• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why do the Sinkies despise the PRC?

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Translated from a PRC Blog.

Although this small island nation of Singapore, 70% are Chinese, but with them the Chinese people of different nationalities, are still subject to local, whether Chinese or other ethnic people of discrimination. This is promised over the years has always existed, although more and more people here in China, this phenomenon has not changed, in my opinion, even worse before.

I think the reason why Singaporeans will discriminate against the Chinese people, nothing more than a few reasons:

Backward

In the eyes of Singaporeans, China is a backward country, China of course is the backward rural areas, whether you come from Shanghai, Beijing and cities which, in their eyes, you are someone with no knowledge of rural people, even if you University graduate, came here, fortunately, other people will treat you as a high school here, unfortunately, do not know what the treatment was. Rapid development of China, are no longer used to be behind some foreigners gradually the Chinese admiration, but today, Singapore is still looked down on Chinese.

A bad fish spoil the entire pot of soup

This description is absolutely irrelevant. Some Chinese women to come here to do some improper work, it is only some people, but they were not thought to exotic, they represent the whole country, their image will affect the image of the entire people.

Of course, since reading the "sex workers on the 10th on" this movie, I do not want to discriminate against those women being chicken, maybe they really are forced to live by it.

In this way, Singaporeans hate Chinese people, especially women in Singapore is more hated woman in China. There is trouble in the uproar a few years ago to read with mothers, parents help their children get better education, let them come here to develop, which of course is right, but if parents were unable to pay huge fees and living expenses, but also try to be brave to do? You come here to make money cooking chicken for their children's education, if they know the truth, it will thank you or hate you? Better to let them and other children remain in China as to the normal traditional education, to be a common Chinese students, there is no bad, after all, to study growth in China, but also talent one day.

Bad English

Some say that good here, can survive without learning English, Mandarin can be seen everywhere, everywhere encouraging the study of standard Chinese language site.

But facts speak louder than all the English in this place is particularly important. Here, only the low class people speak Mandarin, and they do not speak standard chinese. There are also some Cantonese, Hakka. Malays, Indians do not speak Chinese, but they all speak fluent English, so when looking for a job, employers prefer to hire English-speaking Malays and Indians, but most of the stalls, Pasar those Duan Panzi water carriers, are all Chinese.

The Government strongly advocated the surface here to study Chinese schools to open Chinese courses, but the real emphasis is not so. My students told me that they in school, only can speak Mandarin Chinese language classes, other times a teacher who could speak Mandarin is heard, will be scolded.
Four Chinese people swallow

Singaporeans will have the most complaints for a little dissatisfaction to the complaint, of course, here too there is a corresponding departments to defend their power, so here's one very self assertive, no complaints from me, scared to death you. I remember someone reminded me to speak in front of students to be careful, in case that the Na Juhua, reached the ears of the parents, if she felt unhappy, and you find you waiting for principals conversation, it mildly, have been complaints to school, weight will be complaints to the Ministry of Education, your hard nut to crack. Chinese people, experiencing things that often swallow, and always felt in a foreign country, less attitude and more Singaporeans may have grasped that the Chinese mentality is the Chinese people always feel useless, he was also how he did not bully relations. There is a saying not to say that bliss, no need no longer brook it? We will also complained Why should I endured, but complaints to the people's government, the government will move toward who?

Chinese people robbed of their "rice bowls"

This point can not blame others, blame Singaporeans themselves are too lazy, they do not like to do the work, the Chinese do, What is wrong is that you do not want to do, not what we Chinese people to grab your hand , so do not say that the Chinese people compete for your jobs, you are voluntary. Singaporeans now regret, was complaining in the newspaper, told the Government not to introduce too many foreign staff, and Singaporeans their jobs are a problem, but having said that, you do not want to do the job, and now to you, you do not want to do, Who you attracted me, nobody is to blame.

Although sometimes not want to admit their own, but it does receive unequal treatment, perhaps it is nothing I could do, just as someone told me so, you are in China, the provinces of the people to Shanghai, but also discrimination by the Shanghai people do for their own persons to do, let alone in foreign countries? Perhaps you can think to comfort the hearts of Chinese people were injured. Hope that gradually, the Chinese people can unite is power, and of course, some people fear.

Quote:
虽然新加坡这个小岛国,70%都是华人,但是与他们不同国籍的中国人,依然受到本地的,无论是华人还是其它种族人的歧视。这是许多年来一直存在的问题,尽管这里的中国人越来越多,这种现象仍然没有改变,在我看来,更甚从前。

我觉得,新加坡人之所以会歧视中国人,不外乎几个原因:

一 落后

在新加坡人眼中,中国就是落后的国家,中国人当然也就是落后的农村人,无论你来自上海,北京还是哪个大城市,在他们眼中,你就是一个什么都不懂的农村人,就算你大学本科毕业,来到这里,幸运的别人会把你当成这里的高中生对待,不幸的就不知道受到什么待遇了。飞速发展的中国,已经不再像从前那么落后了,有些外国人也渐渐的对中国人刮目相看,但是今天,新加坡仍然看不起中国人。

二 一条臭鱼, 坏了一锅汤

这样形容是绝对的贴切的。某些中国女人,来到这里就做一些不正当的工作,这只是有些人,但是,她们没有想过,来到异国,她们代表的是整个国家,她们的形象会影响到整个国人的形象。当然,自从看了《性工作者十日谈》这个电影后,我不想再歧视那些做鸡的女人,或许她们真的是生活所迫吧。就这样,新加坡人讨厌中国人,尤其是新加坡的女人更讨厌中国的女人。还有就是前几年闹的沸沸扬扬的陪读妈妈事件,父母为了子女受到更好的教育,而让他们来这边发展,这当然是对的,可是如果做父母的没有这个能力来支付巨额的学费和生活费,还逞强做什么呢?你来了这里做鸡挣钱供子女读书,如果他们知道了真相,是会感激你,还是恨你呢?倒不如让他们和其它留在中国的孩子一样,接受正常的传统教育,做个普通的中国学生,也没有什么不好的,毕竟在中国读书成长,也有成才的一天。

三 中国人英语太差

有人说,来这里不错,不用学英文也可以生存,到处都能看到华语,到处都有提倡学华语的标幅。可是事实胜于一切,英语在这个地方是特别的重要。在这里,只有低等的人才会讲华语,讲的还不是标准的普通话,都是些广东话,客家话。马来人,印度人不会讲华语,但是他们都会讲流利的英语,所以找工作的时候,用人单位更喜欢雇佣会讲英文的马来人和印度人,而大多数小摊,巴刹那些端盘子送水的人,都是中国人。这里政府表面上大力提倡学华语,学校也开设华语课程,可是实际并没有如此重视。我的学生告诉我,她们在学校里,只有华语课可以讲华语,其它时间如果谁讲华语被老师听到,会挨骂的。这是让我意想不到的,同时也证明了别人说的一句话,华语老师是个地位很底的职业。

四 中国人 忍气吞声

新加坡人最会的就是投诉,稍有不满意的地方就会去投诉,当然这里也有相应的部门来捍卫他们的权力,所以这边的人很嚣张,不行我就投诉,吓死你们。记得有人提醒过我,在学生面前说话一定要小心,万一说了哪句话,传到家长的耳朵里,如果让她觉得不爽,你就等着校长找你谈话吧,轻一点的,被投诉到学校,重的就会被投诉到教育部,你有理也说不清。中国人,遇到事情往往就忍气吞声了,总觉得在异国他乡,多一事不如少一事,新加坡人可能也抓住了中国人这样的心理,总觉得中国人就是窝囊,任他怎么欺负也都没有关系。有句话不是说,忍无可忍,无需再忍了吗?我们也会投诉,干嘛要忍着,可是投诉到人家的政府,政府会向着谁呢?

五 中国人抢了他们的“饭碗”

这一点,不能怪别人,只能怪新加坡人自己太懒惰,他们不喜欢做的工作,中国人来做,那有什么不对的,是你们自己不想做的,不是我们中国人来你手里抢的,所以不要说中国人抢了你们的饭碗,都是你们自愿的。现在新加坡人后悔了,有人在报纸上发牢骚,告诉政府不要再引进太多外来的人员了,新加坡人自己就业都成问题,可是话说回来,你不想做的职业,现在给你,你还是不想做,谁让你们眼高手低,怨不得别人。

虽然有时自己不想承认,但确实受到不平等的待遇,或许这是没有办法的事情,就像有人告诉我那样,你在中国,外省的人去上海,还要受到上海人的歧视呢,自己国家的人都这样,何况在外国呢?或许这样想可以安慰一下中国人受伤的心。希望慢慢的,中国人可以团结起来,力量大了,当然会有人害怕。

65er

Alfrescian
Loyal
OMG! do I like your translation "...make money cooking chicken for their children's education..."
Was it done by machine?

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
C'mon , is it just the PRC ? How about Indie, Ang-Mo and all other so label as FT ! I guess some find themselve being squeeze out as our leader keep bragging they are cheaper, faster and more eager to improve and we ? Loser.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read this book if u want to know the reason :

1dbe36c622a06ebe90fb9110.L._SL500_AA300_.jpg