• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why PAP lost Punggol East by 3000 votes? My Analysis

alantan27

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP recent lost in the just concluded PE BE was a surprise to me. The margin of victory of even more shocking. In fact, I predict PAP will win by a few hundreds vote at first. PAP is likely to be in big trouble if voters vote this way in 2016.

Why PAP lost by such a big margin. Below is my analysis.

1) By Election Effect. I dont go into detail of it as it has been explained in many articles.

2) Local issue at Punggol East like the delay work at Rivervale Plaza and poor public transport system at PE.

3) The Aim saga

4) The Michael Palmer issue.

5) Koh Poh Koon was too corny too label himself as 'Son of Punggol'. Firstly, who care that you live in Punggol before. Secondly, the boundary of Punggol East was just adjacent to Upper Serangoon Road, just next to Adjunied GRC. It was not even inside Punggol. Sengkang to be exact. I am puzzle why are you saying you are ' Son of Punggol ' when you are in Sengkang.

6) My 6th reasons is a very special one. I believed no one has mentioned it before. And I believed this may be the biggest reason which contribute to why PAP lost by 3000. The 6th reason why I think PAP lost by 3000 is "PAP TRY TO CHANGE AFTER GE 2011'. Many people have said that PAP respected people more after GE 2011. They make A FEW change after GE 2011. example
1) Sacked Mah Bow Tan,Wong Kang Seng,Uncle Raymond, LKY and GCT
2) Review the salary of cabinet
3)set up national conversation
4) Government has been more careful in policy making after GE 2011

Although what government has done is not enough. Voters feel that 'Government has change ' since they voted 6 MPs in. This make LTK has a chance to say that the government has change since 2011. It make people feel that government will 'CHANGE MORE' if they continue to vote more opposition in, so vote in more opposition. I think this is a mistake PAP make in which they may not have noticed it. You may not agree with me on this but I belive this reason is a big contributing reason for their big defeat.

Last edited:

Tualan

Alfrescian
Loyal
They have changed after GE2011, indeed ;
COE hit almost 100K,
Property prices hit record high
Population going to be increased to 6.9M
More crowded everywhere, in busses , trains ,malls ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

alantan27

Alfrescian
Loyal
They have changed after GE2011, indeed ;
COE hit almost 100K,
Property prices hit record high
Population going to be increased to 6.9M
More crowded everywhere, in busses , trains ,malls ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

they may not have change a lot or pretend to change
but a lot of voters have indeed think they have change

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
The MIW have always been respected, trusted to some extent, but never liked. Look at their rally turnouts. Their "trust" score has now taken a beating. You heard George Yeo. Now, give the people an alternative which is respected, liked, and trusted, and the Punggol BE outcome is what you get. The MIW have two challenges now - become better liked and to recover the trust. Not easy. Hardball tactics will only make matters worse. Try to sell tough policies from that position. If I am not mistaken LKY will be wheeled out soon for damage control. How the ground has changed.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lky brand of hard line, I tell u so, top down politics won't work no more.... I tell u one more reason y pap lost...teo c.h his record now stands two out of two election lost. His face makes me sleepy, his -what do u think, makes me angry...he shld not run elections no more...

Last edited: