• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Do Indians Eat Pungent Kari Everyday?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
In the spirit of understanding minorities and fostering racial integration, I am asking a honest question, so please don't flame me as a racist hokay.

You see hor, I am half Chink half AMDK. I eat salad, fishball mee, cheekon rice, duck rice, beef steak, pork chop, roti prata, chicken curry, satay, mee rebus, gado gado, mee goreng, pasta, sushi, sashimi etc.

But why Indians every day must eat pungent Kari and More Kari??? Is there a scientific reason to this diet of Kari Kari day in day out, every meal also Kari?

Why huh? Eat so much Kari not sian meh?

I swear to Lord Leongsam I am not racist. Just for better understanding of Indians, especially those CECA ah nehs...

Mark9999

Alfrescian
Loyal
I cannot imagine my life without curry.

The smell of the magical blend of bay leave, cardamom, chili, coriander, cumin, curry powder, pounded mixture of garlic, ginger and onions...

Oooh Lah Lah!

Correct. Those spices have health benefits.
To include Cinnamon, Turmeric,
coconut milk or yoghurt.

As with food, eat with moderation.

Btw zhihau, tiagong eat curry can energise our "thing"; hence powderful for Tantric sex?
Your opinion?

ilovechinesegal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Curry is most popular food in UK and japan.
Chinese food no taste. Bland.

U are wrong. Chinese food has the most variety. Even ang mo copied chinese noodles to become spaghetti. Chinese has the best food in the world and too many to name it. Even amdk fucking like chinese food. So creative. I went aus as my friend studied there and u can see ang mo fucking like dim sum and is like nothing to us chinks. Too bad most are not halal so m&ds cant enjoy.

Mark9999

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eat already cheebye smelly....

Screenshot_2019-10-03-09-16-50-1.png

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
In the spirit of understanding minorities and fostering racial integration, I am asking a honest question, so please don't flame me as a racist hokay.

You see hor, I am half Chink half AMDK. I eat salad, fishball mee, cheekon rice, duck rice, beef steak, pork chop, roti prata, chicken curry, satay, mee rebus, gado gado, mee goreng, pasta, sushi, sashimi etc.

But why Indians every day must eat pungent Kari and More Kari??? Is there a scientific reason to this diet of Kari Kari day in day out, every meal also Kari?

I swear to Lord Leongsam I am not racist. Just for better understanding of Indians, especially those CECA ah nehs...
You don't need the disclaimer that you are not racist. We all are, and some of us are very proud of it. Racism preserves and protects our own kind. Other race fuck us, we fuck them back. Well, figuratively. And sometimes literally too. :biggrin: And btw, fuck those fucking CECA nehs!:FU::biggrin:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's an excuse for them to eat ultra sweet desserts

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like thosai/Dosa, nan and prata too. Favourite curry is Butter Chicken or Chicken Tikka Masala:thumbsup: Shitskin's contribution to my once a month feast. Cannot eat too often, will get diabetes and heart attack.:biggrin:

sayan-majumder145630466456cd7218bf79c.jpg
51007104_781670635503194_1627416881444945920_n.jpg
Finish it up with ah neh diabetic enhancers..

The Ultimate Guide to Indian Desserts
Pin
FLIPBOARD
Email
An Indian sweet shop in Mysore, India.
Ashley Cooper/Getty Images
If you have a sweet tooth, India is the place to satisfy your cravings! Forget about being calorie conscious. You'll want to sample as many exotic Indian desserts as possible. Most bear little resemblance to western sweets though. This guide will help remove the confusion, so you'll know what to order and can indulge to your heart's (and stomach's) content.

of 11
Gulab Jamun
Gulab jamun.
ImagesBazaar/Getty Images
Possibly the most popular dessert in India, gulab jamum is super sweet and sticky, and wickedly irresistible! These soft spongy balls are made from a dough of flour and milk powder (or condensed milk), fried and soaked in syrup. They're often flavored with cardamon and rose, which gives rise to their name, meaning "rose berry" in Hindi.

Kerala, in south India, has a similar version of gulab jamun called unni appam. It's made from rice flour, jaggery (unrefined sugar), banana, and coconut.

of 11
Kulfi
Kulfi - Indian ice cream with pistachios
Joff Lee/Getty Images
Kulfi is India's version of ice cream. It's much creamier and denser than normal ice cream though, as it's not whipped before freezing. The milk is simply boiled to reduce its volume and thicken it. Traditionally, kulfi is flavored with cardamon. However, other flavors include mango, pistachio, saffron, vanilla, and rose. Sometimes, it's served as falooda kulfi, with the addition of thin noodles and dried fruits.

of 11
Halwa
Gajar ka halwa in a bowl
Zohaib Hussain/Getty Images
This classic Indian dessert is most prevalent in the form of gajar ka halwa (carrot halwa). It came to India from the royal Mughal kitchens and is particularly popular in north India during winter. The main ingredient is grated carrots. It's cooked with milk, sugar, and generous amount of ghee.

In south India, rava kesari (kesari halwa) is cherished in the same way that gajar ka halwa is in the north, and is made using the same method. Rava (semolina) is roasted in ghee, and then cooked with sugar and water. Saffron is also added to give it color.

Know where to go!
Kheer and Phirni
Close-up of phirni served in bowls on table
Kheer and phirni are types of traditional Indian rice milk puddings. While whole rice is used in kheer, phirni is made with ground rice, giving it a smoother and creamier texture. Both are usually flavored with saffron and cardamom, and topped with nuts and dried fruit. However, phirni is always served chilled, whereas kheer can be served warm as well.

Payasam is the south Indian version of kheer. It's frequently served during festivals and is one of the main dishes in Kerala's Onam festival Onasadhya feast.

Continue to 5 of 11 below.
of 11
Rabri
Fresh rabri
Sneha Srivastva/Getty Images
Another milk-based Indian dessert, rabri consists of sweetened and thickened milk. This ultimate indulgence is very fattening, especially when it has layers of cream in it! Spices, typically cardamom and saffron, and nuts are added to it as well. It's especially delicious when eaten with other desserts, such as gulab jamun and jalebi. In West Bengal and Odisha, mishti doi is similar to rabri, but without the nuts and spices.

of 11
Laddoo
Indian laddoo
There are many different recipes for this ubiquitous ball-shaped festive sweet that's a staple at any special occasion in India. In fact, every region has its own specialty. It's popularly made from gram/chickpea flour, ground coconut, or semolina. Milk, sugar, ghee, and dried fruits are other ingredients. India's most famous laddoo has been distributed to devotees at Tirupati temple, in Andhra Pradesh, for more than 300 years. Production is a massive undertaking, with an average of 300,000 pieces sold per day!

of 11
Barfi
Kaju barfi
Keren Sequeira /Getty Images
Barfi is a renowned Indian fudge dessert that gets its name from the Persian word meaning "snow". The main ingredient is condensed milk but barfi comes in many varieties. Kaaju barfi (with cashews) and pista barfi (with ground pistachios) are the most common. Don't be alarmed by the silver foil that often covers it -- it's edible!

of 11
Jalebi
Jalebis for sale in market
Ranjith Nellithala /Getty Images
There's nothing healthy at all about colorful orange jalebi, but this sweet is oh so tasty! It's essentially deep-fried coils of dough made from refined flour and soaked in saffron sugar syrup. Jalebi isn't unique to India. Its origins can be traced back to the Middle East, and it's believed to have been brought to India by Persian invaders. However, there's no doubt that India has passionately adopted the jalebi. You'll find it freshly sizzling at street food stalls across the country.

Continue to 9 of 11 below.
of 11
Rasgulla/Rasagola
Top view of rasgulla
Madhurima Sil/Getty Images
Spongy white rasgulla balls are made from cottage cheese, semolina, and sugar syrup. This Indian dessert has cult status in West Bengal and Odisha, and in recent years these two states have been engaged in fierce debate over its origin. The common belief is that a confectioner from Kolkata named Nobin Chandra Das created the rasgulla in 1868, after much experimentation. However, the Odisha government says it has evidence that rasgulla (called rasagola there) existed in the state before 1500 and was first served at the Jagannath temple in Puri. Odisha holds a Rasagola Dibasa festival in July to celebrate the sweet.

of 11
Soan Papdi
Soan papdi/patisa/sohan papdi
Veena Nair/Getty Images
Flaky and light, soan papdi is a north Indian dessert that will melt in your mouth like cotton candy. It's a must during Diwali festival celebrations. A huge sugar rush is guaranteed! The main ingredients are a mixture of gram and refined flour, sugar syrup, ghee, and milk. Cardamom and nuts are optional. This sweet is difficult to prepare though, as an intensive process is required to give it its fluffy texture.

of 11
Kesar Peda
Kesar peda
Wikipedia Commons
A kind of soft milk fudge, peda is made from milk and sugar that's heated and thickened. It's believed to have originated from Mathura, the holy birthplace of Lord Krishna, in Uttar Pradesh. The most popular version is kesar peda, flavored with saffron (kesar) and topped with pistachio.

Was this page helpful?
Hyderabad Biryani

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Finish it up with ah neh diabetic enhancers..

The Ultimate Guide to Indian Desserts
Pin
FLIPBOARD
Email
An Indian sweet shop in Mysore, India.
Ashley Cooper/Getty Images
If you have a sweet tooth, India is the place to satisfy your cravings! Forget about being calorie conscious. You'll want to sample as many exotic Indian desserts as possible. Most bear little resemblance to western sweets though. This guide will help remove the confusion, so you'll know what to order and can indulge to your heart's (and stomach's) content.

of 11
Gulab Jamun
Gulab jamun.
ImagesBazaar/Getty Images
Possibly the most popular dessert in India, gulab jamum is super sweet and sticky, and wickedly irresistible! These soft spongy balls are made from a dough of flour and milk powder (or condensed milk), fried and soaked in syrup. They're often flavored with cardamon and rose, which gives rise to their name, meaning "rose berry" in Hindi.

Kerala, in south India, has a similar version of gulab jamun called unni appam. It's made from rice flour, jaggery (unrefined sugar), banana, and coconut.

of 11
Kulfi
Kulfi - Indian ice cream with pistachios
Joff Lee/Getty Images
Kulfi is India's version of ice cream. It's much creamier and denser than normal ice cream though, as it's not whipped before freezing. The milk is simply boiled to reduce its volume and thicken it. Traditionally, kulfi is flavored with cardamon. However, other flavors include mango, pistachio, saffron, vanilla, and rose. Sometimes, it's served as falooda kulfi, with the addition of thin noodles and dried fruits.

of 11
Halwa
Gajar ka halwa in a bowl
This classic Indian dessert is most prevalent in the form of gajar ka halwa (carrot halwa). It came to India from the royal Mughal kitchens and is particularly popular in north India during winter. The main ingredient is grated carrots. It's cooked with milk, sugar, and generous amount of ghee.

In south India, rava kesari (kesari halwa) is cherished in the same way that gajar ka halwa is in the north, and is made using the same method. Rava (semolina) is roasted in ghee, and then cooked with sugar and water. Saffron is also added to give it color.

Know where to go!
Kheer and Phirni
Close-up of phirni served in bowls on table
Kheer and phirni are types of traditional Indian rice milk puddings. While whole rice is used in kheer, phirni is made with ground rice, giving it a smoother and creamier texture. Both are usually flavored with saffron and cardamom, and topped with nuts and dried fruit. However, phirni is always served chilled, whereas kheer can be served warm as well.

Payasam is the south Indian version of kheer. It's frequently served during festivals and is one of the main dishes in Kerala's Onam festival Onasadhya feast.

Continue to 5 of 11 below.
of 11
Rabri
Fresh rabri
Another milk-based Indian dessert, rabri consists of sweetened and thickened milk. This ultimate indulgence is very fattening, especially when it has layers of cream in it! Spices, typically cardamom and saffron, and nuts are added to it as well. It's especially delicious when eaten with other desserts, such as gulab jamun and jalebi. In West Bengal and Odisha, mishti doi is similar to rabri, but without the nuts and spices.

of 11
Laddoo
Indian laddoo
There are many different recipes for this ubiquitous ball-shaped festive sweet that's a staple at any special occasion in India. In fact, every region has its own specialty. It's popularly made from gram/chickpea flour, ground coconut, or semolina. Milk, sugar, ghee, and dried fruits are other ingredients. India's most famous laddoo has been distributed to devotees at Tirupati temple, in Andhra Pradesh, for more than 300 years. Production is a massive undertaking, with an average of 300,000 pieces sold per day!

of 11
Barfi
Kaju barfi
Keren Sequeira /Getty Images
Barfi is a renowned Indian fudge dessert that gets its name from the Persian word meaning "snow". The main ingredient is condensed milk but barfi comes in many varieties. Kaaju barfi (with cashews) and pista barfi (with ground pistachios) are the most common. Don't be alarmed by the silver foil that often covers it -- it's edible!

of 11
Jalebi
Jalebis for sale in market
Ranjith Nellithala /Getty Images
There's nothing healthy at all about colorful orange jalebi, but this sweet is oh so tasty! It's essentially deep-fried coils of dough made from refined flour and soaked in saffron sugar syrup. Jalebi isn't unique to India. Its origins can be traced back to the Middle East, and it's believed to have been brought to India by Persian invaders. However, there's no doubt that India has passionately adopted the jalebi. You'll find it freshly sizzling at street food stalls across the country.

Continue to 9 of 11 below.
of 11
Rasgulla/Rasagola
Top view of rasgulla
Madhurima Sil/Getty Images
Spongy white rasgulla balls are made from cottage cheese, semolina, and sugar syrup. This Indian dessert has cult status in West Bengal and Odisha, and in recent years these two states have been engaged in fierce debate over its origin. The common belief is that a confectioner from Kolkata named Nobin Chandra Das created the rasgulla in 1868, after much experimentation. However, the Odisha government says it has evidence that rasgulla (called rasagola there) existed in the state before 1500 and was first served at the Jagannath temple in Puri. Odisha holds a Rasagola Dibasa festival in July to celebrate the sweet.

of 11
Soan Papdi
Soan papdi/patisa/sohan papdi
Veena Nair/Getty Images
Flaky and light, soan papdi is a north Indian dessert that will melt in your mouth like cotton candy. It's a must during Diwali festival celebrations. A huge sugar rush is guaranteed! The main ingredients are a mixture of gram and refined flour, sugar syrup, ghee, and milk. Cardamom and nuts are optional. This sweet is difficult to prepare though, as an intensive process is required to give it its fluffy texture.

of 11
Kesar Peda
Kesar peda
Wikipedia Commons
A kind of soft milk fudge, peda is made from milk and sugar that's heated and thickened. It's believed to have originated from Mathura, the holy birthplace of Lord Krishna, in Uttar Pradesh. The most popular version is kesar peda, flavored with saffron (kesar) and topped with pistachio.

Was this page helpful?
Hyderabad Biryani
Yeah, they like their desserts and drinks so fucking sweet it's unbelievable. Used to tell them, tea or kopi less sugar. It always come as 90% of original strength. Now I order kosong. Crazy nehs.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so many ah neh now living in sillycon valley can smell curry for breakfast in the morning, curry for lunch at noon, curry for teatime in the afternoon, curry for dinner in the evening, and curry for supper at night. whole valley is now kali wali. :confused:

Last edited: