• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why English commentators always mention "1966" right on cue?

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is 2010, not 1966. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

All the matches are rigged by the bookies. Get real man! :rolleyes:

ept_sports_sow_experts-378277679-1277650146.jpg

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you are right. all rigged by either FIFA or betting house.
for england team, they probably bribe their coach, since he never change his tactic.

D

Dodomeki

Hopefully next WC, technology will replace human referees / linesman. Too many bad decisions.

jw5

Loyal
They keep mentioning 1966 because that was the last time they won the world cup and probably the only time.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
england likes 2 live on past glory ... dey still tink dey r having a big british empire ...

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One thing for sure those betting on England all 4 game lose money. Why I know because all 4 England game I bet opponent side. I very hapopy with England performance. If not I will lose big.

D

Dodomeki

I have always been doing this. Since previous world cup matchs to present. To support england only as passion but not where you put your money. :biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The last respectable World Cup was 1982. The rest thenceforth have all been farcial amusement past-times when there's nothing better to do in summer-times.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Next time move forward the net. Just 5 inch from the line. As long as ball taouch the net is GOAL.
Or Install curtain sensor. Just like new lift. When ball in between the sensor the Light will ON on the Goal post and come with GOAL GOAL GOAL load speaker.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Next time move forward the net. Just 5 inch from the line. As long as ball taouch the net is GOAL.
Or Install curtain sensor. Just like new lift. When ball in between the sensor the Light will ON on the Goal post and come with GOAL GOAL GOAL load speaker.

That means goalkeeper and defenders can't clear the ball before it crosses the line without touching the net. Another controversy. Clearance touch net first or ball touch net first?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That means goalkeeper and defenders can't clear the ball before it crosses the line without touching the net. Another controversy. Clearance touch net first or ball touch net first?

You give me another ideas.
Install sensor at goal post to detect the ball. Inside the ball have a transmitter.
When ball cross the goal post. The loud speaker GOAL GOAL GOAL.

jw5

Loyal
Just spend 5 seconds looking at the replay to see whether the ball crossed the line.
It's a question of fact, not judgement.
For other things like offside, penalty, yellow card, red card, etc, let the ref decide.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Too bad. If the ball spin the others way round should hit the net.
England really have the worst curse in the WC match. 1st goalkeeper ball slip when getting good grip on the ball. Lucky the make it to 2nd round.
Another bad luck hit them again. If the equalize the game will be different style playing and England might win. Maybe England 3 vs Germany 2
Even if Engaland make it to next round. I guess more uninmaginable bad luck will happen. Maybe stadium on the England support fan side will collapse because they too happy jumping Up and Down.