• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why was my son there?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Platoon commander Captain Najib Hanuk Muhamad Jalal was there, so was Chief Safety Officer Captain Chia Thye Siong. They were aware of the Training Safety Regulations (TSR). They knew it, they broke it. Dominique's mother had to ask, "Why was my son there?" Mindef made a pathetic attempt to deflect responsibility by saying Domnique had been on field training where smoke grenades were used and "did not display any adverse reactions to the smoke during training". In other words, Dominique was exposed to a similar life threatening situation before. That he survived the earlier attempt on his life is no excuse for Mindef's lip service to safety for our young men.

Worse, Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen, a medical doctor by earlier profession, sounded pretty cavalier about the statistical average of two training deaths a year for the last 10 years. That's two sons, brothers or male relatives. More disturbing, Professor Lim Tow Keang who chaired the Committee of Inquiry said: "We're quite sure asthma is not the cause of death." In other words, the inhalation of zinc chloride fumes from six smoke grenades could have killed any other healthy son, brother or male relative. If you believe the Prof, there is no way to check possible allergy to zinc chloride, and the smoke alone could have caused the asphyxiation.

- http://singaporedesk.blogspot.sg/2012/11/why-was-my-son-there.html

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in other words he wanted to shrug his shoulders n say jus too bad let's move on

Too Bad her son is not born to to a father, who is a "kar chng" to the person who doesn't eat mee siam with hum, or he will be doing National Service in a research lab for 24 years..the only smoke he smell will be the ones they exhale under the tree 5m from the office, if he ever step out.. ha ha ha, too bad lady..your son is a a lesser mortal..too bad..so sad!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Platoon commander Captain Najib Hanuk Muhamad Jalal was there, so was Chief Safety Officer Captain Chia Thye Siong. They were aware of the Training Safety Regulations (TSR). They knew it, they broke it. Dominique's mother had to ask, "Why was my son there?" Mindef made a pathetic attempt to deflect responsibility by saying Domnique had been on field training where smoke grenades were used and "did not display any adverse reactions to the smoke during training". In other words, Dominique was exposed to a similar life threatening situation before. That he survived the earlier attempt on his life is no excuse for Mindef's lip service to safety for our young men.

Worse, Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen, a medical doctor by earlier profession, sounded pretty cavalier about the statistical average of two training deaths a year for the last 10 years. That's two sons, brothers or male relatives. More disturbing, Professor Lim Tow Keang who chaired the Committee of Inquiry said: "We're quite sure asthma is not the cause of death." In other words, the inhalation of zinc chloride fumes from six smoke grenades could have killed any other healthy son, brother or male relative. If you believe the Prof, there is no way to check possible allergy to zinc chloride, and the smoke alone could have caused the asphyxiation.

- http://singaporedesk.blogspot.sg/2012/11/why-was-my-son-there.html

How about all those cases in the past where there were major screw-ups resulting in lives lost and handicapped??? These 2 cases are only the tip of the ice-berg. Any NSFs can give u real accounts of past cases that were dropped and 'moved on'!!

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How about all those cases in the past where there were major screw-ups resulting in lives lost and handicapped??? These 2 cases are only the tip of the ice-berg. Any NSFs can give u real accounts of past cases that were dropped and 'moved on'!!

During my time in NS, I've witness 1 death during an exercise in Thailand. M113 vehicle overturned and the head got chopped off. The poor guy was only weeks away from his ROD.

In BMT, saw helicopter evacuate one recruit to hospital due to faulty grenade which blew his hand off. My batch finished our live grenade exercise just a day before. Lucky our batch no faulty grenade.

During OCS, heard our previous batch got one cadet died from bullet wound when he garang ran ahead of the troops during a FIFO live firing exercise.

Heard many more cases but these are all just digits to LKY and his minions.

Last edited:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
During OCS, heard our previous batch got one cadet died from bullet wound when he garang ran ahead of the troops during a FIFO live firing exercise.

Right brother. Like I said before in another thread, never ever run in front of a sinkie holding a gun/rifle

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That should be 46SAR circa end 89....ROD exercise....I was on the scene....deceased was vehicle commander the M113 fell off a slope during BO convoy.....head never got cut off la.....but excercise cut after that.

The OCT chap who shot his buddy was cleared went out of course and serve as SBMT instructor....it was unfortunate accident....

During my time in NS, I've witness 1 death during an exercise in Thailand. M113 vehicle overturned and the head got chopped off. The poor guy was only weeks away from his ROD.

In BMT, saw helicopter evacuate one recruit to hospital due to faulty grenade which blew his hand off. My batch finished our live grenade exercise just a day before. Lucky our batch no faulty grenade.

Heard many more cases but these are all just digits to LKY and his minions.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's really bizarre why we don't hear of any fatal accidents happening to sons of pee-a-pee scums at all.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Abolish National Service for good :biggrin:
Engage Blackwater's services :p
Gahmen can easily afford that type of money and it's a good way to carry the Yank's balls :biggrin:

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about the case where a soldier got buried alived in a field fort excercise nong nong time ago. What redress can the parents of the fallen son get from MINDEF over the stupidity of instructors and officers who suppose to ensure their charges safety. Remember those days our lives were worth only 5K and most incidence were declared as official secrets or classified and usually not reported on mainstream media.

Sadly any death is just a statistic to the SAF as it means nothing to them; the PR machine will only try to pacific the public. Many innocence deaths and accidents were resulted by neglience of safety in the SAF; this culture never seem to change . Usually these instructors or officers are afflicted by a incurable disease called stupidity where medical science has no solutions to heal it.

goondusamy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mindef made a pathetic attempt to deflect responsibility by saying Domnique had been on field training where smoke grenades were used and "did not display any adverse reactions to the smoke during training".

This is really bullshit. How can no adverse reaction? If kana the smoke will cough until buay tahan liow.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That should be 46SAR circa end 89....ROD exercise....I was on the scene....deceased was vehicle commander the M113 fell off a slope during BO convoy.....head never got cut off la.....but excercise cut after that.

So, you were there too? Care to tell what happened? I was there late and was told by guys there that his neck got chopped. I heard the PC called for help thru the com and initially everyone thought it was an exercise fake casualty called by the umpire. Exercise was cut temporary for a day. CO insisted on finishing the exercise the next day or so.

Last edited:

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
My time oso one death. fat kid make to run extra in tekong bmt. Heard e only son , so sad. Officer career stayputa few years only. Also experience fucker ah neh nco make us recruit do stupid punishment like touch the tree n they laugh it out when some cant make it. Saddist , not all training got safety officer.