• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

why everyone so crazy about 红美人 cny oranges?

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
my lady svp boss complained to me the other day she can't find. all sold out. ask me whether i know where to buy. i checked online also sold out...

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
红美人 prices dropped this year due to competition. People like them because regardless of size, they taste good. (Got big and small)

Papa oranges is an hybrid from Japan, grown in Sichuan. They taste better than 红美人. There are two types. Giant selling the $11 for 10 large ones or 12 small ones. Again, regardless of size, they taste very good. Smaller wholesalers repack the larger ones for one carton (eg. 20 Papa oranges) for $25-30.

Due to the timing of CNY, Taiwan Ponkans are rather small this year, smallest in recent memories.

The largest oranges this year are the XXXL (Triple-X) China Lukan from NTUC. They don't taste as good as 红美人 or Papa Oranges, and due to larger variants from these two, they caused the price of XXXL Lukan from NTUC to drop from $40 (for 10) to $28 this week.

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
红美人 prices dropped this year due to competition. People like them because regardless of size, they taste good. (Got big and small)

Papa oranges is an hybrid from Japan, grown in Sichuan. They taste better than 红美人. There are two types. Giant selling the $11 for 10 large ones or 12 small ones. Again, regardless of size, they taste very good. Smaller wholesalers repack the larger ones for one carton (eg. 20 Papa oranges) for $25-30.

Due to the timing of CNY, Taiwan Ponkans are rather small this year, smallest in recent memories.

The largest oranges this year are the XXXL (Triple-X) China Lukan from NTUC. They don't taste as good as 红美人 or Papa Oranges, and due to larger variants from these two, they caused the price of XXXL Lukan from NTUC to drop from $40 (for 10) to $28 this week.
wow, u r so knowledgeable. i know nothing about oranges for cny. always so wondering why must exchange orange for cny like lppl. give out two take back two..quite stupid practice to me but since young do it so go along with it lor

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow, u r so knowledgeable. i know nothing about oranges for cny. always so wondering why must exchange orange for cny like lppl. give out two take back two..quite stupid practice to me but since young do it so go along with it lor

Personally, i think the most stupid thing about CNY is visiting, people just visit to clock mileage. I rather meet someone I like for a proper meal or chat any time of the year. I am also introvert and prefers not to handle guests, it is just me, nothing against them. Some will wear super sexy body-hugging dresses, but I prefer KTV gals who don't mind me fat and ugly really hug me.

To me, oranges are not expensive, one carton of big papa orange, 红美人, Ponkan or Lukan are $10-20. Ideal for gifts. I buy for seniors around me because it is also heavy for them to carry from supermarket to home.

Small ones for 红美人, papa oranges, ponkans and lukans are really small this year, causing average orange prices to fall this year.

superpower

Alfrescian
Loyal
37b46ff7e05fa9b7aa846a9821d62eda.jpeg

The best Mandarin oranges I've tasted in my life. 红美人can't hold a candle. I'll never buy any other breeds in future.

Zero acidity, super-sweet. First bred in Japan in 1976, patented in 1996, brought into China in 2001 and grown in various regions, mainly in Sichuan. Unlike other Mandarins, these are harvested in winter.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
backyard has mandarin orange and navel orange trees. all ripened in january. too many to harvest so some are left on trees. must give away. cannot makan and juice all for oneself. can spike blood sugar level and becum pre-diabetic.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can u make marmalade
yes, i make my own marmalade. it’s a lot of boiling to reduce the water content. plus must cook orange skin until it becums soft and edible. too much work for about 3 oranges to a jar. mandarin oranges do not turn into marmalade well. navel oranges do. but can use mandarin orange skin to cook tong sui, such as red bean soup.