• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why utilitites bill went up so high in June despite the U-save rebate

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just received my utilitites bill for this month and got a rude shock.
Bill increase went up by 100++ compared to previous months!
Even when the U-save rebate is factored in, by right it should decrease,
but instead it went up by so much.
Can anyone can tell me why? or your are in the same boat?
Why to do? What can we do about this?

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal

Many years ago, before gas was used to power our utilities, our beloved current PM, the Gelek Queen of South East Asia, promised Singaporeans that the PAPzis were in the process of acquiring gas from Indonesia at a cost that was to be cheaper than oil. This promise was made on live television by the Gelek Queen of South East Asia. His body language then was questionable.

Lo and behold, the producers of this gas had been assured that their investment in the hardware would ensure them huge profits by equating the price of cheap gas to that of expensive oil. The Gelek Queen of South East Asia must have known this. Actually, the Gelek Queen of South East Asia with his father's contacts in Indonesia then, should have known that owning part of the gas infrastructure would have been good for Singapore. Ensuring that the prices of gas wre in line with its abundance would also have been good for Singapore.

But the Gelek Queen of South East Asia will always gelek his way across the finishing line, embarrassing himself, his family and the entire country.

Some lies cannot be hidden and this of course includes the Gelek Queen of South East Asia and the bullshit practice in gas pricing. There is also the huge sellout of our power companies. The selling out of the power companies and other large national assets will help to being down the PAPzis in the next erection.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Linking the price of LNG (and thus our electricity) to the price of petroleum is a scam. Petroleum prices have been very high for some time but the spot prices of LNG are at an all time low. The PAPzis are milking our money for their vainglory.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That is why they are so happy to offer you GIRO?. Most likely it is an estimate, you will notice when, Hari Raya, Deepavali, Lunar New Year, Christmas, the estimate bill is very high & they will tell you they refund you the over estimate, when they actually read your meter, three months later. The money they take goes into their pocket via your GIRO, the excess money won't be funded to your bank account, but your utilities bill which may spread over three months & then estimate kicks in again.

Cancel the GIRO. You are at their mercy!!

valiant20

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Linking the price of LNG (and thus our electricity) to the price of petroleum is a scam. Petroleum prices have been very high for some time but the spot prices of LNG are at an all time low. The PAPzis are milking our money for their vainglory.

Agree with this statement, still have to factor in petrol used to transPort the gas etc.. But still..

Make you wonder though, how come no MPs raised this issue?

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal

The utilities bill charges increase are long-term and permanent (once they go up they will never come down ,same for transport charges).
The rebates are short-term and one-off (one-time) refunds/offsets.
If u are one of the coward and self-centred 60% who voted for the PAP,give yourself a pat on your shoulder,Well Done !

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
coolguy said:

Same here. I notice a huge jump in water consumption and there seems to be no good reason for this jump. Is there a bug in their software?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Same here. I notice a huge jump in water consumption and there seems to be no good reason for this jump. Is there a bug in their software?

bro,

the bill goes for a metered reading for 1st month, an estimated reading for the next, before they go for another metered reading on the 3rd and so on.

my water consumption in the household is on average of about 6.5cuM/month, haven't detected any jump in the figures.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zhihau said:
bro,

the bill goes for a metered reading for 1st month, an estimated reading for the next, before they go for another metered reading on the 3rd and so on.

my water consumption in the household is on average of about 6.5cuM/month, haven't detected any jump in the figures.

I know the estimation part but it was not an estimation. The water consumption jumped about 50% from normal. No noticeable change on consumption pattern.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
The whole thing is a scam. I believe up to the 90s everything month's bill can be automatically obtained by simply reading the meter. How is it that with technological advances the power companies have taken steps backwards in what is the most important hing to their bottomline? Would you are a business owner allow sending out invoices based on guessing how much your customers have consumed? There is no business logic nor technological reason for estimating the monthly utility bills.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's the "give you drumstick, take the whole chicken" thing all over again

PAP supporter: "Wah! PAP giving drumstick leh. So good. Don't know why those opposition people always complain complain complain."

WP supporter: "Although PAP should give more than just drumsticks, at least we have something to eat, unlike those bankrupt Europeans and Americans. Let's not oppose for opposing's sake, shall we?"

ThePlen

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP supporter: "Wah! PAP giving drumstick leh. So good. Don't know why those opposition people always complain complain complain."

WP supporter: "Although PAP should give more than just drumsticks, at least we have something to eat, unlike those bankrupt Europeans and Americans. Let's not oppose for opposing's sake, shall we?"

after all, we can still make soup with chicken bones!