who love to read too much into things, u also seem to feel the need to spin a yarn for attention seeking purposes.

say what u like, sdp is committed to elections and that is there primary drive.

Well, if you look at USD's lineup of "candidates", you'll not fail to notice two things:

(a) none of them except monica kumar has ever stood for elections before

(b) the rest of them are prominently featured on SDP's website as taking part in overseas events and being members of international human rights organizations

Which suggests strongly that USD is to function as the international arm of SDP. Think of USD as SDP's "foreign wing".

This is a tactical manoeuvrings EVEN IF SDP is NOT wound up due to the bankruptcy thing.

Why do I say it is a tactical plot? Simple. SDP can now perform international networking either on its own, or through the auspices of USD. There is now more flexibility. And there is leverage to be gained here, especially if SDP is under the constant threat of becoming an illegitimate political party due to the lawsuits or if it faces further lawsuits in the future.

Controlling two political entities is always better than controlling one. USD can gain independent membership of key organizations worldwide. You might not see what the big deal is now. But always remember that politicians aim to build legacies. The lifeblood of SDP is its international network and its impact on various human rights groups worldwide.

Those holding key positions in USD now are being groomed by SDP to take over that mantle.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
what kind of calibre do the vital position holders in USeD belong to? how honest are they with themselves FIRST before they are with the voters?