• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who will or should be NCMPs

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NCMP = $15,000 per month?....Why would anyone reject $15,000 per month? ....if the Chiams would reject $15,000, CST will not be passing Potong Pasir to his wife to keep the money in the family.

CST passing on to Lina no different from LKY passing to LHL.
I totally lost respect for the Chiams after that.
If they accept the "$15,000'' bribe to be monkeys and provide comic relief in parliament, they would tarnish and condemn their party to the gutter for good.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
NCMP = $15,000 per month?

Why would anyone reject $15,000 per month? Especially for the Chiams? If the Chiams would reject $15,000, CST will not be passing Potong Pasir to his wife to keep the money in the family.

You sure NCMP =$15,000 ?

I believe it's around $2K.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the time CST handed PP to Lina, he made a wrong move. Firstly, people will say they are no different from the Lees Dynasty, secondly, even if she has no connection to CST, she is seen as a very weak candidate. CST moving out of PP may have signal to his some of his die hard supporters in PP as a sign of betrayal. Furthermore despite his claims to the contrary, everyone sees CST as pass his prime, a old man who probably garner only sympathy votes.

I say WP being the major winner in this election should offer up the NCMP seats to the next best losing team with the highest percentage that is NSP. And if NSP is smart then they should take this opportunity to hone Nicole Seah into a true politician. She is a real asset to the party. Even if she is not there yet, she has the pull factor for the party.

And NCMP btw if not wrong do not receive the same pay as bona fide MPs. If not wrong they only get a couple of thousand only.

Last edited:

moneymind

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think SPP needs to send in a NCMP (one in their 30s to 40s) that will be able to steer the ship in the next 10-20 year if they still want to be in the political arena.

Lina may not be a good choice i think. She has lost the confidence of singapore durign the live debate. The others in CST team in B-TP GRC, one of them can take up and if this guy is good, may attract some good people in, ie, someone who live in PP may come out and contest under SPP in the next or coming GE if they manage to find one.

boman

Alfrescian
Loyal
In principal, I don't like the NCMP idea. But for political expedience, I think it gives good branding for the person and the party he/she represents. Look at Sylvia Lim. Being an NCMP, I think helped her at the elections. But Lina should give up the NCMP. I would suggest that she and especially CST look to retire and perhaps mentor future politicians especially the much younger ones.

ruffles

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why would anyone reject $15,000 per month? Especially for the Chiams? If the Chiams would reject $15,000, CST will not be passing Potong Pasir to his wife to keep the money in the family.

Steve Chia was full-time NCMP 2001-2006 and was surviving on $2k a month.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The sign of Potong Pasir losing to PAP in this Election can backtrack to last Election, CST didnt won the last election convincingly......

leoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
im not biase ...but...i agree lina shldnt take d ncmp , she'll cause more "shame" 2 other APs member who accept d ncmp.
so
lina chiam will b thanked by many if she lets other more capable AP member

I dun understand why you guys backing Lina Chiam? just because she's CST wife? She cant talk and compose herself, her eyes looks scheming, and she's the cause of internal problems in SDA before the Election. To me, she's just a housewife who wants to be in the limelight.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

you sure NCMP allowance is 15K?