• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why it’s so hard for S’poreans to understand CPF

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why bother so much, you take very well care the most you live long by few years but you will died too. The best is returned my CPF money and when i finish them I ask for euthanasia. Don't tell me the cock and bush story.

you can survive with juicing and blending fresh vegetables and fruit for $10 a day. eat less meat and carb. have a healthy lifestyle by staying from processed and fried food. you will live longer like wealthy folks do. wealthy folks are now eating less, and they juice and blend many times a day. :biggrin:

some sg cooked food are healthier than sf food. in sf i don't have as many healthy and freshly cooked choices as in sg. due to the plethora of choices in sg, i selectively go for stuff that are fresh, delicious, nutritious, yet affordable. for example, yong tau fu is many times more healthy, much more delicious, and one quarter of the cost of a sumptuous meal in sf. if there is ytf in sf, i would go "wtf?!" and have it every day. :p

besides macdonald, starbucks, and city bagel in the neighborhood that open for breakfast starting at 7am, panera bread is the only joint that has a larger selection of choices for breakfast early in the morning. it's not higher end, just ordinary. unlike sg, where you have various choices at some 24-hr food court or kopitiam and hawker centers starting at 6am, the breakfast scene here is basically either fast food (yucks) or diners a distance away. unlike sg again, there are no breakfast choices such as taro cake, chai tau kway, bee hoon mee, wanton mee, mee pok, kway teow mee, sng kway, chook bee png, chwee kway, otah, nasi lemak, mee siam, etc.

sinkies should consider themselves lucky for having the largest selection of freshly cooked food at any time of the day at extremely affordable prices. pap is the best! :biggrin:

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why bother so much, you take very well care the most you live long by few years but you will died too. The best is returned my CPF money and when i finish them I ask for euthanasia. Don't tell me the cock and bush story.

revealer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr. Leong, you should walk proudly into NZSF CEO, Adrain Orr's office (If only he is also in charge of pension scheme) with the printed article in hand and asked him to improve the NZ's pension scheme. Tell him that you are not satisfied with his performance that he has just broken the record to earn 25.5% return for the superannuation fund in 2011 and yet, the NZ's pension scheme is still not as good as Singapore's CPF. Then tell him that his 25.5% is still far away from the 58% that was made by Malaysia's EPF last Q and tell him not to rest on his laurel and request him to work harder still. If he cannot improve the returns or the NZ's pension scheme, ask him if he can help Singapore CPF to earn some good returns with CPF's SGD$230 biln sitting in the Singapore Government's kiddy bank.. we, the Singaopreans, will appreciate very much of your efforts. There will be no point going hungry strike outside Mr. Orr's office as I understand the New Zealanders only goes to the PUB early 10:00 am and they will drink until the 10:00 pm at night....(see note 1)

Thank you very much in advance...

http://www.swfinstitute.org/swf-new...-fund-posts-record-25-8-return-for-2012-2013/

http://www.ipe.com/first-quarter-re...ias-employees-provident-fund/10002015.article

Note 1: New Zealander has a National Referendum when every one voted to extend PUB closing times from 6:00 p.m. to 10 p.m. on 9 October 1967

CPF is perfectly straightforward and is an excellent scheme. It is far better than the various pension schemes that most Western nations have adopted.

60.1% understand it perfectly. 39.9% can't seem to grasp the workings of the scheme because their IQ is too low but you can't blame the PAP for that.

Last edited: