• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

why most chinese dont like chinese names

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nope. Some things one remembers, some things one doesn't. The human mind automatically filters out some things. I don`t keep track of my old IC number, but it remains etched in my mind somehow.

Cheers!

Don't you find it ironic that you say you don't keep track of anything in the forum but brought up something that occured so long ago in the delphi days no less. You know how long ago that was? How come you can remember that poll if you mention that you don't keep track of anything? In fact what does that have anything to do with this thread at all?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nope. Some things one remembers, some things one doesn't. The human mind automatically filters out some things. I don`t keep track of my old IC number, but it remains etched in my mind somehow.

Cheers!

Yup! I do remember some of the event during my school or childhood days. But i cant really remember vividly events which occurred, let say, 15 yrs back...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
see! you even keep track of your primary school days :biggrin::biggrin:

I am still in touch with some of my classmates. It's getting pretty lonely here in Spore because many have given up their red passport. However they have gotten their CPF out and can you believe it, many of them are actually happy:eek:

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know. I can't imagine reading out a person's name (a usual habit of mine) when receiving his business name card when his name spells Lau Chee Hong. Would rather just call him Joe or Don.

Cheers!

I wonder how Lui Fuck Yew managed to have gotten thus far in life (and through Anglo-Chinese School, for that matter).

His skin must have been as thick as rhino hide.

Respect!

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
they mixed me up with another baby at birth. by the time they realized their mistake, traced and returned me to my biological mother my Indian mum already named me Arumugam :(

I don't have angmo name, my real name is Arumugam Quek :o

I knew a Takeshi Chong. As well as a Hideki Wong.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cheers!

so why did you remember that poll? Of course one remembers things like ic number la. WTF.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
This thread title is just wrong. A name like Lee Kuan Yew is not a Chinese name. It is a Chinese name translated into the English Language (translation by how it sounds only), hence it should be an English name.

A Chinese name would be 李光耀.

Last edited:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wonder how Lui Fuck Yew managed to have gotten thus far in life (and through Anglo-Chinese School, for that matter). His skin must have been as thick as rhino hide.
Respect!

you referring to his name or his wanker's face? agree that he's gotten thus far, with both - respect!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Honestly, I haven't the slightest idea. I remember seeing my organic chemistry teacher and telling him I have a problem memorising the names of all those functionial groups. His reply, "What do you think the learning process is all about? How do you remember the way home?"

Cheers!

so why did you remember that poll? Of course one remembers things like ic number la. WTF.