• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why does the NEA tear down and rebuiilt hawker centres so frequently?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
the answer is rather plain and simple.

by implementing compulsory upgrading to a hawker centre, rentals could be conveniently TRIPLED. usually after upgrading, many honest to goodness hawkers would be extinct and so are their wholesome honest to goodness authentic hawker foods.

does the gov really care? wait long long. all they care is to increase their revenue$. the rest is unimportant or secondary:(

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Okie bro, no Langar means no insurance payout..:smile:

Hehehe. Even lang gar also bo bian rite?

Btw off topic a little, intend to have a small bbq for the coming weekend, got any lobang for bbq chicken wings ( sinkee style). Previously, i used black and light soya sauce with garlic and honey for the marinate but not really satisfied.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cock Planning And Design

because there will be "special people" who will profit from all this constructions, demolishing etc. Just walk around your neighborhood and see all the useless junk and unnecessary builts etc. like an overhead bridge that can be build-ed shorter but instead they make it a merry go round. Ministries also have this ridicules mindset of spending every single dime of their allocated yearly revenue just so it does not return back to the central government.

They must make one for photo taking mah. Then, show it off to PRCs to entice them to come here. Everyone living there is in a hurry to catch a bud or train ending up going one big merry go round for 'sightseeing' experience (more like fuming with frustration instead) in the morning.

RC members said "money no enough" so coffer had to suffer. Too much money ?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehehe. Even lang gar also bo bian rite?

Btw off topic a little, intend to have a small bbq for the coming weekend, got any lobang for bbq chicken wings ( sinkee style). Previously, i used black and light soya sauce with garlic and honey for the marinate but not really satisfied.
Maybe lang gar with me....I knew a Penang mummy from 19 floor...avid horse punter.

Marinate chicken wings dun forget oyster sauce...

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you're observant enough, you'll see that upgraded hawker centres have rectangular tables instead of round ones. Some open areas (e.g. an unsheltered grass patch within the hawker centre) may also be fitted with seats.

The seating capacity of upgraded hawker centres has increased. How legitimate this is in justifying rental hikes, we'll never know.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe lang gar with me....I knew a Penang mummy from 19 floor...avid horse punter.

Marinate chicken wings dun forget oyster sauce...
19 floor got lang gar but hobby (horse punting) no lang gar. The one I knew only like to play Chua Dai Di. :smile:

knn, talking about her, miss her so much, especially her lian bang Mandarin. :smile:

Prometheus888

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you're observant enough, you'll see that upgraded hawker centres have rectangular tables instead of round ones. Some open areas (e.g. an unsheltered grass patch within the hawker centre) may also be fitted with seats.

The seating capacity of upgraded hawker centres has increased. How legitimate this is in justifying rental hikes, we'll never know.

The problem with the BEA/govt is that even with hawker centres they are turning it into some commercial enterprise to squeeze more money... stop this nonsense already man. Stop trying to turn even a smalltimer cultural thing into another money spinner as if with all these bullshit taxes there isnt enough money to run a damm govt....

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get Rid Of PAP Sooner The Better

The problem with the BEA/govt is that even with hawker centres they are turning it into some commercial enterprise to squeeze more money... stop this nonsense already man. Stop trying to turn even a smalltimer cultural thing into another money spinner as if with all these bullshit taxes there isnt enough money to run a damm govt....

When I was very young, I kept hearing people saying "PAP = Pay And Pay". I was skeptical at first. But, when I started to read and 'hear' more stuff in the net, things became clearer. Things have NOT change a bit.

You DON'T need PAP to be happy.