• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why LKY has to go (and quickly too)

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
I decided to spend some time to think about LKY's comments made in the US and the possible fallout.

My god, LKY has really lost his head this time, maybe due to too much flattery. He still thinks he is living in the 60s or 70s (Cold war era). In this day and age, to openly state that China is a threat when you are neither the size of Australia nor equally blessed with natural resources is extremely unwise, and that is putting it mildly. I can certainly understand where he is coming from but it looks like subterfuge is no longer one of his strong points nowadays. Perhaps he really believes that he is still the man to consult for affairs on Asia. I can pretty much tell you that most Asian countries are simply being diplomatic by praising him (not to mention that he holds the key to a nice little trove of investment funds).

Even the US is hesitant to openly antagonise China in such a manner. I think our government investments in China will be facing a hard time in the near future. I have earlier said that I hope China will treat Singapore with the same benevolence as it treats HK and this old man goes and shoots his mouth off. The US at this point, does not possess the capacity to provide a balance to China in Asia (even Australia acknowledges this) but LKY thinks his words will work the necessary magic by playing on Western fears. I do not know what to say except that I have a very bad feeling this is going to backfire on Singapore (the US will not be the knight in shining armour this time).

I can only hope that he has really good reasons for saying what he said. If not, the only solution would be to remove him and the sooner the better to prevent further damage from occurring.

Last edited:

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since Singapore love the word cheap ! We are being infiltrated by agents from everywhere into our system . Waiting to pull the plug .

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's impossible to remove this old bastard.

We can only hope that he passes on asap!

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
I decided to spend some time to think about LKY's comments made in the US and the possible fallout.

My god, LKY has really lost his head this time, maybe due to too much flattery. He still thinks he is living in the 60s or 70s (Cold war era). In this day and age, to openly state that China is a threat when you are neither the size of Australia nor equally blessed with natural resources is extremely unwise, and that is putting it mildly. I can certainly understand where he is coming from but it looks like subterfuge is no longer one of his strong points nowadays. Perhaps he really believes that he is still the man to consult for affairs on Asia. I can pretty much tell you that most Asian countries are simply being diplomatic by praising him (not to mention that he holds the key to a nice little trove of investment funds).

Even the US is hesitant to openly antagonise China in such a manner. I think our government investments in China will be facing a hard time in the near future. I have earlier said that I hope China will treat Singapore with the same benevolence as it treats HK and this old man goes and shoots his mouth off. The US at this point, does not possess the capacity to provide a balance to China in Asia (even Australia acknowledges this) but LKY thinks his words will work the necessary magic by playing on Western fears. I do not know what to say except that I have a very bad feeling this is going to backfire on Singapore (the US will not be the knight in shining armour this time).

I can only hope that he has really good reasons for saying what he said. If not, the only solution would be to remove him and the sooner the better to prevent further damage from occurring.

Well he says every word for a reason. How could you be so sure he's totally wrong?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he made a pact with the oss (now cia) and british intelligence after the war in which kempei-tai agents and collaborators were rounded up, re-educated and recruited for service against commies. without the blessing of allied intelligence after the war, he wouldn't be anybody today. at the bottom of it all, he's still a u.s. lackey (and a jap lapdog).

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well he says every word for a reason. How could you be so sure he's totally wrong?

I did not say he is wrong. I am questioning why did he need to use such straightforward language? Is he afraid the Americans are too dumb to get his hints? Besides, it is not as if he was talking directly to the US president, so why is there a need to publicly state that Singapore wants the US to provide a check to China's growing influence in the region?

If you think he has good reasons for doing so, why not share with us your opinions?

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow. This a new conspiracy theory?
Is Prataman Nathan also in the list?

he made a pact with the oss (now cia) and british intelligence after the war in which kempei-tai agents and collaborators were rounded up, re-educated and recruited for service against commies. without the blessing of allied intelligence after the war, he wouldn't be anybody today. at the bottom of it all, he's still a u.s. lackey (and a jap lapdog).

woofy

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY made his statement with a personal objective; to shock the world and make himself famous again. It's stupid to think that the US govt didn't what's going on and need you to enlighten them

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dun really think he should go, i think it's more important for him to shut his mouth..:smile:

the damage is already done.....guess what is the repercussion...

1. PRC media already ask him to shut up...
2. Got this feeling that PRC colleagues started cold war with me.
3. Next time when you do biz with PRC, you kena..
4. PRC students at church also started cold war with me..

Now you know why Hu wants to give 10 billion loans to Africa?

Because blood is not thicker than water...LOL!!