• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why does Lee Wei Ling feud with Brothers and SIL?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
something not right when this thread attracted 8 k viewers in 3 days

while the youtube video only 15k viewers hits. :(

Its all probably ISD trying to find out who I am. But I was also surprised at how many viewed. Why do u think this is the case?

jw5

Loyal
Its all probably ISD trying to find out who I am. But I was also surprised at how many viewed. Why do u think this is the case?

Because this is current news and not old news like civil service gossip from 20 years ago. People want to know any theories why LWL feuds with her brother and SIL. :wink:

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
The note was probably left for the husband. But do u think he will publicize it? They already positioned the death as a heart attack. The existence of the note will torpedo that from a heart attack to a suicide.

given that he is a scum........ I rather believe a tankee

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Because this is current news and not old news like civil service gossip from 20 years ago. People want to know any theories why LWL feuds with her brother and SIL. :wink:

Good one. Its actually international news too.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
given that he is a scum........ I rather believe a tankee

Yes, I rather believe his brother over him. Him I met once, his brother, many times. He Buys me beers when I went to the 46 SAR Officer Mess..............many moons ago.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Good one. Its actually international news too.

It's not surprising that even the ang mos want to know. Vivian might even get some uncomfortable questions when he goes on his rounds, he may wish he was back home dealing with the haze. :wink:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

He stole her panty n bra n crossdress for Halloween.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
interesting article.
if you want..google translate.
WP is being suaned...

亞洲焦點

李光耀兒女內訌風波幕後

蕭亞夫
2016年4月24日 第30卷 16期

李光耀逝世一週年紀念活動,引爆總理李顯龍與妹妹李瑋玲的歧見,兄妹在臉書隔空辯論。李瑋玲用「濫用權力」、「建立王朝」等字眼指責,引發李顯龍之子李鴻毅是否進入政壇的猜測。

李顯龍:李光耀長子、新加坡總理(圖:歐新社)
李瑋玲:李光耀女兒、腦神經科醫生
李光耀全家福

新加坡建國總理李光耀女兒李瑋玲公開申訴言論自由被剝奪一事,過去一週迅速升溫,引發海內外傳媒關注,因為事件無意中揭開向來隱藏在南洋「峇迪」布幔背後的新加坡政治內幕,雖然僅僅是一角。
峇迪布是印尼和新馬一帶的民族風布料,獅城政治不盡透明,實可比擬為「峇迪布幕」政治,對照於過去的鐵幕與竹幕。
為證明自己控訴《海峽時報》剝奪自由表達權的合理性,李瑋玲將自己跟《海峽時報》副總編輯費南德茲(Ivan Fernandez,她文章的負責編輯)往來的電郵串公開在自己臉書上,「讓公眾自行判斷」。
由 這些電郵看來,原已確定會刊登(關於李瑋玲反對大肆紀念李光耀逝世一週年活動)的文章,李瑋玲後來要求加入毛澤東和邱吉爾死後紀念活動的部分作為對比,但 費南德茲不同意,要求根據先前編輯過的版本刊登。見報前兩天,兩人對李瑋玲要在自己的網絡空間發布自己認為的完整版本沒有大歧見,然而費南德茲在見報前一 日一早再給李瑋玲一信,指稱對報社來說,在見報版本之外若有另一個「未編輯的網絡版本,「是不公平的」。他建議李瑋玲若不同意編輯過的版本見報,可以撤稿 自行在網上發布。
李瑋玲在兩小時後回覆的電郵中表達了她的激憤:「你昨天電郵告訴我沒問題。現在唯一的差別是它(文章)不會出現在海峽時報(星期天版)。我一早料到。指揮報業控股的那些權力,報業控股沒有人敢站出來向那些權力說『你不能濫用你的權力』。」
六 十一歲的她隨即筆鋒一轉,矛頭指向六十四歲的總理哥哥李顯龍:「我同HL(顯龍)在原則問題上不和。HL在LKY(李光耀)死後一年無疑就濫用他的權力舉 辦紀念活動,『以免我們忘記』。現實點吧,去年那麼大的事件,無人會在一年後就忘記。但如果這個權力他要建立一個王朝(dynasty),LKY的女兒不 會允許LKY的名字遭一個不名譽(dishonorable)的兒子玷污。」
發布此大串電郵的導火線是在李瑋玲控訴沒有言論自由事件一星期後,費南德茲在四月九日報章上解釋為什麼沒有刊登李文,其中一個理由是毛澤東邱吉爾部分的諸多段落涉嫌從網上「抄襲」。李瑋玲隨即表示在她發文之前,從往來電郵中,費南德茲從不曾提出「抄襲」之說。
四月十日,她發了震驚輿論的電郵串,當地網媒紛紛跟進,針對「建立王朝」、「濫權」等文字大做文章。
數 小時後,李顯龍在自己臉書發帖回應,對妹妹指他「濫權舉辦一週年紀念活動以建立王朝」的說法深感難過,「此一指控完全不實」。他在大概兩百字的短文中解 釋,人過世後一週年是重要時刻,對李光耀尤其如此,內閣曾討論如何紀念。「我的建議是應該由基層去做,各團體應該注意比例,聚焦未來。」他說內閣都了解新 加坡民眾表達敬意的願望,對基層提上來的各種計劃也認為大致恰當。
他在最後辯解:「認為我要建立王朝的說法更無道理。任人唯賢是我們社會的基礎價值,無論我、人民行動黨還是新加坡公眾,都不會容忍這種企圖。」
此事雖在民間引發多方面更深層的猜測,但願意深入探究者唯有少數敢具名。
綜 合長期觀察獅城政治人士的意見,統而言之,此事雖被不少人視為家庭糾紛,但因為李家在新加坡屬於長期統治的第一家庭,事件透露的訊息斷不可輕忽,否則即是 在政治上無知。僅從李瑋玲及李顯龍妻子何晶在事件中的表現(何晶插曲另文介紹),即可知該國的「峇迪幕政治」背後存在耐人尋味的一面。
從沒 結婚的李瑋玲作為李光耀夫婦最疼愛的孩子,也是老人家晚年長期的照護者,她的「王朝說」可能不是任性的發作。李瑋玲健康有問題是半公開之事(唯外界不知什 麼問題),也遺傳其父的閱讀障礙症,但身為高級知識分子,其思想意識正常,這可從她事後接受《亞洲華爾街日報》訪問時並不多說,可見一斑,她僅僅表示「這 是新加坡人的事務。我只是要堅持真理」。李光耀政敵惹耶勒南之子肯尼斯就說,官方公關高層此前對李瑋玲行文表示「如霧裏行舟」,是攻擊其健康弱點的低級做 法。如今又有人指其「抄襲」,一些人不免開始關注這位腦神經科醫生的李瑋玲的處境。
網媒「中間地帶」(The Middle Ground)創辦人柏莎漢森在風波告一段落後給李瑋玲的公開信中支持李的說法,認為如此盛大的慶祝活動,尤其是將禮砲彈殼如糖果般送給特定人士的做法, 必定獲官方同意。她進一步指出,超過五十年的統治讓政府在公與私領域、人民與組織領域已經糾纏不清,以至於連總理的妹妹都搞不清楚「使用」與「濫用」的界 線。「這就是濫用」,她說。
這種「濫用」的複雜性令到民間傳聞良久的李家第三代問題浮出檯面。李家是否計劃找時機讓李顯龍與何晶之子、二十九歲的李鴻毅進入政壇?李瑋玲是不是知道些什麼,她的態度如何?
無 論真相是什麼,民間反對者普遍的批評是,「建立王朝」的意識根本是從李瑋玲爸爸就開始,他處心積慮將兒子引入政壇直至親眼見證他繼承總理大位,長期以來對 於在此事上提出批評的人士同外國傳媒,以誹謗訴訟逼人屈服。如今此事出自李瑋玲口中,網民紛紛要求李顯龍以相同待遇控告她,理由是若果一個簡單回覆即可消 除民間疑慮,過去在法庭上滔滔雄辯的起訴和求償未免說不過去,人們因此在觀望過去被告而賠償的國際傳媒是否會有後續動作。
亦有人指出,李顯 龍同弟妹的關係不佳應該非今日始,有官場內部人士觀察到,兩弟妹的不滿也包括跟嫂嫂不咬弦。兩弟妹在父親祖居的處理問題上,立場與大哥也不相同。李顯龍在 回覆帖文中雖澄清無人會容忍建立王朝的企圖,但也未明確說自己兒子不會從政,就如李光耀好友蔣經國一樣明確。執政黨總是把自己推出的高官人選說成國家如何 不可或缺的精英。
李家第三代進入仕途?
與此同時,觀察家也指出,李家第三代進入仕途亦可能面對黨內反對者阻 撓。副總理尚達曼去年曾在歐洲表示,李家第三代若出來,將是「最不尋常」的現象。但反對者在黨內至今應該未集結成共識。若有人謀劃推舉,則持續保持李光耀 光環的照耀,直到第三代出來,將是必要的程序。若一切只是李瑋玲無中生有、任性胡說,則不啻是茶杯裏的風波,但也令人看到李家政壇外的人如何影響國家。
網 民對事件提出的質問還包括:李顯龍並沒有回答他有沒有針對妹妹的文章向《海峽時報》高層施壓。事件一開始就揭露從李光耀時代對傳媒的掌控與指揮這一事實, 到今日依然如此。新加坡在國際上樣樣第一,但在世界新聞自由排名中,去年落在俄羅斯之後,第一百五十三名。有國際傳媒人士指出,經常指責傳媒的國會唯一反 對黨工人黨,對事件揭露的真相表現一如既往的沉默,「好難理解」。■

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
please lah, tolong tolong. you call that "intel-lectural?" the deepest intellect she has is reaching into the cobwebs in her cheechee and do a house cleaning. even in the subject matter of neuroscience, she's devoid of any breakthroughs or white papers that are respected and well-regarded by her peers. all she's good at is pout at anyone who crosses her and literally kpkb to tell the world her mental condition is fragile, nearing meltdown and requires a real shrink to give her a shaft....in her cavities.

Is she smarter than you? :biggrin:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I understand some heads are going to roll at SPH over this whole incident. It could have been handled better. In a sense, the SPH editors were caught between a rock and a hard place. I think that its pretty telling that an individual like LWL can suka suka tell SPH what and how to publish her article. basically, she is dictating the terms to editorial staff. On the one hand they have to take her wishes into consideration, and on the other hand, they have been told not to have anything negative said about Old Fart at all, including the criticism of the 1 year death anniversary celebrations. No other mere mortal soul can get to do that in sinkieland. PAPsmerere would love his own articles to publish there. Can or not, Ivan Fernandez?

In such situations, they look for direction from the PMO office. You can bet Gay Loong picked up the phone and had a long chat with the sister. Along the lines of "tone down the article", lelac and all that. I am sure Gay Loong tried to explain his version of why they want to celebrate the Great Dictator's death anniversay. Basically, she told him to fuck off and cease and desist with the celebrations. Why? Because she probably saw the hand of Whore Jinx behind all the celebrations. i.e. create goodwill for the Old Fart, once again remind a "grateful nation" of how much Old Fart did for them, and then start saying more good times with the 3rd generation grandson. After Gay Loong chatted with LWL, she still insisted on having her article published and when the SPH editorial staff did not do the unedited version, she went on her Facebook to do so. that is why Gay Loong was "very saddened", because he had thought he already made his case clear to the sister.

I think members of the SPH editorial staff instead of engaging in a war of words with her via email over the editing of her article, should and could have done better. A lunch with her to explain their position or some softer approach might have helped. LWL is a stubborn woman. The more you tell her she cannot do it, the more she wants to. The whole thing could have been spun to her as "The nation is still in shock and grieving over father's death, and for many people, the one year death celebration is their way of coping". You know some, shit like that. But they made it worse by accusing her of plagiarizing. For a professor dependent to some degree on publishing, that is a serious accusation. But however it happened, the brother and SPH did not handle the situation right, as far as I can see. Some SPH head are going to roll. However, we are the beneficiaries of this. There is a lot of information put out there now after the exchange between them.

Some of which it appears that the Prime Minister abused govt time and resources to commemorate his own father. Gay Loong clearly admitted that they discussed the 1 year anniversary celebrations in Cabinet meetings. Seriously? There is nothing better or more important on the agenda than that? And then he went on to say the cabinet and he reviewed the events and observances that the different groups had planned and agreed that they were generally appropriate. Are you fucking kidding me? There were about 100 such events planned, can the PM kindly explain how many fucking hours he and the Cabinet spend to review them?

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Some of which it appears that the Prime Minister abused govt time and resources to commemorate his own father. Gay Loong clearly admitted that they discussed the 1 year anniversary celebrations in Cabinet meetings. Seriously? There is nothing better or more important on the agenda than that? And then he went on to say the cabinet and he reviewed the events and observances the the different groups had planned and agreed that they were generally appropriate. Are you fucking kidding me? There were about 100 such events planned, can the PM kindly explain how many fucking hours he and the Cabinet spend to review them?

Excellent analysis. I have added to your points. Also thanks for starting a great thread that has generated lots of interest.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is she smarter than you? :biggrin:

of course, she's smarter than i as i'm only a lowly jaga with part time jobs as a tissue seller and cardboard collector. my only credentials are in logging in jaga computer, monitoring cctv, and walking the rounds.

luckily she's only involved with a tiny population of sg who suffers from neurogical disorders and sometimes siao ting tong diseases, limited matters (and damage, due to small population and sample size) of her academic training, and not involved with national politics and policy-making. i'm sure she's a "political animal" at her workplace, institution or wherever she goes. but can you imagine if she is the pm? she would be a solitary uncompromising figure or train wreck with no teamwork, no collaboration, no consultation with capable folks, no cabinet willing to stay with her. she's a loner, and only her and a handful of sympathizers will know how to work with her, let alone her working with the entire population. :eek:

in sg, she has hardly any senior, experienced, and world renown peers in her field to bounce ideas off (she will bounce you off if you don't give in to her) and vice versa. and probably this loneliness contributed to a dearth of ideas, papers, scientific research and discoveries. she would be better off in the u.s., especially between irvine and san diego, where the latest & greatest neurological r&d (with breakthroughs) have presence, concentration, talent, funding, and interest. (a combo of techies and neurologists further up north in the valley are inserting chips in muscle groups to bypass disconnected neuro-pathways to connect signals from the brain to these muscle groups to get limbs moving again, for example.) one day, paraplegics and quadraplegics can walk again and use their limbs productively without the need of spinal or neurological passageways between brain and muscle groups. a different topic for another folder or thread.

anyway, she's wasting her training and atrophying her brains out in sg.....unless she's has a personal agenda and own motives to stay put, such as giving her siblings and in laws grief and becum an annoying albatross around their collective neck. :wink: :p