• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why juicing helps with diabetes, cancer,...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..Let's take the TS johnny333 for example. He has mentioned he has high blood pressure and he suffered a heart attack before. I don't have the full story on johnny's health but i would guess prior to his heart attack he didn't care about his health and probably smoked and drank too with hardly any exercise. Can you correct me if i am wrong johnny. ...

I was a typical worker drone. However I didn't drink or smoke. The vice that got me into trouble was drinking too much coke & pepsi. I drank the stuff almost everyday. All that sugar caused diabetes which upsets the hormonal balance. Causing the arteries to harden.

From what I read diabetes is very common especially when you get older. It may not be the more serious type but a milder form of it. That's why older people are getting health problems like heart problems. If they check it is probably the diabetic problem that caused the heart problems.

Some people are taking aspirin to thin their blood in an attempt to prevent heart attacks but I wonder if they should instead be taking cinnamon to control insulin sensitivity:confused:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is difficult to juice wheat grass. I doubt any centrifugal juicer can do it. You probably have to use a masticating juicer.

I chose to get a Super Angel 7500 because it is stainless steel & is a very efficient juicer that has no problems with wheat grass. You can take a look at this beauty:smile:

[video=youtube;bAq-FxHlmwA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAq-FxHlmwA[/video]

If your juicer cannot handle wheat grass they sell powdered wheat grass. Don't know how good the powdered stuff is:confused:
Maybe someone has tried it & could share their experience with the powdered wheat grass?

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
most need to put water in the blender with the veg and fruits. Blending whips the whole mixture with pulsing effect, causes air bubbles and foam. So the oxygen in the water oxidies the nutrients also.

Can someone in here put the myth about blending destroys nutrients and some say 90% of nutrients to rest?

They say heat from the blender's blade destroys the nutrients etc but you only blending for say 1 min at the most before everything becomes a smoothie right.

Only difference i can find between juicing and blending is you need more fruits/veggies to juice cos some veggies have less water in them so you need more to create a large drinkable cup.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
pros and cons to this juicer...imo.

Pros, is also no noise and choice of strainer, therefore can control amount of pulp in the juice.

Cons, too much pulp accumulate under the actuator, bottom of the container and outlet of the pulp. need more time to wash.

[video=youtube;32QqptsqrQM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32QqptsqrQM[/video]

who is using this juicer???

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend tried the omega nc902 with wheatgrass, all good. The new model has larger input chute and output tension dial.

It is difficult to juice wheat grass. I doubt any centrifugal juicer can do it. You probably have to use a masticating juicer.

I chose to get a Super Angel 7500 because it is stainless steel & is a very efficient juicer that has no problems with wheat grass. You can take a look at this beauty:smile:

[video=youtube;bAq-FxHlmwA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAq-FxHlmwA[/video]

If your juicer cannot handle wheat grass they sell powdered wheat grass. Don't know how good the powdered stuff is:confused:
Maybe someone has tried it & could share their experience with the powdered wheat grass?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hey guys, I'm holidaying now in Hokkaido, never miss any "toy" as much as I am missing my Hurom 700 now. Hell.

Met wife here halfway through her trip and she said I'm no more fun like before as I am eating almost half of everything I ordered and eating mostly veges anyway she seems to be happy for me. Like this morning woke up first this is an orange and a carrot, eat I mean and this never happen to me before. I will go overdrive with my juicing when I get back.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
most need to put water in the blender with the veg and fruits. Blending whips the whole mixture with pulsing effect, causes air bubbles and foam. So the oxygen in the water oxidies the nutrients also.

When u cut the fruit veggies you oxidize it. Same as when you bite it.

I mean does it really ruin a lot of the nutrients? A bit of loss is ok it also happens when you cut or juice i suppose.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was a typical worker drone. However I didn't drink or smoke. The vice that got me into trouble was drinking too much coke & pepsi. I drank the stuff almost everyday. All that sugar caused diabetes which upsets the hormonal balance. Causing the arteries to harden.

From what I read diabetes is very common especially when you get older. It may not be the more serious type but a milder form of it. That's why older people are getting health problems like heart problems. If they check it is probably the diabetic problem that caused the heart problems.

Some people are taking aspirin to thin their blood in an attempt to prevent heart attacks but I wonder if they should instead be taking cinnamon to control insulin sensitivity:confused:

Thanks for clarifying. Soft drinks contain lots of sugar.

Hopefully this thread can convince others that don't have any health problems to juice. I am one of them actually. Going about your day feeling fine and normal is taken for granted by many people especially the younger ones. Most ppl only tend to pay attention to all of this after they have a condition like diabetes, cancer etc. If you don't have any of these ailments you should juice now to prevent them from occuring in the future.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thanks for clarifying. Soft drinks contain lots of sugar.

Hopefully this thread can convince others that don't have any health problems to juice. I am one of them actually. Going about your day feeling fine and normal is taken for granted by many people especially the younger ones. Most ppl only tend to pay attention to all of this after they have a condition like diabetes, cancer etc. If you don't have any of these ailments you should juice now to prevent them from occuring in the future.

Happy to hear that buddy. Let's encourage each other to continue this good and healthy habit. Don't worry about the masticating or blending as long as we all get some benefits from it is a big step forward.

adultstem

Alfrescian
Loyal

His last hope was a heart transplant, and then someone told him about StemEnhance...

http://www.increase-your-health.com/testimonial-heart-renewal

"I ask myself: If nothing in my lifestyle has changed, except taking StemEnhance, what could have caused my recovery?"

Instead of a heart transplant, he experienced a heart renewal...

http://stemcellnutritionsingapore.stemtech.com/US

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
....vice that got me into trouble was drinking too much coke & pepsi. I drank the stuff almost everyday. All that sugar caused diabetes which upsets the hormonal balance.
From what I read diabetes is very common especially when you get older. It may not be the more serious type but a milder form of it.
It's not the pop as the cause of diabetes, but failure of the pancreas to produce insulin to absorb sugars into your system. Quite sure you are well informed, given your interest in healthy lifestyle and nutrition

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-causes.html

But of course, the darned high sugar level in pop doesn't do most people good -especially diabetics, who are already 'handicapped' in handling glucose.

Heartening to hear positive change in Joetys health well being. :biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Happy to hear that buddy. Let's encourage each other to continue this good and healthy habit. Don't worry about the masticating or blending as long as we all get some benefits from it is a big step forward.

Yup decided not to worry about that any longer.

Most people see consumption of food as something that they enjoy. If they consume something they need to enjoy it rather than doing it as a chore. Unfortunately many of the foods/drinks today that are tasty are unhealthy like say soft drinks, fried foods, candy etc so when a person consumes all of this his health won't be good. Contrast this to eating these fruits and veggies i can say more people hate the taste of these types of foods compared to fast food like macdonalds. That alone turns them off from consuming them. Personally for me i still hate the taste of veggies but getting more used to it and juicing/blending is the fastest and most hassle free way of absorbing them without having to withstand the taste for long. If you love the taste of veggies/fruits no problem for you but many people hate them.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...... If they consume something they need to enjoy it rather than doing it as a chore. Unfortunately many of the foods/drinks today that are tasty are unhealthy like say soft drinks, fried foods, candy etc so when a person consumes all of this his health won't be good. Contrast this to eating these fruits and veggies i can say more people hate the taste of these types of foods compared to fast food like macdonalds. That alone turns them off from consuming them. Personally for me i still hate the taste of veggies but getting more used to it and juicing/blending is the fastest and most hassle free way of absorbing them without having to withstand the taste for long. If you love the taste of veggies/fruits no problem for you but many people hate them.

I'm one of those who can't follow a recipe. Never learn't to cook anything except the basics like rice, eggs,...That's why I still eat at those 'economical' rice places because they have veggy choices. Always knew I needed more greens in my diet. I really don't why I didn't think about juicing sooner:o

Now I don't have to worry it because I drink alot of greens :smile:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hurricane BL 30 stainless steel manual juicer, can carry on travel trips. IMO, small in footprint and size. Just buy vegetables and put in hotel fridge. Juice anytime.:smile:

Hey guys, I'm holidaying now in Hokkaido, never miss any "toy" as much as I am missing my Hurom 700 now. Hell.

Met wife here halfway through her trip and she said I'm no more fun like before as I am eating almost half of everything I ordered and eating mostly veges anyway she seems to be happy for me. Like this morning woke up first this is an orange and a carrot, eat I mean and this never happen to me before. I will go overdrive with my juicing when I get back.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hurricane BL 30 stainless steel manual juicer, can carry on travel trips. IMO, small in footprint and size. Just buy vegetables and put in hotel fridge. Juice anytime.:smile:

You mean this

[video=youtube;Wz3gjLCZ8xo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz3gjLCZ8xo[/video]

A problem is that you need a counter to keep it from moving.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes.:smile: There's another video on the parts breakdown.

I want to try wheatgrass, but not easy to get. And no time to grow at home even though there are kits available to grow without soil. Bring in the seeds is another problem:(

You mean this

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The hurom 700 isn't good at juicing wheatgrass. Are there any juicer good enough to do this job?