• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Muslims dont use left hand to eat?

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i think many people in this world use their hands to eat, especially when it come to seafood.
Some food like curry lamb/chicken, fried chicken is delicious when eaten with hand when food is placed on a banana leaf.
africans also use their hands and normally its the right hand or both.

the trick is the clean the hand thoroughly before eating.

Good post , it depends on what food . Eating Burger is another good example .

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Bro.

Not all religions are being brain-washed.

Please check Buddhist teaching... where people are never forced to become the followers.
Buddha asked people not to believe blindly, but to question and understand.
Whoever not followed Buddhism are not blamed for not following it.
In fact, Buddhist followers have too much freedom... they are not forced to worship routinely, not forced to donate certain amount of income, not forced to read Buddhist teachings, etc.

Pardon me to describe just from my little knowledge....

In fact all religious are are being brain washed .

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard that one of their ancestor choked to death while eating with left hand, thats why they don't eat with left hand anymore.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Bro.

Please check Buddhist teaching... where people are never forced to become the followers.
In fact, Buddhist followers have too much freedom... they are not forced to worship routinely, not forced to donate certain amount of income, not forced to read Buddhist teachings, etc.

now you make me realised being buddhist got so much freedom.

anyway buddhist say: no need to go north south west east to worship god.your parents are the biggest god.simple as that

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi

Many people may confuse between Buddhism and Taoist.
Taoist is more like traditional... worshiping Gods, making people to follow ritual.

Buddhism does not have God (creator), but enlighten ones who escaped suffering and life circle.
Buddhism does not teach followers to worship, but to practise (insight meditation).
There is no punishment (or curse) for not doing so and so.

Everyone has his/her own destiny (not giving or set out by Gods).
Thus, the freedom is with the followers - to make effort which way they want to walk... and answer themselves for their actions (karma).
Buddha said no one can save you, but you are to save yourself through doing good deeds.

now you make me realised being buddhist got so much freedom.

anyway buddhist say: no need to go north south west east to worship god.your parents are the biggest god.simple as that

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi

Many people may confuse between Buddhism and Taoist.
Taoist is more like traditional... worshiping Gods, making people to follow ritual.

Buddhism does not have God (creator), but enlighten ones who escaped suffering and life circle.
Buddhism does not teach followers to worship, but to practise (insight meditation).
There is no punishment (or curse) for not doing so and so.

Everyone has his/her own destiny (not giving or set out by Gods).
Thus, the freedom is with the followers - to make effort which way they want to walk... and answer themselves for their actions (karma).
Buddha said no one can save you, but you are to save yourself through doing good deeds.

buddha said:

""Do not accept anything on (mere) hearsay -- (i.e., thinking that thus have we heard it for a long time). Do not accept anything by mere tradition -- (i.e., thinking that it has thus been handed down through many generations). Do not accept anything on account of mere rumors -- (i.e., by believing what others say without any investigation). Do not accept anything just because it accords with your scriptures. Do not accept anything by mere suppositions. Do not accept anything by mere inference. Do not accept anything by merely considering the reasons. Do not accept anything merely because it agrees with your pre-conceived notions. Do not accept anything merely because it seems acceptable -- (i.e., thinking that as the speaker seems to be a good person his words should be accepted). Do not accept anything thinking that the ascetic is respected by us (therefore it is right to accept his word)."

http://www.buddhanet.net/nutshell03.htm

That means do not read or belief anything that is said in SBF...

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha ha... very true.
SBF talkcock... ...

buddha said:

""Do not accept anything on (mere) hearsay -- (i.e., thinking that thus have we heard it for a long time). Do not accept anything by mere tradition -- (i.e., thinking that it has thus been handed down through many generations). Do not accept anything on account of mere rumors -- (i.e., by believing what others say without any investigation). Do not accept anything just because it accords with your scriptures. Do not accept anything by mere suppositions. Do not accept anything by mere inference. Do not accept anything by merely considering the reasons. Do not accept anything merely because it agrees with your pre-conceived notions. Do not accept anything merely because it seems acceptable -- (i.e., thinking that as the speaker seems to be a good person his words should be accepted). Do not accept anything thinking that the ascetic is respected by us (therefore it is right to accept his word)."

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dear Bro.

That's why I seldom whack buddist here but if they trying to talk rubbish its time that I will step in and debunk their faith . Buddisum still have many loops hole just like other religions .when those devotes start talking nonsense then I will come in .

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

buddha said:

That's why I don't believe in recarnation and karma .

YanDao

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I only have one thing to say: Infidelphobia, Atheophobia, Humanistphobia: is prejudice against, or hatred or irrational fear of, Non Believers