• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why bus/met fares reduced in April?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why not in Feb or March? Why must wait until April, is it PAPs idea of April fools joke :smile: or softening the ground for elections :rolleyes:

oops sorry mrt not met

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
very obviously dun want to hurt the p and l for these companies mah...after they finish their quarter reporting first...hee

silverspoon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe start of a new quarter...easy to track...

QUOTE=johnny333;174357]Why not in Feb or March? Why must wait until April, is it PAPs idea of April fools joke :smile: or softening the ground for elections :rolleyes:

oops sorry mrt not met[/QUOTE]

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe start of a new quarter...easy to track...

QUOTE=johnny333;174357]Why not in Feb or March? Why must wait until April, is it PAPs idea of April fools joke :smile: or softening the ground for elections :rolleyes:

oops sorry mrt not met
[/QUOTE]

Why is that when it comes to money PAP seems to have accounting problems e.g. Prez Ong request for figures, ERP can't keep track of cars for monthly bill, ... :rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
very obviously dun want to hurt the p and l for these companies mah...after they finish their quarter reporting first...hee

Then why not wait until just 1 day or 1 month before April & then announce the fare reduction :confused:

They obviously under pressure to announce "good" news. I smell an election comming :eek:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Then why not wait until just 1 day or 1 month before April & then announce the fare reduction :confused:

They obviously under pressure to announce "good" news. I smell an election comming :eek:
skali sum ppl cant perform as well as dey wanted 2 during ze erections ...

lose face, go n cancel fare reduction wif immediate effect ... lidat no loss incurred ... :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
skali sum ppl cant perform as well as dey wanted 2 during ze erections ...

lose face, go n cancel fare reduction wif immediate effect ... lidat no loss incurred ... :biggrin:

How can lidat lah :smile:

If you look at Potng Pasir, they threaten no train services if people didn't vote PAP. But PAP got very soft heart$$$ & let trains stop at Potomg Pasir.:eek:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Notice how much more crowded and the reduction of the frequency of the buses and trains again?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Notice how much more crowded and the reduction of the frequency of the buses and trains again?

I didn't notice any improvements.

It might be because I don't work downtown. More trains going towards town while outgoing trains get taken out of service at the Angmo Kio station :rolleyes:

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was telling my friend today that there would not be election unless they reduce the public transport fares, and I came back to read this article hahaha!

KNN, PTC every non-election year increase public transport fares, only this year no increase but reduce, isn't that politicizing the issue? CCB Raymond Limp please explain!

Whatever they reduce now they will take back in years to come. So vote with your eyes open!!!

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not in Feb or March? Why must wait until April, is it PAPs idea of April fools joke :smile: or softening the ground for elections :rolleyes:

oops sorry mrt not met

Lesser mortals would predictably fall for that poisoned carrot ploy yet again. Happy for a temporary price reduction that is soon to be announced and then whacked later by a larger price increase after the PAP is returned yet again.

laukk

Alfrescian
Loyal
they had just increase the fare in oct so they can show a better profit figures when they close for the financial year come 31 mar 09 mah and the CEOs/Directors can ask for better bonus !!!
1st april they start with the new financial year.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they had just increase the fare in oct so they can show a better profit figures when they close for the financial year come 31 mar 09 mah and the CEOs/Directors can ask for better bonus !!!
1st april they start with the new financial year.

Good THEORY but I think too complicated lah. We all know the board of directors & major shareholders are biased and don't answer to the public :rolleyes:

GLC nowadays very shameful, if they want , they take. Lesser mortals can only watch in disbelief :rolleyes:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

oops sorry mrt not met

When Price increase with immediate effect.
When price drop you wait long long....long......:mad:

jw5

Loyal

oops sorry mrt not met
It's already late Feb. Can't change on 1 Feb.
They will need time to change the systems for the mrt and buses. Concession stamps for March would have already been printed. Perhaps too late to change for 1 March.
Hence 1 April, April Fool's Day.
Having said that, I think that the decrease should be greater.

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal
So most commuters would save a handsome 2cents per trip without transfers. making it at least 4 cents per day or 20 cents for a 5-day week. Wow, this seems like a big saving from the operators perspective, so commuters must be thankful.