• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why I, a Christian, believe 377A should be repealed

covertbriar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Four years ago, I wrote a post in response to the NLB’s banning of the penguin books. Today, I’m writing a post in response to the 377A issue. I struggled with whether to post this because I know it will generate a lot of controversy from all sides, and I dislike conflict. Immensely.

However, I know many Christians have been grappling with this issue and I’ve been feeling a strong urge to share my views as a fellow Christian. I don’t know if you are for, against, or not sure which stance you are supposed to take. I will make it very clear – these are my views and I’m not forcing you to agree with me. We can agree to disagree. But if this post can somehow help you gain clarity on the issue, then that’s all I can ask for.
I believe 377A should be repealed. Here’s why:

1) Sin and crime are two very different things. Even if you believe homosexuality is a sin, as stated in the bible, it is unjust to call it a crime. I’ve said this before: some Christians feel like as long as LGBT is on the cards, they have to always take the other side. Stop and think about how ludicrous this is. If sins should be considered crimes, then why don’t we criminalise adultery? Or premarital sex? Or divorce? Or, as I jokingly mentioned on FB to the horror of my foodie friend, why not criminalise gluttony? Ban buffets!

2) The 377A is a sham because it is openly unenforced. What’s the point of it then? For this reason, having the 377A does not discourage homosexuality. It’s like having a law against speeding, then declaring that the law would never be enforced. Does the law deter speeding then? No. So if I say the law should be dropped, am I then saying that I support speeding? Of course not.

But by keeping 377A, we are legitimising hatred and prejudice towards the LGBT, which impinges on human rights. This is not just a secular issue. In the bible, we are told to seek justice for all as well.

As for the argument that we should uphold Asian values, guess what – 377A is not a law enacted by Singapore (and thus Asian). It is an antiquated British law introduced in 1938 that we inherited from our colonial past. So what Asian values are we talking about?

More at https://www.domainofexperts.com/2018/09/why-i-christian-believe-377a-should-be.html

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I agree that 377A is a sham. It should be enforced vigorously to correct the situation.

Boss, how to enforce? Deploy mata mata to use forced entry into people's residences when suspected gay couples are getting raided in their rear?

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boss, how to enforce? Deploy mata mata to use forced entry into people's residences when suspected gay couples are getting raided in their rear?
arrest them when they are in hospital. They will seek medical advice when something is wrong with their rear end after their banging session. Medical Evidence is already there.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Just arrest all gays and charge them because I can guarantee you that they are ALL arsehole bandits.

If Tim Cook visits Singapore arrest him too. Hopefully the guy that succeeds him can save Apple because the company is going down the tubes concentrating on stupid mobile devices instead of computers.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just arrest all gays and charge them because I can guarantee you that they are ALL arsehole bandits.

If Tim Cook visits Singapore arrest him too. Hopefully the guy that succeeds him can save Apple because the company is going down the tubes concentrating on stupid mobile devices instead of computers.
But u like iOS...so it's important that they do a good job with iPhones

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wether it is called gay, lgbtq, pink... whatever, it is still homsexuality. Sodomy is disgusting. Even dogs don't do.

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMG_3089.GIF

IMG_3090.JPG

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this the answer to nib at the bud?

Only the fittest survive...

Four years ago, I wrote a post in response to the NLB’s banning of the penguin books. Today, I’m writing a post in response to the 377A issue. I struggled with whether to post this because I know it will generate a lot of controversy from all sides, and I dislike conflict. Immensely.

However, I know many Christians have been grappling with this issue and I’ve been feeling a strong urge to share my views as a fellow Christian. I don’t know if you are for, against, or not sure which stance you are supposed to take. I will make it very clear – these are my views and I’m not forcing you to agree with me. We can agree to disagree. But if this post can somehow help you gain clarity on the issue, then that’s all I can ask for.

1) Sin and crime are two very different things. Even if you believe homosexuality is a sin, as stated in the bible, it is unjust to call it a crime. I’ve said this before: some Christians feel like as long as LGBT is on the cards, they have to always take the other side. Stop and think about how ludicrous this is. If sins should be considered crimes, then why don’t we criminalise adultery? Or premarital sex? Or divorce? Or, as I jokingly mentioned on FB to the horror of my foodie friend, why not criminalise gluttony? Ban buffets!

2) The 377A is a sham because it is openly unenforced. What’s the point of it then? For this reason, having the 377A does not discourage homosexuality. It’s like having a law against speeding, then declaring that the law would never be enforced. Does the law deter speeding then? No. So if I say the law should be dropped, am I then saying that I support speeding? Of course not.

But by keeping 377A, we are legitimising hatred and prejudice towards the LGBT, which impinges on human rights. This is not just a secular issue. In the bible, we are told to seek justice for all as well.

As for the argument that we should uphold Asian values, guess what – 377A is not a law enacted by Singapore (and thus Asian). It is an antiquated British law introduced in 1938 that we inherited from our colonial past. So what Asian values are we talking about?

More Huat!

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Idiot. PC is dead... move on.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mayybe God is also Gay, then how?

More Huat!