• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

why is the pigeon hole of last floor higher than the rest?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
To allow for better air circulation in the unit. Due to the heat generated on the roof. I think.

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
just in case the watertank burst and collapse.

there is enough room to fill the water with.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
isnt the roof designed and isulated against heat and water seepage?

I don't really know for sure, it's just a logical guess. Roof insulation may be there. But the top floor units are subjected to the direct heat of the sun. Ambient air temperature will be higher as compared to lower floors. Water proofing may be there too, but leaks can still happen.

kopirui

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't really know for sure, it's just a logical guess. Roof insulation may be there. But the top floor units are subjected to the direct heat of the sun. Ambient air temperature will be higher as compared to lower floors. Water proofing may be there too, but leaks can still happen.

how does cooling work on higher ceiling?
hot air rise, cool air sink?
warmer air rise to the ceiling and still trap inside the unit for sure.
anybody can explain the science behind this risng and sinking.
i saw my friend unit and ask one of the main contractor worker.they also do not know the logic behind.

understand that hawker center have very high ceiling.but they do also have opening on the extreme top to vent off the warmer air.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
how does cooling work on higher ceiling?
hot air rise, cool air sink?
warmer air rise to the ceiling and still trap inside the unit for sure.
anybody can explain the science behind this risng and sinking.
i saw my friend unit and ask one of the main contractor worker.they also do not know the logic behind.

understand that hawker center have very high ceiling.but they do also have opening on the extreme top to vent off the warmer air.

Hot air rises to the top. Higher ceiling allows for more separation between cool and hot air because more volume is involved. Of course you will need your windows for exhaust and inlet purposes.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it is an elevation treatment in term of design lah, if all looks equal then no punch, must make top most higher a bit as a fullstop la, this is not only HDB, any building takes on this principle

kopirui

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is an elevation treatment in term of design lah, if all looks equal then no punch, must make top most higher a bit as a fullstop la, this is not only HDB, any building takes on this principle

this concept is for competing between who has the highest building in the world.
usually by topping or extending something high on the roof

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

spot on....only thing is that the utility bills are higher due more lightings and butoh units required for the aircon :o

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought that the top floor is more desirable & that it usually goes to people with connections e.g. Grass looters