• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

Why Rental Discrimination is Still Common in Singapore

It has the gahmen stamp of approval.....

What is the HDB Ethnic Integration Policy?​

The HDB Ethnic Integration Policy (EIP), unofficially known as the ethnic quota, was introduced in 1989 to promote racial harmony in multicultural Singapore by ensuring there was a proportionate number across different races in HDB neighbourhoods.

The EIP limits the total percentage of a block or neighbourhood that may be occupied by a certain ethnicity. It applies to when you’re buying or selling new and resale HDB flats.

Loofydralb

The HDB Ethnic Integration Policy (EIP), unofficially known as the ethnic quota, was introduced in 1989 to promote racial harmony in multicultural Singapore by ensuring there was a proportionate number across different races in HDB neighbourhoods.

The EIP limits the total percentage of a block or neighbourhood that may be occupied by a certain ethnicity. It applies to when you’re buying or selling new and resale HDB flats.
So you're saying that govt policies are racist, or at least, along racial lines and so the rest of the population behaves along the same lines too?

No our gahmen is never racist....they even reserve a job for a m&d/indian a cho bolan President job

Police: Heng Swee Keat's comment that S'pore not ready for non-Chinese PM disclose 'no offence'​

1637108963592.png

In response to media queries, the police confirmed in a statement on July 7 that reports were lodged against Deputy Prime Minister Heng Swee Keat, but the reports did not disclose any offence.

The reports were lodged in relation to his comments on whether Singaporeans were ready for a non-Chinese Prime Minister.

Heng's comments were that a segment of the population was happy to have an individual from a minority race as Singapore’s Prime Minister, but the older generation was not ready, according to a report by Today.

No our gahmen is never racist....they even reserve a job for a m&d/indian a cho bolan President job

Police: Heng Swee Keat's comment that S'pore not ready for non-Chinese PM disclose 'no offence'​

View attachment 127160

In response to media queries, the police confirmed in a statement on July 7 that reports were lodged against Deputy Prime Minister Heng Swee Keat, but the reports did not disclose any offence.

The reports were lodged in relation to his comments on whether Singaporeans were ready for a non-Chinese Prime Minister.

Heng's comments were that a segment of the population was happy to have an individual from a minority race as Singapore’s Prime Minister, but the older generation was not ready, according to a report by Today.

The poodles are PAP's 党警, therefore no offence at all. Let's move on. :wink:

LordElrond

You all don't CB okay :FU:
I’ve always told the agent, I don’t set a race profile but I need to assess their behaviour. As it turned out recently, 1 prospect who was Indian put in an offer, only to start asking for this and that… requesting removal of certain clauses in tenancy agreement, etc. Obviously I won’t go into this kind of fish market bargaining.

I told them no changes, they accepted and no problems after msny years.

Majulah

nay nay , nay ..the sole intention is to prevent a particular race from becoming an overwhelming majority in a hdb estate , thereby averting
the serious problem of sinkaporeans casting their vote based on race or religion . we all know some religions have a very persuasive and
captivating power
over the believers.

nay nay , nay ..the sole intention is to prevent a particular race from becoming an overwhelming majority in a hdb estate , thereby averting
the serious problem of sinkaporeans casting their vote based on race or religion . we all know some religions have a very persuasive and
captivating power
over the believers.
A very good policy indeed...I would not want to stay next to m&ds and ah nehs

searcher1

If the Chinese in Malaysia (being minority) faces the same situation, they suck it up & move on, create their own cluster, own business environment. They dont kpkb why people look down on them, unfair .... etc. I am sure if the situation is reverse in SG, for the Chinese being the minority, it would turn out practically the same result.

Why dont all these so-call being unfair treated minority come together, group-rent the entire condominium project & live life happily ever-after. Ohh ...possibly even their own kind reject their own when it comes to rental property ?

They do. A lot of our CECA brahmins stay in condos along Tanjong Rhu.

LordElrond

If the Chinese in Malaysia (being minority) faces the same situation, they suck it up & move on, create their own cluster, own business environment. They dont kpkb why people look down on them, unfair .... etc. I am sure if the situation is reverse in SG, for the Chinese being the minority, it would turn out practically the same result.

I think you might be right about “rejecting their own kind”. The unfortunate fact today is, 9 out of 10 condo rental enquiries come from Indians. To be fair, some of them are conscious about their own behaviours leading to negative perception, and do make a point to improve their image.