• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why PAP candidate Steve Tan last min tio sack?

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
YOUNG NTUC executive secretary Steve Tan, has dropped out of the race. The 37-year-old, who was expected to be fielded in Tampines GRC to take over from outgoing MP Ong Kian Min, said on Wednesday: 'It's a personal decision, and a hard one.'

The Nanyang Technological University business graduate joined NTUC in a marketing position in 2001. When introduced as a candidate last month, he had said that he sees being an 'ordinary guy' as a strength.

'When I'm doing my union work, this is one aspect I love: I hang out at the same places and do the same things as my workers... we eat roti prata at Jalan Kayu together,' he said. 'It will make it easier for me to relate to voters.'

He had also said he will be able to connect most with Mandarin- and dialect-speaking residents due to his 'bilingual and bicultural background'. He has been involved in xinyao, Singapore's Chinese folk-pop music scene, since his secondary school days.