• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why should I buy at Don Don Donki ?

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was my first time at Don Don Donki. It seems that the products are genuinely from Japan, not like the Japan Shop.

For those who have been patronizing Don Don, what are the items that are worth getting ?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It was my first time at Don Don Donki. It seems that the products are genuinely from Japan, not like the Japan Shop.

For those who have been patronizing Don Don, what are the items that are worth getting ?

Mostly imported Jap snacks and beverages. If you cook, you can buy the ingredients there too.

It's just a more atas version of Daiso.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FYI, Donki ('Don Quixote') is the notorious chain store in Japan where the low SES and ah beng hooligans shop and hang out. :biggrin:

21404786568_77bc4bd2a7_k-1.jpeg

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most of Don Don Donki's products are indeed from Japan, but do take note that they are generally considered at the lower end of the price and quality spectrum in Japan, so you need to be realistic with your expectations as well.

The food items are worth it as they are only 30% - 50% more expensive than Malaysia/Thailand made ones but better quality. Sashimi/Sushi around same price and quality as NTUC or Cold Storage. I wouldn't bother with any of those other household items, they all cost easily at least 3x - 4x the normal Made in China ones and around the same quality.