• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why juicing helps with diabetes, cancer,...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
A reminder please continue to juice. My juicing 15 minutes ago -

Removed from the refrigerator
tgJCu4w.jpg

Soak in water with vege/fruits washing liquid and then give a good rub
BZfLeSS.jpg

Soak in fresh water again and then give another good rub
Nz6Bn05.jpg

After wash ready to be cut
iWAugCH.jpg

When cutting citrus remove only the shiny thin skin while the white part remains, this white part has lots of vitamins
ta1epw9.jpg

After cut ready to juice
Opx67jL.jpg

Assemble machine
a52pC7b.jpg

Fruits/vege ready and machine ready
vAlFYnD.jpg

Yummy and healthy
nFtO9Ma.jpg

Going to do the washing now, all it takes is 45 mins of your time max from the time you bring the fruits and geges out to washing everything, for me its more like 35 mins as I am so used to it, you'll get to enjoy this healthy and meaningful activity.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
What is the difference if you eat the fruits whole or eating the salad fresh without dressings?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
What is the difference if you eat the fruits whole or eating the salad fresh without dressings?

You see the basket of fruits and vegetables? Think no one can eat all those at one time. Also the kailan and beet root and lemon eat raw is quite offensive.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
True, true... raw beetroot can be hard to swallow... lemon still not too bad lah...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
True, true... raw beetroot can be hard to swallow... lemon still not too bad lah...

Trying to do a 5 days juice fast this week meaning I'll have only juices, morning and evening. I try la. Problem is I have too many dinner appointments as you can see in my posts so its very challenging for me really. I try. Did it yesterday.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
People who are diabetic should avoid juicing fruits because of the sugar content.
You can use granny smith apples because they are low in sugar, & other veggies.

No shit. Most ppl with a decent brain knows that juicing is extremely high in sugar content. U die faster if u do a pure juice diet.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No shit. Most ppl with a decent brain knows that juicing is extremely high in sugar content. U die faster if u do a pure juice diet.

Why juice? Just eat whole fresh fruit and vegetables. If you're diabetic, go for fruit lower in sugar content, like star fruit or green apples.

Our cavemen ancestors didn't own any blender or juicer. Besides, if you're using a juicer, you miss out on the fibre, which is important for reducing your cholesterol and the risk of colon cancer.

Last edited:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Juicing is for new age yuppies and bimbos who think holding a colorful cup of juice is 'cool'. Same idiots who will order a Frappe after a workout in the gym.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Depends on the veggies you juice. Veggies like kale, celery, ..... , the green stuff are not sweet.
If you only do carrots, red apples, oranges,... you will eventually have problems.

I've never had a problem because I mainly juice green veggies & only include apples to add some sweetness. I normally use kale, celery, beetroot & Apple.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why juice? Just eat whole fresh fruit and vegetables. If you're diabetic, go for fruit lower in sugar content, like star fruit or green apples.

Our cavemen ancestors didn't own any blender or juicer. Besides, if you're using a juicer, you miss out on the fibre, which is important for reducing your cholesterol and the risk of colon cancer.

If you have health problems or trying to lose weight juicing is a good option because the body can process the nutrients from the juices more easily.

I have both a juicer & blender and I use it for different purposes. I use the blender to make almond milk, smoothies, ... etc. I use the juicer to extract the Essence of green veggies. Can you imagine eating all that yucky kale? It. Is easier to consume kale as a juice :smile:

If I have blueberries, strawberries, bananas, and ice, I use the blender because I think they are better as smoothies.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
glad to report that after going through cardiorisk scan results with doc, the risk of atherosclerosis is reduced along the main artery. doc says the risk of plaque buildup in arteries is more important to address than try to bring chloresterol level down to normal as i have a family history of high (undesirable) cholesterol and statins can only do so much to lower the level but cannot directly reduce the intima-media thickness (imt) around the arteries. the test conducted is an imt scan using ultrasound around the neck area. after reading today's results doc jumps with excitement and says i'm his best patient (or test subject) so far, asking me to allow him to post my results (with anonymity) for all his patients to see and if it goes viral among his patients for other docs to forward the outcum. he says finally my results vindicated his hypothesis: that atherosclerosis can not only be mitigated but also be reversed with proper diets and regular exercise.

my regimen that reverses the uptrend of the imt for the last 6.9 years even though my cholesterol is relatively high and occasional statins are taken: 69% no-meat to 96% no-meat (fish is meat and occasional ribeye steak and bacon), 96% no sugar nor sweetener (kopi c siew tai to kosong), 69% vege, less fruit (as fruit contains sugar), more quinoa, lentils, legumes, seeds, nuts, brown, black, and red lice, at least 69km of cycling a day, 6.9km of walking the dog twice everyday, 6.9 fucks a week, and 69% of food portions compared to 6.9 years ago. no more juicing. just chew and crunch on fruit. takes more time but worth the jaw exercise. eat slowly and chew thoroughly.

results: my imt went from 0.69mm 6.9 years ago to 0.85mm in 2016 (really bad trend), and after the above regimen for 1 year, the imt measurement is now down to 0.73mm. first time and first patient my doc indicated had a spiking uptrend over 6 years followed by a sharp decline in just 0.9 years. most important to note is the plaque buildup can be reversed.

in conclusion, juicing helps but does not directly address your cholesterol level and most importantly your imt or risk of atherosclerosis which will shrink your lobang and squeeze the life out of your arteries. start dieting and exercising now. and this message is for froggy specifically.

imagery

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Veg juicing is okay but fruit juicing can make you fat if you are not careful and do it like there is no tomorrow.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Apparently, this now increases your risk of diabetes too! What's the racial makeup of those stuffing their faces with meat at the BBQ pits on weekends and public holidays?

4964576-Summer-Barbecue-BBQ-grill-party-with-selection-of-meat-Stock-Photo.jpg

SINGAPORE — A higher intake of red meat and poultry is associated with a higher risk of diabetes among Chinese Singaporeans, a study by Duke-NUS Medical School has confirmed.

Measuring the link between diabetes risk and red meat in a Southeast Asian context for the first time, the Singapore Chinese Health study looked at the different types of red meat consumed, the different styles of cooking used, as well as the different risk profiles of Singaporean consumers.

In the study — published on Aug 22 in the American Journal of Epidemiology — researchers discovered that consumers with a higher intake of red meat had a 23 per cent increase in risk of diabetes compared to those with a lower intake, while those who consumed more poultry had a 15 per cent increase in risk of diabetes.

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/spore-study-confirms-red-meat-and-diabetes-link

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apparently, this now increases your risk of diabetes too! What's the racial makeup of those stuffing their faces with meat at the BBQ pits on weekends and public holidays?

4964576-Summer-Barbecue-BBQ-grill-party-with-selection-of-meat-Stock-Photo.jpg

Eating too much barbecued red meat is not healthy. One is probably going to face health problems like cancer, blocked arteries, diabetes, ....

Using high heat to cook foods can change foods to something carcinogenic. You also have potential health problems from the materials used to cook e.g. using aluminum cookware is unhealthy

Juicing might not be a miracle cure for all illnesses but if you juice organic fruits & veggies, you will be retaining the full health benefits because you are not using heat which destroys the nutrients from the veggies & fruits.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was visiting iHerb & came across the following article.

7 Common Misconceptions About Juicing

Juicing has been around since countertop appliances became popular in the 1950s and ’60s. Today, raw juice bars are everywhere, and lots of people own juicers to make their own fresh and healthy drinks at home.

Consuming raw juice has many benefits. It gives us energy, lots of nutritional quality, and increases our intake of health-promoting phytochemicals. Certain juice blends enhance weight loss, help to detoxify the blood and organs, and can boost immunity as well. For now, let’s look at some of the common misconceptions people have about juicing.

1. With juicing, the most important ingredient — the fiber — is thrown away.

Juicing fresh fruits and vegetables does provide some fiber, particularly soluble fiber. It’s the soluble fiber that has been shown to lower cholesterol levels and exert other beneficial effects beyond improved bowel function. Juicing helps the body’s digestive process and allows for quick absorption of high-quality nutrition. It quickly provides the most easily digestible and concentrated nutritional benefits of fruits and vegetables. The result is increased energy levels.

2. You shouldn’t mix fruits and vegetables in juice, as they require different digestive processes.

There’s no scientific evidence to support this contention. Nonetheless, some people do seem to have difficulty with combined fruits and vegetables, complaining of gassy discomfort. If you’re one of these people, avoid mixing fruits and vegetables. Exceptions to this rule appear to be carrots and apples, as these foods seem to be able to mix with either a fruit or a vegetable. Let your body and taste buds be your guide.

3. Beta-carotene supplements are better for you than carotene-rich juices.

Juicing provides greater benefit than either beta-carotene supplements or intact carotene-rich foods. This is because juicing ruptures cell membranes, thereby liberating important nutritional compounds, such as carotenes, for easier absorption. Beta-carotene supplementation, while beneficial, only provides one particular type of carotene, whereas juicing a wide variety of carotene-rich foods will provide a broad range of carotenes, many of which have properties more advantageous than beta-carotene.

4. You can’t freeze raw juice.

You can freeze juices, although you’ll lose some of the nutritional benefits and enzymes. But it’s better than letting the juice go to waste. You can add frozen vegetable juice to soups, and you can make delicious homemade popsicles with fruit juice that both kids and grownups love.

5. People with diabetes shouldn’t drink fruit and vegetable juice.

Too much of any simple sugar, including the sugars found in fruit and vegetable juices, can lead to stress of blood sugar control mechanisms, especially if you’re hypoglycemic or diabetic. The advantage of the assortment of natural simple sugars in fruits and vegetables over sucrose (white sugar) and other refined sugars is that they’re balanced by a wide range of nutrients that aid in the utilization of the sugars. Nonetheless, individuals with diabetes should consume no more than eight ounces of juice at any one time, focus on vegetable juices, and drink the juice with a meal to delay the absorption of the sugars.

6. People with recurrent kidney stones should avoid juices because many are high in calcium.

It’s often recommended to people with recurrent calcium oxalate kidney stones that they avoid juices containing spinach, because spinach is rich in both calcium and oxalate. It’s probably not a big sacrifice, even though it may not be that important in preventing stone formation. These people’s diets should definitely include other fresh juices on a regular basis. A beneficial juice for individuals prone to recurrent kidney stones is cranberry juice, which has been shown to reduce the amount of ionized calcium in urine by about 50 percent in patients with kidney stones (high urinary calcium levels greatly increase the risk of developing a kidney stone).

7. You can get all the nutrition that you need through fruit and vegetable juice.

While drinking fresh juice is tremendous in improving nutritional quality, it cannot supply all of the nutrition your body needs on a daily basis. In particular, it is important to get high-quality protein and important healthy fats such as mono-unsaturated oils and omega-3 fatty acids into your diet on a daily basis.

drmurray100.jpg

This article was written by Dr. Michael Murray, one of the world’s leading authorities on natural medicine. For the past thirty-five years, Dr. Murray has been compiling a massive database of original scientific studies from medical literature. He has personally collected over 65,000 articles from the scientific literature, which provide strong evidence on the effectiveness of diet, vitamins, minerals, herbs and other natural measures in the maintenance of health and the treatment of disease. It is from this constantly expanding database that Dr. Murray provides the answers on health and healing on DoctorMurray.com. Visit Dr. Murray's iHerb Page.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Breakfast in bed?

How about a more romantic thing to do - juice in bed. It takes a lot of effort to make a nice juice, you partner in bed will be very touched with this effort I'm sure.

So here's another reason to juice

Washing the fruits and vegetables
GpEdUQM.jpg

Cut them
Awxr84c.jpg

fe4XufB.jpg

Juice them
E9rwtye.jpg

How romantic this can be
nh84BVj.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hey it’s Sunday go do some juicing

Commissioned my new juicer today it’s fantastic easy to use and wash, less cutting