• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why was my son there?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The key problem is that it is a NS defence force. The soldiers are all very young. Even the senior officers who are in charge of the men, the commanders, the safety officers, they could be senior in rank but young in age and have not gone through life sufficiently to make the correct judgment call on some of these situations that soldiers' life could be at stake.

The solution might have to be a better balance between young abled body men and veteran soldiers who are older in age and more experienced in life. Someone straight from school who spent a lot of time in front of the PC playing online games, cannot possibly take a real life situation at its face value.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My time oso one death. fat kid make to run extra in tekong bmt. Heard e only son , so sad. Officer career stayputa few years only. Also experience fucker ah neh nco make us recruit do stupid punishment like touch the tree n they laugh it out when some cant make it. Saddist , not all training got safety officer.

Tuan,

Like that you tak boleh tahan.:confused: You never experience the punishments we had under Cpt Moshe and Lta Dayan, back in those days binya !:o:(

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
....The solution might have to be a better balance between young abled body men and veteran soldiers who are older in age and more experienced in life... .
You have not encountered those old signed-on nuts. They are in their 50s, retiring but still capable of doing the silliest things. All they know is drink beer in mess and eat bbq chicken wings. Many such old COs during my time. In fact, towards the end of my reservist, I met a number of young graduate COs who may be siao-on in training but at least do not risk limbs and lives of the men.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tuan,

Like that you tak boleh tahan.:confused: You never experience the punishments we had under Cpt Moshe and Lta Dayan, back in those days binya !:o:(
I have no problem with punishment if we rightfully derserved but dont treat us like circus monkey as a entertainment clown. Many young officers n ncos just isn't fit to be leader.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about the time a BMT recruit in a firing range shot two of his mates including his corporal. That was in the 80s. Anyone remembered that?

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard many more cases but these are all just digits to LKY and his minions.

That's why the White Scums had instructed their lackeys to sing the same love tune that more cheaperest foreigners the better. In due time, those dead true pink Singaporeans will be replaced to keep Singapore Inc moving

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You have not encountered those old signed-on nuts. They are in their 50s, retiring but still capable of doing the silliest things. All they know is drink beer in mess and eat bbq chicken wings. Many such old COs during my time. In fact, towards the end of my reservist, I met a number of young graduate COs who may be siao-on in training but at least do not risk limbs and lives of the men.

Why do you think I am referring to those old signed-on nuts? Everybody is asking for a reduction in NS. Therefore, there have to be more professional soldiers instead, not 2-year NS soldiers. In comparison these will have a few more years of soldiering experience. Cannot exactly be called old signed-on nuts.

loneshark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do you think I am referring to those old signed-on nuts? Everybody is asking for a reduction in NS. Therefore, there have to be more professional soldiers instead, not 2-year NS soldiers. In comparison these will have a few more years of soldiering experience. Cannot exactly be called old signed-on nuts.

OT but related.

How likely, do you think they will shorten NS?
To what - 18 months, 1 year?
When - sweetener for GE2016 or 2021 or beyond?

What else will be in the bag?

lushbush

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
How about the time a BMT recruit in a firing range shot two of his mates including his corporal. That was in the 80s. Anyone remembered that?

Vaguely , but I remember one where a private shot his PC when they were charging upslope. This officer had previously represented Sinkiepoor in the SEA games in some sport but was noted to be quite a strict guy.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some old days war fares masak need to chg lah . Now kids very good w computer war fare. Must try to use high tech , low physical demand strategy. Best is deploy robot cop or gi joe type. Spend so much money on old training for wat?

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that guy must be kena tekan. ask him to go inside the building and start throwing smoke grenades, then throw liao ching song throw another few. all these always happen during training.

training culture always pass down generation by generation. remember last time only one gas grenade, already rush out of gas chamber and jump into the water really cannot tahan. i think nowadays instructors lack of tekan. they should go through all the tekan themselves once during training like the smoke grenades treatment etc. maybe once a while they have to go through the tekan even they are the trainers. then when they do it, they will know the limit. this is human nature. like the pap never go through hardships but keep telling us to bear with it. KNNBCCB!!! maybe those trainers learn from pap? u die your business? 子曰:己所不欲,勿施于人