• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why opposition got little chance of success again...

seebaysong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is why :

1. Take a look at facebook. WP - 2000+, NSP - 300+, SDP - 3500+, PAP - 11k+ nia... So much for new media and things going viral..

2. Can we suppose this forum only has 20k unqiue views of whom only 1-2k are regulars ? 1-2k supporters cannot possibly win even a small satay stall leh...

3. Who controls the traditional media still got the best reach. Chinese dramas can hit 800k-1mil viewers per episode.

4. It's always a numbers game...

* To win, opposition really needs to get some powerful messages to go viral, e.g. Sylvia Lim's ministers' pay speech...
* To win, this forum needs to get 1 million hits from locals
* To win, Ms Tin's antics needs to be known to the masses, not just a few "ma lat lao" in this forum

Just my 2cts worth...

(Opposition cld consider selecting replies from issues in this forum + other forums and translate and circulate in hardcopy... New media only accessed by few, most still rely on traditional media and word of mouth media)

Last edited:

seebaysong

Alfrescian
Loyal
$$$ talks... lots of $$$.... Oppositions' best chance is new media which is turning out to be a dud ...
I think Opposition should focus their energies/resources on a few selected areas and keep doing what the westerners will do in election campaigns, i.e. lots of targeted campaigns to get the messages through...