• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why are sinkies forced to take mRNA "vaccines"?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
The anti-vax movement had been around before covid pandemic. It attracted the same conspiracy theorists as the Flat Earthers but gained traction in North America due to their abysmal education standards.

However my concern for mRNA "vaccine" technology is not based on pseudo-scientific quackery. Gene therapy application is still in experimental phase and the risk of global deployment is questionable on multiple levels
From a practical standpoint, vaxxing pass ports are bee cumings a reality so if you want travel you need to show proof of vaxxing nation. Yous need reliable one else your world most powder full pass port is good as use less with out it. Where sinovac places in efficacy now and later remains to be seen. :cool:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
mRNA is not gene therapy.

The term "gene therapy" seems to be going through much redefinition lately. Probably due to how new the field is... Or there's some agenda to reclassify mRNA technology. It can all be just semantics.

Either way, I read what it does inside the human immunosystem and I am not ready to be a space monkey. Gimme a tried and tested vaccine application any day

This is from a website last updated on 21 May 2021:

https://patienteducation.asgct.org/covid19-vaccines/mrna-vaccines-for-covid19

What is mRNA?​

Messenger RNA, or mRNA, are molecules within the body that contain genetic instructions for cells to make proteins that are required for the body to function properly.

How does an mRNA vaccine work?​

MRNA vaccines deliver synthetic mRNA molecules into cells, instructing them to make antigens. An antigen is a foreign invader that the immune system recognizes as not being part of itself, such as the protein surface of a virus. In the case of the COVID-19 mRNA vaccines, cells are instructed to only make the SARS Cov-2 spike protein, which is just enough to activate the immune system. But the cells are not given enough instructions to make a full virus, so the vaccine cannot cause COVID-19. Unlike conventional vaccines, mRNA vaccines do not use a weakened or killed virus. These antigens then trigger the immune system to produce specific protective antibodies that neutralize the virus–in this case, the antibodies needed to fight COVID-19. So if a person is exposed to COVID-19, the immune system will detect the familiar antigens and produce antibodies to attack them. A vaccinated person’s immune system can better defend against the infection altogether or greatly reduce the severity of the infection.

republicunt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinovac has been approved and ironically is currently the only one that I would trust despite being made by the commies and despite my not being a chink chauvinist.

This is because it uses the traditional "attenuated virus" technology that has a safety record stretching more than 70 years.
That why u r goondu idiot

tiongsrshit

Alfrescian
Loyal
The term "gene therapy" seems to be going through much redefinition lately. Probably due to how new the field is... Or there's some agenda to reclassify mRNA technology. It can all be just semantics.

Either way, I read what it does inside the human immunosystem and I am not ready to be a space monkey. Gimme a tried and tested vaccine application any day

mRNA is ang moh vaccine, very safe and good. Proven

tiong vaccine is lap sap kill you one

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal

What kind of "gene therapy" are you referring to? If you are thinking mRNA vaccines are a form of gene therapy that will alter your DNA in some way, then sorry to disappoint you. They don't. The mRNA molecules, which are short-lived, don't affect or interact with our DNA because they don't even enter the nucleus of cells where the DNA is stored.

Go read up more in-depth of the technology that goes into the making of the vaccine. You'll be fascinated by the advancements made in medical science. :biggrin:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

For all the damage they may cause, you are still eating a whole lot of GMO food, meats and poultry injected with growth hormones, the long term effects of which are not fully explored. What is a few more weird proteins injected in to your body? :cool:

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
mRNA is ang moh vaccine, very safe and good. Proven

tiong vaccine is lap sap kill you one
No. Sinovac is an inactivated vaccine. Mordena and Pfizer are mRNA vaccines. One is a traditional vaccine using killed viral particles to expose the body's immune system and the other uses genetic codes to train the immune system to attack. Both are proven to be effective.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
What kind of "gene therapy" are you referring to? If you are thinking mRNA vaccines are a form of gene therapy that will alter your DNA in some way, then sorry to disappoint you. They don't. The mRNA molecules, which are short-lived, don't affect or interact with our DNA because they don't even enter the nucleus of cells where the DNA is stored.

Go read up more in-depth of the technology that goes into the making of the vaccine. You'll be fascinated by the advancements made in medical science. :biggrin:

Nobody took issue with describing mRNA as a form of "gene therapy" prior to 2020 as the article below clearly illustrates.

It was only when mRNA vaccines burst onto the scene with the potential for untold riches for many that "experts" suddenly became pedantic over the use of the term.

mRNA therapy: A new form of gene medicine​

https://medium.com/@hareth.wassiti?source=post_page-----5d859dadd1e--------------------------------
Harry Al-Wassiti
Harry Al-Wassiti

Dec 11, 2019 · 5 min read

1-AEHKRqr3PLlhHWjts804Fg.png

It has been several weeks since I came back from Berlin. I was visiting the international mRNA health conference, where I presented our latest development in the mRNA therapy field. Unlike the USA and Europe, mRNA research in Australia is still a young concept. As far as we know, we are probably one of the only groups in Australia who are actively working on mRNA therapy. On my way back to Australia thinking of all the great discoveries I just witnessed in the conference- I had a thought. I must write about mRNA therapy, so more people can know about it. Because when mRNA therapy reaches its age, it will touch most of us.

So what are mRNA and gene therapies and how do they work?​

To understand this new class of therapies, we must first understand what makes up mRNA and gene therapies. These molecules are known as nucleic acids. In our cells, there are two major types of nucleic acid molecules: Genomic DNA and mRNA. These carry the manual for all the instructions your cells and body need. They are the code for life. The basic principle of traditional gene therapy is to insert or add a DNA molecule, with specific “designed” instructions and is “translated” by your cell as a protein. In the case of gene therapy, it treats people who lack that protein. mRNA, also known as messenger RNA, is naturally found in all our cells. mRNA is responsible for carrying out a message from the DNA that lies inside the nucleus to the cytoplasm. In there, the proteins are made from the mRNA sequence in a process known as translation. So mRNA therapy uses mRNA molecules instead of DNA molecules, thereby bypassing the need for DNA and simplifying the process (See the figure below).

Nucleic acid therapy, whether it is derived from mRNA or DNA, is a transformational concept in medicine. In contrast to conventional drugs- small molecules acting on a protein or a “target” inside your body- nucleic acid therapy instead instruct your body to make or break the proteins inside your cells at a more fundamental level. You could imagine your DNA and mRNA as the operating program system (OS) for life. Much like computer OS, mRNA therapy can reprogram your body to produce its own therapies. An intriguing concept, indeed.

And what are the uses of mRNA therapy?​

Back to Berlin’s conference, many academic and biotech groups presented a wide range of medical applications using mRNA. We and others have envisaged, many times, the range of applications mRNA therapy can have.

Given the mRNA inherent “programmability”, it’s relatively easy to adjust the sequence of mRNA to make, theoretically, any therapeutic protein. This means it can cover a wide range of diseases. Examples of applications that have gone into clinical trials (i.e. trialled in a small number of humans) are cancer immunotherapy, viral vaccines and enzyme replacement therapy for the liver. But the list, as we all expect, won’t stop here. In the context of the human application, many groups and biotech companies presented impressive findings, but these results are still early.

Why is Biotech building mRNA tech?​

Effectiveness: Conventional DNA gene therapy needs to overcome many challenges before it becomes a therapeutically viable option. For DNA gene therapy to be active, it requires to reach not only the cell but the very nucleus inside that cell. This is an incredibly difficult task given that our nuclei have evolved to prevent any foreign DNA from entering (Think viruses!). While mRNA therapy shares some of the difficulties of traditional gene therapy, it requires to reach only the cytoplasm of the cells, not the nucleus. Arguably, this is a simpler technical challenge compared to DNA therapy.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article is about the heritable unit for transmission of biological traits. For other uses, see Gene (disambiguation).

The image above contains clickable links

A gene is a region of DNA that encodes function. A chromosome consists of a long strand of DNA containing many genes. A human chromosome can have up to 500 million base pairs of DNA with thousands of genes.
In biology, a gene (from genos [1] (Greek) meaning generation[2] or birth [1] or gender) is a basic unit of heredity and a sequence of nucleotides in DNA or RNA that encodes the synthesis of a gene product, either RNA or protein.[3][4][5]

During gene expression, the DNA is first copied into RNA. The RNA can be directly functional or be the intermediate template for a protein that performs a function. The transmission of genes to an organism's offspring is the basis of the inheritance of phenotypic traits. These genes make up different DNA
sequences called genotypes. Genotypes along with environmental and developmental factors determine what the phenotypes will be. Most biological traits are under the influence of polygenes (many different genes) as well as gene–environment interactions. Some genetic traits are instantly visible, such as eye color or the number of limbs, and some are not, such as blood type, the risk for specific diseases, or the thousands of basic biochemical processes that constitute life.

QANONSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nobody took issue with describing mRNA as a form of "gene therapy" prior to 2020 as the article below clearly illustrates.

It was only when mRNA vaccines burst onto the scene with the potential for untold riches for many that "experts" suddenly became pedantic over the use of the term.

https://medium.com/@hareth.wassiti?source=post_page-----5d859dadd1e--------------------------------
Harry Al-Wassiti
Harry Al-Wassiti

View attachment 112811

It has been several weeks since I came back from Berlin. I was visiting the international mRNA health conference, where I presented our latest development in the mRNA therapy field. Unlike the USA and Europe, mRNA research in Australia is still a young concept. As far as we know, we are probably one of the only groups in Australia who are actively working on mRNA therapy. On my way back to Australia thinking of all the great discoveries I just witnessed in the conference- I had a thought. I must write about mRNA therapy, so more people can know about it. Because when mRNA therapy reaches its age, it will touch most of us.

To understand this new class of therapies, we must first understand what makes up mRNA and gene therapies. These molecules are known as nucleic acids. In our cells, there are two major types of nucleic acid molecules: Genomic DNA and mRNA. These carry the manual for all the instructions your cells and body need. They are the code for life. The basic principle of traditional gene therapy is to insert or add a DNA molecule, with specific “designed” instructions and is “translated” by your cell as a protein. In the case of gene therapy, it treats people who lack that protein. mRNA, also known as messenger RNA, is naturally found in all our cells. mRNA is responsible for carrying out a message from the DNA that lies inside the nucleus to the cytoplasm. In there, the proteins are made from the mRNA sequence in a process known as translation. So mRNA therapy uses mRNA molecules instead of DNA molecules, thereby bypassing the need for DNA and simplifying the process (See the figure below).

Nucleic acid therapy, whether it is derived from mRNA or DNA, is a transformational concept in medicine. In contrast to conventional drugs- small molecules acting on a protein or a “target” inside your body- nucleic acid therapy instead instruct your body to make or break the proteins inside your cells at a more fundamental level. You could imagine your DNA and mRNA as the operating program system (OS) for life. Much like computer OS, mRNA therapy can reprogram your body to produce its own therapies. An intriguing concept, indeed.

Back to Berlin’s conference, many academic and biotech groups presented a wide range of medical applications using mRNA. We and others have envisaged, many times, the range of applications mRNA therapy can have.

Given the mRNA inherent “programmability”, it’s relatively easy to adjust the sequence of mRNA to make, theoretically, any therapeutic protein. This means it can cover a wide range of diseases. Examples of applications that have gone into clinical trials (i.e. trialled in a small number of humans) are cancer immunotherapy, viral vaccines and enzyme replacement therapy for the liver. But the list, as we all expect, won’t stop here. In the context of the human application, many groups and biotech companies presented impressive findings, but these results are still early.

Effectiveness: Conventional DNA gene therapy needs to overcome many challenges before it becomes a therapeutically viable option. For DNA gene therapy to be active, it requires to reach not only the cell but the very nucleus inside that cell. This is an incredibly difficult task given that our nuclei have evolved to prevent any foreign DNA from entering (Think viruses!). While mRNA therapy shares some of the difficulties of traditional gene therapy, it requires to reach only the cytoplasm of the cells, not the nucleus. Arguably, this is a simpler technical challenge compared to DNA therapy.

Yes, my child, the mrna vaccines may be well known and safe, but that does not mean we want so many people to be vaccinated.

Look at what is happening all over the West.

They have mostly vaccinated, reopened their economies and life is back to normal

Disgusting. We want more deaths, bankruptcies, and misery

QANONSG

Alfrescian
Loyal

This article is about the heritable unit for transmission of biological traits. For other uses, see Gene (disambiguation).

A gene is a region of DNA that encodes function. A chromosome consists of a long strand of DNA containing many genes. A human chromosome can have up to 500 million base pairs of DNA with thousands of genes.
In biology, a gene (from genos [1] (Greek) meaning generation[2] or birth [1] or gender) is a basic unit of heredity and a sequence of nucleotides in DNA or RNA that encodes the synthesis of a gene product, either RNA or protein.[3][4][5]

During gene expression, the DNA is first copied into RNA. The RNA can be directly functional or be the intermediate template for a protein that performs a function. The transmission of genes to an organism's offspring is the basis of the inheritance of phenotypic traits. These genes make up different DNA
sequences called genotypes. Genotypes along with environmental and developmental factors determine what the phenotypes will be. Most biological traits are under the influence of polygenes (many different genes) as well as gene–environment interactions. Some genetic traits are instantly visible, such as eye color or the number of limbs, and some are not, such as blood type, the risk for specific diseases, or the thousands of basic biochemical processes that constitute life.

When we asked the Chinese to release our virus we did ask them if there would be any known cures to stop and they said no.

Next thing we know these evil scientists came up with the mrna vaccines and now look. Record travel, economic growth is back, jobs are being created and now our fun with the virus is over.

We only can hope Africa and S America, poor countries wont vaccinate so we can see more death and misery

And curse that J Biden for vaccinating our brothers and sisters in America. How dare he create a normal situation again.

Disgusting.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Harry Al-Wassiti
Harry Al-Wassiti

View attachment 112811

Yes, appreciate your "gene medicine" posting. And what's your point?

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ok... so?

shockshiok

Alfrescian
Loyal
When we asked the Chinese to release our virus we did ask them if there would be any known cures to stop and they said no.

Next thing we know these evil scientists came up with the mrna vaccines and now look. Record travel, economic growth is back, jobs are being created and now our fun with the virus is over.

We only can hope Africa and S America, poor countries wont vaccinate so we can see more death and misery

And curse that J Biden for vaccinating our brothers and sisters in America. How dare he create a normal situation again.

Disgusting.
:FU:

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
The point is that just because mRNA does not alter your DNA does not mean it is not a form of gene therapy. :rolleyes:
Ok. So gene therapy is a field of study. I think what concerns people most about gene therapy and mRNA vaccines is whether it alters DNA. It doesn't.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Ok. So gene therapy is a field of study. I think what concerns people most about gene therapy and mRNA vaccines is whether it alters DNA. It doesn't.

You know that and I know that but the problem is that when a technology that was previously given the "gene therapy" label is now being touted as a vaccine and is NOT gene therapy you cannot blame those who now view things with a degree of suspicion.

The fact that the vaccine manufacturers have been granted liability waivers isn't very comforting either.

A large chunk of society no longer trust those in charge because of all the conflicting messages and continuously evolving rules and regulations eg masks not necessary to very necessary to 2 or more masks required to be effective.