• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why are Guys now carrying their GFs handbags for them?!

king13

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well I also read that he finds Tina Fey hot. :wink::p See what I mean? Guys in their early to mid twenties are going for older women who are not trashy. He doesn't say that Lindsey Lohan or Paris Hilton is hot. :p

i do find tina fey hot too.. not sure if it is the same off cam

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps but then again it all depends. Men appear to use the services of FLs/WLs for many reasons my dear, oh and there is the "when you eat wagyu beef/lobster everyday you sometimes have the urge to eat chicken for a change" syndrome:wink: Again let me give you a concrete eg. Hugh Grant was living with Liz Hurley(in her sexual beauty prime peak) when he was caught with his pants down, literally, in his Beemer in LA with that frightful looking trashy black ho Divine Brown giving him a BJ:wink:

Actually it's natural to be a cradle snatcher, I'm sure when you go to FL or WL, there's no point in NOT going to SYT, because it really defeats the purpose of the act of seeking young flesh./QUOTE]

Perhaps but then again...

About Ralph Fiennes, my guess is that it was a deep Freudian thing for him. A man who can have any woman he wants will only want to seek the utopia of the woman who loved him the most.

Perhaps you are generalising.

You know the thing about my being unfair to SYT? That wasn't my point in saying that all of them are shallow intellectually. I meant shallow spiritually.

Agree to disagree with you on this one. To have captivated so many world movers and shakers not ONS or mere mistress like flings mind you, suggests that there was a certain je ne sais quoi about her:wink:

I gather she also captivated the likes of Winston Churchill(not just junior), Ed Murrow, Bill Paley etc. Btw together with the likes of say Agnelli, Rothschild and Harriman these men were A typical Alpha Males regardless of whether they were born with silver spoons in their mouths because they all made their own marks in the world.

Oh and I think there are Tai Tais AND Tai Tais:wink:

Lastly on Pamela Churchill Harriman, imho I don't think her story was so fascinating, it was more the social conditions that she was put in, the times that she lived in that were interesting. She's a product of her times -- a woman, a divorcee trying to survive in a patriachial society, where a woman's (seemingly) best (though not only best) option at a good life was to bask in the reflected glory of a rich and or powerful man. You've not read the book, probably glanced at the cover, but she was hardly an intellectual.

In Pam's case, I think her appeal was her simple calmness and ability to cocoon the men she was mistress to. Most of her men were second generation rich, not exactly alpha male in my definition, unless you mean money and power. Harriman, Agnelli and Rothschild were born into wealthy families and I don't think men like that would appreciate the ballsiness of an American lady, which she was not.

The thing about being English and titled, was that she was pretty staid in her belief that she had to depend on men to make her living. To be fair, given the living standards that she wanted, that was her best recourse. In the end, she did prove to be somewhat of a career girl given her French ambassador posting under Bill Clinton, whom she raised funds for.

Times change as do people and attitudes. So it is amazing that there are still women who want to be tai-tais because really, I think a woman who thinks that is looking down on herself.

breakingfree

Alfrescian
Loyal
The REAL reason why gals wan their BF to carry their handbags : cos they ar possessive in nature..the handbags act as a barrier/handsoff signal to other gals; HE is MINE!!!! DO NOT APPROACH!!!

So if ur gal doesnt wan u to carry her handbags, most prob she is not possessive or she did not "value" u much. ...

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok not a bad take on this topic. Immature and insecure perhaps but I can relate to this one.

Come to think of it, I have thought of a compromise, always carry a large nice shopping bag when you go out with the GF, then if GF asks you to carry her handbag you place handbag in the shopping bag, bob's your uncle:rolleyes::biggrin:
The REAL reason why gals wan their BF to carry their handbags : cos they ar possessive in nature..the handbags act as a barrier/handsoff signal to other gals; HE is MINE!!!! DO NOT APPROACH!!!

So if ur gal doesnt wan u to carry her handbags, most prob she is not possessive or she did not "value" u much. ...

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Kwa your head lah. Obviously you never cheong much enough. Having a deep voice doesn't mean ah kwa. Next time you want to know whether is Ah Kwa or not, please check the clitoris area.
Furthermore, she even showed me her ID card and passport. Not only must double check, must also triple check :biggrin:

What's wrong with complimenting another guy as handsome? Brad Pitt is handsome too. If a girl compliments a girl as pretty, does that mean she is exhibiting lesbian actions?

So you like Ah Kwa like women la. Deep voice, look like Ah Kwa, still has clitoris area.

Btw, thai ladies(boys) are issued ID cards and passports with their new genders when they change sex. :p:p:p:smile:

Don't get so paranoid when you say a guy is handsome. No one said you screwed she-males or have a prediliction for PRE-OP males ok? :p:wink::smile:

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps but then again it all depends. Men appear to use the services of FLs/WLs for many reasons my dear, oh and there is the "when you eat wagyu beef/lobster everyday you sometimes have the urge to eat chicken for a change" syndrome:wink: Again let me give you a concrete eg. Hugh Grant was living with Liz Hurley(in her sexual beauty prime peak) when he was caught with his pants down, literally, in his Beemer in LA with that frightful looking trashy black ho Divine Brown giving him a BJ:wink:

Actually it's natural to be a cradle snatcher, I'm sure when you go to FL or WL, there's no point in NOT going to SYT, because it really defeats the purpose of the act of seeking young flesh./QUOTE]

Perhaps but then again...

Agree to disagree with you on this one. To have captivated so many world movers and shakers not ONS or mere mistress like flings mind you, suggests that there was a certain je ne sais quoi about her:wink:

I gather she also captivated the likes of Winston Churchill(not just junior), Ed Murrow, Bill Paley etc. Btw together with the likes of say Agnelli, Rothschild and Harriman these men were A typical Alpha Males regardless of whether they were born with silver spoons in their mouths because they all made their own marks in the world.

I think with regards to Pam, your theory of chicken vs wagyu beef applies.
I don't agree with you on those guys being Alpha males because society has been and still is stratified like that. If you weren't born with a silver spoon, then it's harder to make your mark on the world.

Lee Ka Shing is a true Alpha male, this guy definitely worked his way up. These others mentioned are just successful men who were born rich. If Alpha males are so common in a lion's pride, there would be more in one pride. In that sense, my definition of alpha male is more narrow. But to each his own.

Harriman is nothing without his name and money and he didn't exactly contribute to UK-US relationships that much, he's hardly a Kissinger. Pam is like his daughter's age and it's hard not to see her appeal in this sense. Plus a real alpha male would not have left so little money till his second wife and his kids had to fight over the trust fund and sell old master paintings to pay the estate tax after his death. The Harrimans practially lost much of their money after that. So much for being railroad pioneers.

Rothschild is Rothschild. PERIOD. I don't see what contributions to banking he made other than being a Rothschild.

And Agnelli was born into the FIAT empire. Italy is a place where dynastic succession in business and politics, and social/wealth polarity is high. So whatever he did, he wasn't that a big deal.

An Italian Alpha Male is Silvio Berlusconi. His dad was a bank employee.
He made his billions and became Prime Minister of Italy too.

While Agnelli's father was the prominent Italian industrialist Eduardo Agnelli and his mother was Donna Virginia Bourbon del Monte, daughter of Carlo, 4th Principe di San Faustino, head of a noble family established in Perugia (no kin to the House of Bourbon). AND THEY OWNED FIAT!

This guy is practically royalty and if he didn't do at least what he did in his lifetime, he's a wash-out. And he craved Pam's churchill last name. So no, he's not ALPHA. PERIOD.

None of these guys are alpha ok? It's not so easy being Alpha. I'm not dissing them because they were born with silver spoons in their mouths. These guys are really not that impressive in their own right, they just had famous last names and they were in the prominent places due to their naturally born advantage.

And lastly, Pam Churchill being the bimbo that she was, didn't really boost their street cred either. Sharing a woman who's known as a famous courtesan and hardly for her looks, talent and charm is really old school.

It's not like they managed to snag the stylish Jacqueline Kennedy for a second wife -- now Onassis is Alpha. He made his own dough, and managed to persuade a classy dame to MARRY him.

If keeping a famous woman as a mistress is alpha, then lots of men could be that already. :smile: Making a tip-top woman your wife is another.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
My dear Lolabunny,

Gotta agree to disagree with you once again. A typical Alpha males take different forms. In any event even going by your narrow definition: Niarchos was self made, almost if not equivalent to Ari Onassis; Ed Murrow was a self made broadcast journalist legend; Bill Paley built CBS amongst others, most of Pam's lovers were no wastrels and on balance were Alpha Males regardless of their birthrights:wink::smile:

Cheerios

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
My dear Lolabunny,

Gotta agree to disagree with you once again. A typical Alpha males take different forms. In any event even going by your narrow definition: Niarchos was self made, almost if not equivalent to Ari Onassis; Ed Murrow was a self made broadcast journalist legend; Bill Paley built CBS amongst others, most of Pam's lovers were no wastrels and on balance were Alpha Males regardless of their birthrights:wink::smile:

Cheerios

Bill Paley built CBS and married Babe Cushing, not too bad. BUT, who OWNS CBS now? Sumner Redstone, who is Alpha by the way. Not the Paleys.

Yup, an Alpha male takes many forms. But not being able to hold on to the company your dad founded isn't Alpha. :smile: Neither is the inability to bred kids who are incapable of holding on to the family silver Alpha.

This is a simple enough definition I believe. And not too difficult to achieve if you are a Harriman or a Paley. So it is not too much to ask for.

1. Hold on to the family company your dad founded. (Paleys didn't)
2. Leave enough so that your kids don't have to fight over $ (Harriman didn't)
3. Teach your kids properly so that they don't lose the family company

So Sam Walton is Alpha.

Not being wastrel is not equal to being Alpha. Many common people are also not wastrel, I wouldn't say that they are alpha because they are thrifty.

And lastly, the biggest problem with Pam's men are that they are vain.
I don't see what's so great about Pam that these guys all feel that they
have to belong to the "I shared Pam Churchill's bed club". Because she is famous? Because she is a Churchill by marriage?

Pam Churchill is not Georgette Mosbacher. Neither is she Arianna Huffington. These two ladies married rich guys but they made big deals out of themselves. Therefore Pam is nothing to shout about. And those guys are thus by definition, having bad taste.

Paying some famous divorcee to be your mistress and chucking her out when you are tired of her is NOT ALPHA.

Alpha is when you make a woman belong to you fully, not when you
pass her around.
But then again, those were different times. And that is
why these guys aren't Alpha. Even if they perform in other parts of their life, the way they handled their personal relationships is NOT ALPHA.

An Alpha male isn't someone who only makes money. Steve Jobs is
alpha not because he built Apple, but that he gave us the iPod. That's cool.

The reason for my narrow definition is that Alpha alone implies scarcity
and rarity. There is only one male Alpha in a pride of lions, so if you don't be strict in your definitions, then it's really not Alpha.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal

On the issue of Tai tais, I think men who have wives who are only Tai tais are not losers. No matter how much achievement the guy has in his career.

You know Bill Paley spent years looking for a successor to the empire he built. His children were waaay off the mark. Know why?

Because his wife Babe Paley was a Tai tai who only knew how to spend money.

Look at Bill Gates and Barrack Obama. Their wives are cool chicks in their own right.

Lastly, Pam was able to show the rich hick Agnelli the world. That's why the young Agnelli liked her. Maybe you should read the book about her. I don't really think she had " je ne sais quoi" but this is just personal opinion.

I think our differing views are a result of generation gap. What a kid like me thinks is cool may be very different from what uncles like you think is cool.
:p:p:p:smile::smile::smile:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think our differing views are a result of generation gap. What a kid like me thinks is cool may be very different from what uncles like you think is cool.
:p:p:p:smile::smile::smile:

An uncle will not grow young, but a kid will grow older:o
So eventually your thoughts will mature

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
My dear Lolabunny,

You appear to have a bee in your bonnet when it comes to Pamela Harriman, sorry can't help you there darling. But her Alphas were still Alphas:wink:

Toodles

Pam Churchill is not Georgette Mosbacher. Neither is she Arianna Huffington. These two ladies married rich guys but they made big deals out of themselves. Therefore Pam is nothing to shout about. And those guys are thus by definition, having bad taste.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh but I have my dear, and there are books and books:wink:
. Maybe you should read the book about her. I don't really think she had " je ne sais quoi" but this is just personal opinion.

Perhaps, however maybe more gender rather than generational though:p In any event, I do not think of Pamela Harriman as "cool", just a very fascinating 'courtesan' of another generation (oh and a generation which fascinates me as well):wink:

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
My dear Lolabunny,

You appear to have a bee in your bonnet when it comes to Pamela Harriman, sorry can't help you there darling. But her Alphas were still Alphas:wink:

Toodles

No my dear. I don't have a bee in the bonnet about Pamela.

I'M MERELY QUOTING FROM THE BOOK!! Which I agree with.

I think you have a problem with me calling those guys of hers NON-ALPHA.

Perhaps you inherited your money and you having a problem with me calling these guys non-Alpha. From the places you described eating at, you aren't exactly poor growing up.

And by the way, you didn't eat at Shima nor know what is Doramee, come on, it's not bad memory you had. Imagine saying that you remember A&W served pasta, and put it down to a memory fault. :wink::smile:

Please understand, and it may be difficult to be rational when you feel a personal affront to this --- that even if you are born with a silver spoon in your mouth, you don't have to be so cut up with whether these men are Alpha or not. They aren't representative of you so you don't have to defend them vigorously.

In the internet world, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion.

When you are losing a debate, do not insinuate that the other person has a personal problem with the debate subject which I don't.

In a nutshell, I just don't think that a woman who slept with a string of famous or rich men is that fascinating simply because she did that or was able to do that.

Thus by association, these guys are also nothing to shout about given their vain stupidity. You don't see Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Barack Obama clamouring to sleep with Paris Hilton just because she is Paris Hilton and going on about how they "joined the club of men who slept with Paris".

And that is what these men did.

This being my point, which part of my argument shows that I have a "bee in my bonnet about Pamela Harriman"?

In a simpler example, just to simplify things to make the point -- just because a whole string of famous or rich men slept with a certain actress from Hollywood or HK doesn't:

1. Make the actress greater because she slept with rich men
2. Make the men great if at all, because it's just some woman they all had in common

And that is the point of my debate.

Don't turn a debate personal when it is not. :smile:

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
i do find tina fey hot too.. not sure if it is the same off cam

Lohan and Hilton are girls out for the 15 minutes of fame. Plus they are high maintenance women.

Women who are desirable to me, are those who have the smarts, intelligence, some form of morals, and also the looks. That's why I find Tina Fey attractive. That's why I like Alicia Keys.

Brains, intelligence with good looks make a women even more attractive and desirable. I'd bet if someone is able to hook up Alicia Keys and walk with her down the street, some men would become very jealous indeed.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lohan and Hilton are girls out for the 15 minutes of fame. Plus they are high maintenance women.

Women who are desirable to me, are those who have the smarts, intelligence, some form of morals, and also the looks. That's why I find Tina Fey attractive. That's why I like Alicia Keys.

Brains, intelligence with good looks make a women even more attractive and desirable. I'd bet if someone is able to hook up Alicia Keys and walk with her down the street, some men would become very jealous indeed.

Yeah she's cool. She can play both the piano and the cello. That's like WOW. :smile:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
That "book" ain't the gospel truth darling:wink:

No my dear. I don't have a bee in the bonnet about Pamela.

I'M MERELY QUOTING FROM THE BOOK!! Which I agree with.

Oooh, meow meow hiss hiss:rolleyes::p Now you appear to be getting all personal, petty and childish with your knickers in a twist since you cannot move your arguments any further with reasonable rational compelling logic eh my dear, tsk tsk tsk:rolleyes:

Btw you were strangely quite selective in your earlier post. You left out my references to Stavros Niarchos and Edward R Murrow, I wonder why? Never mind perhaps they too shall not fall into Lolabunny's 'Alpha male category' either:rolleyes::p

I think you have a problem with me calling those guys of hers NON-ALPHA.

Perhaps you inherited your money and you having a problem with me calling these guys non-Alpha. From the places you described eating at, you aren't exactly poor growing up.

And by the way, you didn't eat at Shima nor know what is Doramee, come on, it's not bad memory you had. Imagine saying that you remember A&W served pasta, and put it down to a memory fault.

Please understand, and it may be difficult to be rational when you feel a personal affront to this --- that even if you are born with a silver spoon in your mouth, you don't have to be so cut up with whether these men are Alpha or not. They aren't representative of you so you don't have to defend them vigorously.

Did I say you were not entitled to your own opinion my dear? What part of "agree to disagree" do you not understand honey? Is there really the need for such sandbox petulance?:rolleyes:

In the internet world, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion..

So you were 'winning' I suppose, darling?:rolleyes::p These words of yours about sums up your character in here, I should say:rolleyes::p

When you are losing a debate, do not insinuate that the other person has a personal problem with the debate subject which I don't...

"Personal"?:rolleyes: Puhleeze darling, your petty childish immature outburst in here speaks volumes I should say. Forumers can draw their own conclusions, as always:wink:

Cheerios

PS. Never assume and presume too much in the virtual world, my dear:wink:

Don't turn a debate personal when it is not.

Last edited:

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps, but ironically they appear to have made their own small personal fortunes on their own steam by using the "fame" to their own advantage and benefit.

Yeah, but they have had to go naked publicly(not completely literally) to generate headlines. Lohan with that shoot; Hilton with her videos, and Britney Spears with "Womaniser".

They had to use sex to make money. Its no wonder not many men wanna consider them as a long term partner. Most guys who date are just there for sex, a fling of fun.