• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why juicing helps with diabetes, cancer,...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
great to go back to our farming (peasant) roots. :p

growing lemon in thailand may be challenging, but can always try. lime is great. i don't have a lime bush, but will grow one this winter. your soursop orchard will produce dividends. i'll create a thread in the emigration folder on fruit tree cultivation (mediterranean climate). for tropical fruit, they will require different treatments and techniques. :wink:

Very good idea

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The common orange carrots are "unnatural", created for political reasons by the country that also produce orange soccer team.
They beat the Socceroos.

carrots_of_many_colors_530.jpg
didnt kno

di
dnt know about carrot colors and this but they are the hardest to blend always has pieces left behind when I blend

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
My juicing for tonight, I like to be alone, do what I like no need to worry about others

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
bro, today i juice purple cabbage.. not bad.

Purple-Cabbage-123349.jpg

The purple cabbage is a variety of the head cabbage that grows close to the ground and has abundant leaves that are removed prior to cooking. European farmers developed the head cabbage in the Middle Ages. Today, growers in California, Texas, Georgia and New York cultivate the vegetable. Raw purple cabbage is often tossed into salads and when cooked, adding lemon juice preserves its purple color.

Fiber
A 1-cup serving of chopped purple cabbage provides 2 grams of fiber, or 8 percent of the 25-gram daily value as recommended by the Food and Drug Administration. Dietary fiber prevents excess cholesterol from entering your bloodstream through the wall of your small intestine; the fiber absorbs the cholesterol and excretes it through the waste elimination process.

Potassium
The potassium content in 1 cup of chopped purple cabbage is 216 milligrams. Potassium keeps your body's fluid level from fluctuating to unhealthy volumes, and the Institute of Medicine recommends consuming 4.700 milligrams a day to maintain healthy blood pressure levels. Potassium also prevents heart muscle stress by supporting the contraction that fuels your heartbeat.

Vitamin C
The vitamin C content in purple cabbage is nutritionally significant. A 1-cup serving provides 51 milligrams, or 85 percent, of the 60-mg daily requirement. Cooking decomposes some of the nutrient. Raw purple cabbage contains a higher level of vitamin C than it does when cooked. Vitamin C is an effective antioxidant. It protects cells from the DNA and compositional destruction that metabolic toxins often cause.

Vitamin A
The vitamin A content in purple cabbage is 20 percent of the 5000 IU required each day, or 993 IU per 1-cup serving. Vitamin A is a nutrient that provides a variety of functions in your body. It produces retina pigments for your eyes, maintains vision health and improves vision at night. It also supports your body's immune response, reducing your risk of microbial infection.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/408505-the-health-benefits-of-purple-cabbage/

I try and put purple cabbage into my juice every single day...but why study it? Why know and understand its nutritional value? Because I believe when we educate ourselves, this knowledge will empower us. It will compel us to get past the taste of a vegetable, if we don't like it - to jump over the hurdle of aversion and do what we need to do to reach for health.

Purple cabbage is a cruciferous vegetable, in other words, it has anti-cancer properties. When I hear, 'anti-cancer', it immediately grabs my attention. Why? Because cancer cells enter our bodies every single day. I have heard people say, "Everything causes cancer!" While that is a bit of an exaggeration, we are certainly bombarded by cancer-causing elements. How do we fight back? Being very conscious of what we put in our mouths is one way to fight back.

With that in mind, I would like to share some of the benefits of purple cabbage:

Cabbage is a cruciferous vegetable, it has anti-cancer properties.
Purple cabbage is a blood builder (Everything red, purple or blue builds the blood)
Cabbage, regardless of color, is excellent for the skin. Dr. Bernard Jensen relates that while in New Zealand, he spoke with the head food buyer for the army. He told Dr. Jensen that cabbage was one of the best foods for a clean, clear complexion, and that the service women insisted upon having cabbage salads for that very reason.
Cabbage is rich in minerals, such as calcium and potassium, choline, iodine, phosphorous, sodium and sulfur. The sulfur in cabbage helps destroy ferments in the blood.
Cabbage is an excellent source of vitamins A, B and C.
Cabbage is an alkalizing food. It helps regulate the pH in our system.
Raw cabbage and raw cabbage juice both relieve and heal any kind of gastrointestinal ulcer. According to research conducted at Stanford University, fresh cabbage juice was shown to both restore the gastrointestinal tract and heal ulcers in only seven days!
Cabbage aids in digestion and elimination Cabbage can dramatically lower bad cholesterol and helps lower blood pressure.
Agricultural scientists found 36 anthocyanins in red cabbage, which may help improve brain function, promote heart health, and provide cancer protection.

http://juicerecipes.com/blog/benefits-purple-cabbage/

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Tony I had been juicing purple cabbage since the beginning of my juicing, it adds a slight tingy taste to the juice (similar to wasabe) I have no idea that its so good like you'd shared above, thanks, but I add it for the colour.

I didn't know this exist until yesterday in the supermarket.

Baby purple cabbage which I bought a tray. Looks kinda strange to me.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Nice one,

I don't have the photos but today i juice

1. purple cabbage ( purple)
2. carrot ( orange)
3. cucumber ( green)
4. Tomatoes ( Orange/red)
5. Apples ( red)
6. bell pepper ( red)

Get as much colours as i can. :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Alamak, too much la

I estimate 1.2L

Cheers, now enjoying it with TV

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hey guys, two friends of mine who saw the changes in me from juicing suggested to me potatoes are also great thing to juice as it has lots of health benefits like -

Anemia: Potatoes are excellent sources of both iron and folate, which are essential for the production of red blood cells. For this reason potatoes can be used as a natural aid in the prevention or treatment of different forms of anemia.
Arthritis: Like rheumatism, arthritis is an inflammatory condition. The high minerals, potassium and organic salt content in potato makes it one of the best anti-inflammatory food. Slice a potato together with the skin and soak in a glass of distilled water. Drink in the morning before meal.

Burns, rashes and other skin irritations: When applied on the skin, raw potatoes (cut into slices or juiced) have anti-irritating, soothing and decongestioning properties. It can be used to treat a wide variety of skin irritations and conditions, including burns, rashes, as well as skin redness, itching and dehydration.

Constipation and hemorrhoids: Boiled or steamed potatoes promote the formation and passage of soft, hydrated stools. So they can be effectively used as a natural remedy to treat constipation, eliminate bowel straining and prevent hemorrhoids.

Gastritis and gastric ulcers: Perhaps the most common use of raw potato juice is to treat gastritis, colitis, gastric and intestinal ulcers, due to its anti-acid and healing properties. In these cases, to get the maximum benefit from potato juice, it is advisable to drink a half glass of it 3 to 4 times a day, for at least one month.

High blood pressure: Potatoes are excellent sources of potassium, which helps lower and stabilize blood pressure.

Joint and other types of pain: The regular consumption of raw potato juice is a valuable remedy in relieving pain associated with arthritis, gout and even headaches.

Rheumatism: The juice extracted from raw potato is an excellent remedy for rheumatism. It is very detoxifying for a toxic condition. Take 2 teaspoons of the juice before meal for best effect.

Tired eyes: Raw potato is really a useful aid for tired eyes. Apply thin slices of raw potato on the eyes at least twice a day, eyes dark circles will miraculously disappear!

Weight loss: It’s a myth that potatoes are fattening. It is the oil in fried potatoes that causes weight gain. Raw potatoes are an excellent alternative for cereals and grains in any weight-loss regimen, due to their lower calorie content.

Friend directed me to this website that I got the above information (posted here for those who don't want to go to the website) http://juicing-for-health.com/basic-nutrition/healing-vegetables/health-benefits-of-potato.html

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Another link - http://omtimes.com/2012/10/12-benefits-of-potato-juice-a-very-healthy-drink/

[h=1][/h][h=1]12 Benefits of Potato Juice – A Very Healthy Drink[/h][h=2]Potato Juice – A Very Healthy Drink[/h]By Dr. Paul Haider

Potatoes grow all over the world and have been found in the diets of people down through time… and potatoes have great healing abilities when made into fresh juice.

12 Benefits of Potato Juice

1. Potato Juice is a wonderful anti-inflammatory agent work well for arthritis and all the other forms of inflammatory disease aches and pains, especially joint pain and back pain. And Potato Juice will increase circulation to every area of the body.

2. Potato Juice is very alkaline and works to alkalize the body in order to prevent diseases such as cardiovascular disease and even cancer.

3. Potato Juice is great for eczema and even acne helping to clear up your skin in no time.

4. Potato Juice can help you lose weight, take one cup of Potato Juice in the morning before breakfast… and in the evening 2 to 3 hours before going to bed. Potato Juice doesn’t taste that great… so make sure to mix it with other juices like carrot juice and add some honey so it tastes great!

5. Potato Juice works wonders for gout… flushing out the uric acid from your body.

6. Potato Juice lowers cholesterol too… and in general improves your over all state of health and well being.

7. Potato Juice also works well as a inexpensive detoxing agent too. Want to flush out your liver and gallbladder then give Potato Juice a try. And Potato Juice has been used in Japan and other places in the world to treat hepatitis with good success.

8. There are studies showing that Potato Juice works well for treating pancreatitis and kidney disease… including high protein values on clinical lab tests. And there’s some evidence that Potato Juice also works well for diabetes and high blood pressure.

9. Potato Juice will prevent the formation of calcium stones in the urinary tract.

10. Potato Juice has also been use for the treatment of tumors and cancer, in fact red and purple potatoes contain high amounts of anthocyanins that stops the growth of cancer cells. And yellow and orange fleshed potatoes contain lots of zeaxanthin which is important for good vision.

11. Potato Juice being alkaline is great for soothing the GI tract, curing indigestion, and helping with excess acid… and for healing a irritable gut and also healing gastric ulcers. A true miracle food for the GI tract.

12. Potato Juice is full of Vitamins A, C, B’s, and phosphorus, calcium, iron, potassium, zeaxanthin, fiber, and protein!

Always use ripe potatoes, potatoes that are free of black spots, new sprouts, and green areas… these areas contain toxins… make sure you remove these areas before juicing

You can add carrot juice to Potato Juice and even herbs like nettle, sage, and spirulina for an even higher nutrient rich juice that does your body good.

Give Potato Juice a try… it just might make you feel great!
[h=3]About the Author[/h]Dr. Paul Haider – Master Herbalist and Spiritual Teacher for over 20 years, helping people to recover and feel healthy. You can also find Dr. Haider on FB under Dr. Paul Haider, Healing Herbs, and at www.paulhaider.com – feel free to contact him any time.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Alright potato!!!!!

But friend warned me not to buy Indian and Indonesian potatoes as the soil and water used cultivating them are very questionable. He advised me Australian potatoes are great.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
But friend warned me not to buy Indian and Indonesian potatoes as the soil and water used cultivating them are very questionable. He advised me Australian potatoes are great.
Ok.. Well.. Anyway.. All my fruits and veggies are from Australia.. First world food source.. Hahaha

What about thai potatoes?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ok.. Well.. Anyway.. All my fruits and veggies are from Australia.. First world food source.. Hahaha

What about thai potatoes?

I must go take a look when I back to Bangkok this weekend.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Original colour of Carrots:

When you think of carrots what is the first thing that comes to mind? One thing is for sure, you don’t think “Gee, you mean that long purple vegetable.” Well here’s news for you, the original colour of the carrot was not orange! Carrots originated in Middle Asia with some historians believing that they were known as far back as Ancient Egypt over 5,000 years ago. It is not clear if they were actually cultivated at this time, however by the 10th century in Afghanistan, they were being grown in the colours purple or yellow.These weren’t the only colours around, however. In addition to purple and white, carrots were grown in red, yellow and even black. In fact to begin with carrots were not favoured as a favorite vegetable, but rather in the times of the Ancient Romans, as a medicinal herb and even as an aphrodisiac. A “green” aphrodisiac at that.

coulorful-carrot.jpg

Today we know that carrots have great nutritional value being low in calories. Not only that but carrots are an excellent source of carotene, which the body converts into Vitamin A. It is this particular vitamin that really helps with vision, which is why carrots are a great vegetable to add to your diet.

Blame it on the “orange” Dutchmen

When you are preparing your carrots for eating, whether you plan on cooking them or eating them raw, there is something important to keep in mind: don’t peel the skin! In carrots, like many vegetables, most of the nutritional value is just below the skin, so instead of peeling, just scrub the skin clean. And choose organic varieties when you can.

So our popular orange carrot of today, isn’t even one of the original, natural colour. Actually it is the product of cross breeding the red and yellow carrots. In the 16th century some Dutch farmers succeeded in growing the first orange carrots in honour of the House of Orange. It is this colour carrot, which is most widespread today.

So when you are next making a delicious carrot salad, think just how much more colourful purple would look on your table. Try a local farmer’s market, or health food store near you and taste the difference. Or look for a way near you to order seeds of heirloom varieties of ancient carrots. Like Gary Nabhan says, you can conserve what you eat.

- See more at: http://www.greenprophet.com/2010/06/history-carrots/#sthash.xjxgieYW.dpuf

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Blended fruits/veggies part of my daily diet but i don't really blend such a big mixture or with that many different fruit/vegs just one apple, spinach, brocooli, long beans, 1 carrot, cucumber once etc that's about it.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Blended fruits/veggies part of my daily diet but i don't really blend such a big mixture or with that many different fruit/vegs just one apple, spinach, brocooli, long beans, 1 carrot, cucumber once etc that's about it.

Good enough Jah as long as one juices.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pesticides in our body hate veg/fruits, but love meat. :smile:

The problem with meat is that with todays farming practices most of the meant is tainted with hormones & antibiotics. Even the fishes reared in fish farms have higher amounts of PCBs