• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Whose brilliant idea was it for SG to be education hub?

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the official response to the departure of UofC business school. I gagged when I read that.
What's so great abt Chicago eMBA? Just a bunch of swindlers professors wanting big bucks for teaching in Asia. Asians are more astute now, as most will refuse to pay their exorbitant fees. Good riddance, so we can have more condo land.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What's so great abt Chicago eMBA? Just a bunch of swindlers professors wanting big bucks for teaching in Asia. Asians are more astute now, as most will refuse to pay their exorbitant fees. Good riddance, so we can have more condo land.

Sometimes it's not about getting another piece of paper but more about the oppurtunity to network & get contacts.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The irony of the situation is that while we are losing world famous names in education, the Indians so called international" schools are thriving here.
I noticed that many of the indian schools occupy good locations vacated by local schools. Anyone knows whether the MOE has a hand in giving these good location to the Indians and whether any subsidies are involved?
The so called Chinese International School occupy a former local school building(s )at Dunearn Rd.
What's next -Pinoyland International school?

Its quite clear that the mass ponding (of poor quality) immigrants is the top priority here-as its seen as one way to prolong their hold on power.
How many votes can the University of Chicago or LA deliver?
How long did the minister in charge of nea spoke on the haze/dengue problems that affects the health of millions and cost lives every year compared to the hawker centre roof cleaning issue that affects but a few.?

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone remember Informatics?

As providers of cheap(er) IT education, they couldn't survive in Spore. What made the PAP think world class universities would have better luck:confused:

I think they are still around. Middle Road. Billionaire Peter Lim rescued them if I recall correctly.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The following hub already lose it's competitiveness and will not be able to make it in South-east Asia in the long run:

In my opinion, the only hub that can still make it in South-east Asia at least for now will be:
1) $$$-laundering hub
2) Aerospace hub
3) Oil refinery hub

4) Match fixing, since we are already world famous. Might as well capitalise on our niche, eh?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We can strive to be some of the below....we are getting there for some...

prostitue hub, gambling hub, fugitive hub, money laundering hub, match fixing hub

Match fixing and $-laundering imo has the best chance to be lumber 1 on planet Earth. We are already known for our accomplishment in these 2 fields.

D

Deleted member 80916

They don't care about education, only the money involved from participating in the education industry.

Yes, it's the money !
There are at least one dozen universities being set up, in Iskandar zone, Johor