• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why do Hakka, Teochew, Cantonese claim pure northern Han heritage?

Mercury

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do Hakka, Teochew, Cantonese always claim pure northern Han heritage when they are not? I'm Hokkien but I've never heard an Hokkien claiming they are North Chinese and clearly genetic shows all southern Chinese to be closer to aborigines, even though they are all mixed with Han Chinese. But yet till this day they still claim to be the pure descendants of Northern Chinese? I understand the great Chinese civilization happened in north China and the most of the dynasties, emperor and generals were also from the north accept for Ming dynasty and CCP which was founded by South Chinese. But do you guys even know that northern China has been conquered like 12-15 times by non-Han Chinese, and in most of their history they were died the most from wars and famine. So claiming northern Chinese heritage isn't an great thing it's actually quite humiliating, at least Southern China at best was ruled only by Mongols and Manchus, but northern China got conquered and ruled by so many non-Han Chinese dynasties. And only South Chinese ruled the Manchus and Mongols today.

Last edited:

Mercury

Alfrescian
Loyal
teochew got claim northern chinese meh? Cantonese got meh? So far i hear only hakkas can claim to be north cos they are guests and not from the southern china region.

Btw i read that teochews are closer to the real chinese compared to the hokkiens or some shit like that.

Yes that is true, in Guangdong and Fujian that is. Teochew are the most northern Chinese, next comes Hokkiens, than Hakka, than Cantonese. But only if you compare with the Han Chinese in Guangdong, Guangxi, Fujian, than Teochew are most Han Chinese. However any other southern Chinese province are already more northern Han than Teochew. An Han Chinese from Hunan or Jiangxi is already more Northern Chinese than any Teochew.

Some ignorant Cantonese are claiming to be northern Chinese which is funny, even though Cantonese are not true southern aborigine who were sinicized like the Tanka or Pinghua, DNA still shows they are the least Han Chinese of all Guangdong despite the fact they have Han blood.

Hakka are only more northern Han Chinese than Cantonese, so they really stop with the claim they are northern Chinese.
2r3lfy8.jpg

307u6j5.png

Last edited:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sUMJMk7U3sk?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sUMJMk7U3sk?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Mercury

Alfrescian
Loyal
Han Chinese is more of a cultural identification than a genetic one.

Yes, you're 100% correct about that. Han Chinese is more of an cultural identification than a genetic one I've never doubted that, there's no a billion Chinese can all be the same. But some Han Chinese doesn't understand and so desperate claiming northern heritage.

Orion

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do Hakka, Teochew, Cantonese always claim pure northern Han heritage when they are not? I'm Hokkien but I've never heard an Hokkien claiming they are North Chinese and clearly genetic shows all southern Chinese to be closer to aborigines, even though they are all mixed with Han Chinese. But yet till this day they still claim to be the pure descendants of Northern Chinese? I understand the great Chinese civilization happened in north China and the most of the dynasties, emperor and generals were also from the north accept for Ming dynasty and CCP which was founded by South Chinese. But do you guys even know that northern China has been conquered like 12-15 times by non-Han Chinese, and in most of their history they were died the most from wars and famine. So claiming northern Chinese heritage isn't an great thing it's actually quite humiliating, at least Southern China at best was ruled only by Mongols and Manchus, but northern China got conquered and ruled by so many non-Han Chinese dynasties. And only South Chinese ruled the Manchus and Mongols today.

There are many groups of Hokkien too. Just because you think u can speak Fujian, doesn't mean you can communicate with the native Fujian people as there are many dialects.

The most pure Han Chinese have a split nails on their little toes. That is the mark of the Han Chinese.

Just because a person is born in the south, it doesn't means that they are not Hua Xia (Central Plain Chinese) either. Before the Han Dynasty, the Chinese are known as the Hua Xia people. The first dynasty of the Chinese is known as the Xia Dynasty. Their descendents came to populate the South like Fujian, Zhejiang, Guangdong and Vietnam; they are known as the Yue people. In fact, ever heard of the Yue King? The King of Yue, Wu, Chu co-exists as kings along with the Zhou during the Zhou Dynasty era.

In fact, the Yellow Emperor seems to come from Kunlun, from the Southwest where he is still remembered today by the minority people.

Orion

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, you're 100% correct about that. Han Chinese is more of an cultural identification than a genetic one I've never doubted that, there's no a billion Chinese can all be the same. But some Han Chinese doesn't understand and so desperate claiming northern heritage.

Not many claim that actually. The blood lines are all mixed now. Only the Clan names give clues to their origin. There have always been migration between south and north all the time for the past 5000 years. The Han Ethnic Group is a name group that acknowledges a person as having a Chinese Clan and origin now, it doesnt matter if they call themselves the Zhou ppl, the Tang ppl etc.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">

</object><object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dVQF1Dr6usU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dVQF1Dr6usU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Last edited:

Mercury

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are many groups of Hokkien too. Just because you think u can speak Fujian, doesn't mean you can communicate with the native Fujian people as there are many dialects.

The most pure Han Chinese have a split nails on their little toes. That is the mark of the Han Chinese.

Just because a person is born in the south, it doesn't means that they are not Hua Xia (Central Plain Chinese) either. Before the Han Dynasty, the Chinese are known as the Hua Xia people. The first dynasty of the Chinese is known as the Xia Dynasty. Their descendents came to populate the South like Fujian, Zhejiang, Guangdong and Vietnam; they are known as the Yue people. In fact, ever heard of the Yue King? The King of Yue, Wu, Chu co-exists as kings along with the Zhou during the Zhou Dynasty era.

In fact, the Yellow Emperor seems to come from Kunlun, from the Southwest where he is still remembered today by the minority people.

The Yellow emperor did NOT come from Kunlun, and there's no modern scholar or historian that says he comes from Kunlun of southwest of China. He was born in Youxiong (present Xinzheng of Henan Province).

Last edited:

Royalblood

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have never heard of imperial China (or in your words, northern China) being conquered 12 - 15 times by foreign invaders. The most the foreign invaders, which are mostly barbarians from the steppes, had done to imperial China was to sack a few minor cities, but always got pushed back to the steppes. Their constant harassment ultimately caused the creation of the great wall of China and extension of it over the dynasties to keep the barbarians out of China. The foreign invaders had never been able to reach the capital to overthrow the emperor.

Notably, only the Manchus and Mongols were able to do that. But again, they couldn't have take down the whole of imperial China if not for the "help" of some traitorous Chinese subjects.

Mercury

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have never heard of imperial China (or in your words, northern China) being conquered 12 - 15 times by foreign invaders. The most the foreign invaders, which are mostly barbarians from the steppes, had done to imperial China was to sack a few minor cities, but always got pushed back to the steppes. Their constant harassment ultimately caused the creation of the great wall of China and extension of it over the dynasties to keep the barbarians out of China. The foreign invaders had never been able to reach the capital to overthrow the emperor.

Notably, only the Manchus and Mongols were able to do that. But again, they couldn't have take down the whole of imperial China if not for the "help" of some traitorous Chinese subjects.

Let me give an list for you.

( not in order)

Xiongnu ( one small part of north China)
Jin dynasty (north China)
Khitan dynasty ( north China)
Northern Wei ( north China)
Western Xia dynasty ( north China)
State of former Qin ( north China )
State of northern Zhou ( north China )
16 kingdoms in different times ( north China)
5 barbarian kingdoms ( different kingdoms in different times in northern China)
Yuan dynasty ( All of China)
Qing dynasty ( All of China)

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In modern times, Does it really matter if one is a northern or southern Chinese? Does one particular type live longer or can stand longer in bed?

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have the impression that Chinese civilisation started in the western region of China.
The capitals of the early dynasty were Xian and loyang; and it was only during the Ming dynasty that the capital were moved to the north in Beijing.

Mercury

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have the impression that Chinese civilisation started in the western region of China.
The capitals of the early dynasty were Xian and loyang; and it was only during the Ming dynasty that the capital were moved to the north in Beijing.

Well you're 100% wrong. Chinese civilization started in the Yellow river of Henan with 5000 years of history of Central/North China. Xiang has only 3100 years of history, Luoyang is in northern China of Henan province.

babuSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
when did all these dialects claim northern heritage? one look at northern chinese you will know.....tall, slender and very small eyes.....

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no official race classification for Hakka, Teochew and Cantonese because they belonged to a piece of land called China.
Unless you are like the Japanese living on an island away from the mainland.

Apeing the Japs, the Taiwanese tried their luck to identify themselves as Taiwanese instead of Chinese, so far still faraway from success.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apparently, these southern Chinese are confused. They are aborigines, no different from the ones in Australia, similar to those apes who just learnt how to walk on the ground.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In modern times, Does it really matter if one is a northern or southern Chinese? Does one particular type live longer or can stand longer in bed?

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. how daft to be associated with chins, north or south?
3. just be ourselves, that is self-esteem 101.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cantonese are aboriginal Han mixed race.
Other southern Chinese could be sinonised non hans that lost their culture and langauge.
Most minorities in china such as the Manchus, Bai, Yi can't speak their own languages anymore.

After watching the video above I definitely look more northern than southern cos I'm hakka.
People always say I look like China man, even china man also say I look at china man.