• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why are the Aussies doing so badly at the London 2012 Olympics?

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A measly 2 gold medals as of Day 10. Even the Kiwis have more.
What's going on?

Medal Count.jpg

Sarcastic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Won against a Cuban who's a 20cm or 1.5ft shorter than her. Both managing 7.5m, just won by a weeny comeback count.

Your Cheena is not even in the list. :rolleyes: Why? Because they are of a different class and level. Can only play ulu, low prestige games like PING PONG, Badminton. :eek::biggrin::rolleyes:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why are you highlighting the USA medal count but showing me the breakdown medal tally for Australia? :confused:

One gold medal in swimming for a country that has a long Olympic tradition in this sport is pathetic.
They won 14 gold medals in Beijing 2008 of which 6 were in the pool.

By their standards, these games has been a disaster.

Last edited:

Sarcastic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why are you highlighting the USA medal count but showing me the breakdown medal tally for Australia? :confused:

The webpage that i captured the total medals count is yahoo US so their default highlight would be their own country. It's the same for yahoo Canada. Try it. The difference is the format and placing for total medals at 9 for yahoo US and yours at 18. :rolleyes:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. my dearest down under is poorer mah.
3. it does not pay its athletes millions for medals hoh.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aussies have become soft with all that welfare they are enjoying even though they are big on sports there.

valiant20

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Some comments/perspective as seen in the Australian Media:

- Aussie Olympians aren't as hungry as before. Used to be terribly dissappointed like LCW from M'sia when they don't get the Gold. They are more acceptable of Silver and Bronze as compared to before

- The better coaches get diverted to coaching olympians from other countries, due to better $$. I.e. A lot of swimmers from China are trained in Australia by Australians. Ye Shiwen's swimming ability got defended by her Australian Coach and her fellow Australian Training Partners

A few others perspectives/comments out there. Just search for it, but these 2 are more prominent.

Following the 2nd point.. if the coaching &/or resources got diverted from coaching FTW to coaching a local born table tennis player (we don't know if there is or not such a local talent), would a local born be the one getting the bronze olympic medal? Something to think about..

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
With 1 pathetic bronze medal, Singapore must be the softest welfare state in the world. :rolleyes:

You are correct, life is very comfortable here. Too comfortable. Thats why singkies like you use company time not to work but to complain complain complain.

chorut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your Cheena is not even in the list. :rolleyes: Why? Because they are of a different class and level. Can only play ulu, low prestige games like PING PONG, Badminton. :eek::biggrin::rolleyes:

Is that all you know about China's all-rounder sports? China's medals, especially gold are in MANY MORE events than USA.
Make me laugh. 1/3 of USA medals come from swimming. Take swimming away from Olympics, USA will end at 36th position. LOL!

Even the 100m and 400m, which are the most prestigious events of track and field, also cannot get a gold.

At least China excel in sports they concentrate on. USA fail totally and 2012 is Carribean track and field, not American. Jamaica, Dominique Republic, Cuba, Trinidad & Tobago, etc totally took over to win the medals.

You think only USA has African nigger slaves is it? Carribean countries also have Africa nigger slaves, like Usain Bolt, Yohan Blake, Asafa Powell, etc.

Then, you also have African niggers from Africa too, like Ethiopia, Kenya, Ghana, etc...all nigger blacks.

France and Britain's track and field medals are just as obviously using African nigger blacks. Shameful.

For USA, it tries to win medals in tennis, basketball, football, etc using African nigger slaves. Really disgraceful, I don't know what to say.

China win medals with its Han ethnic group, not like the disgraceful white trash countries, which use Africa nigger slaves and emigrant Africans's backsides to be their faces. LOL!

China rules and is now top of the table on Day 10, already 2 days into track and field, and USA is still smelling China's farts.

Wake up.

Last edited: