• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WHO will be WP's next SECRET WEAPON in next Erection?

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shall we agree on the grounds then? TOC, Sammyboys, TRE, Yahoo News? Please feel free to add more if you so wish.

I am for the facts and reality. Your call...

I am agreeable to those grounds. Let's also add in the electorate in 2011 GE. PAP 60% WP 47% SDP 37%.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am agreeable to those grounds. Let's also add in the electorate in 2011 GE. PAP 60% WP 47% SDP 37%.

Let's go into each... one at a time shall we?

shall start with TRE. where in this site do you find ppl saying the WP has been very active and most vocal on local politics?

Last edited:

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.tremeritus.com/2012/11/13/is-the-workers-party-keeping-a-low-profile/

<cite class="fn" style="font-size: 1.2em; ">Rotten PAPayas:</cite>
November 13, 2012 at 10:40 pm

Rotten PAPayas:
Sorry that I have to say this about the WP because I have been wholeheartedly supporting them during the last elections but they seem to have gone into some kind of self-imposed hibernation.

Please think for the greater good of Singaporeans instead of just for the good of the WP and for the good of your constituency.

Thank you.​

Last edited:

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
As at 1.18pm today, 27 ppl had voted for Rotten PAPayas, with 4 against!

And I have not voted yet(though I agree too)!

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
<cite class="fn" style="font-size: 1.2em; ">LIONS:</cite>
November 14, 2012 at 4:16 am (Quote)
WP’s famous slogan is ‘WP DOES NOT OPPOSE FOR ‘opposition’s sake’?
Then, please tell us what or whom do you Oppose?
WP should really work hard at uniting all Opposition parties or must be open to joining a coalition let by other Opposition parties.
For the future of Singapore’s sake, please oppose the policies that work against Sinkies at large.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
<cite class="fn" style="font-size: 1.2em; ">NSMan 1st Batch:</cite>
November 14, 2012 at 5:07 am (Quote)
During GE, WP slammed many issues that concern native Singaporeans but after GE they chose to be mute. PAP tells them not to be adversarial and they concur apparently.
They must be the voice of the people as they are the main opposition party. WP members may not be happy to hear all this but they need not be so defensive. I asked my friends and they expressed disappointment too.
Come the next GE, WP doubtless will go on the offensive again but people may not buy its story again. This is not to say they are not doing a good job in their constituencies.
The issue here is as the representatives in Parliament, they have to speak up. The writer reflects the concern of many people let us be frank.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello bro tanWP, where are you? At the rate I am going, it's gonna be a TKO very soon!

Please come up with some posts from TRE proving the Wayang Party has been very vocal lately. Or are you now admitting that the wayang has begun?

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
<cite class="fn" style="font-size: 1.2em; ">Talk COK ! ! !:</cite>
November 14, 2012 at 7:18 am (Quote)
I have given up on the WP.
As far as I am concerned, WP stands for WRONG PARTY or WEAK PARTY ! ! !
There are so many legitimate issues which they did not question the PAP but remained silent as usual.
I don’t need or want an opposition party that is so silent and muted.
I need an opposition dog that can bite or at least PARK ! ! !
Sadly, WP can do neither and was even praised by PAP that they are the right kind of opposition party for SG.
DUH ? ! Is that an insult or joke from the MIW ?!

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
<cite class="fn" style="font-size: 1.2em; ">nail biter!:</cite>
November 14, 2012 at 8:11 am (Quote)
Yes I would like to see the WP be more vocal and seen in and outside of Parliament. Right now they are just too quiet and is like non-existant more like everyone is a PAP member in Parliament!
They don’t need to be fiery or aggressive or confrontational but be seen more often to express their position and making speeches and questioning the PAP policies!
Don’t let the PAP says “they only appear when the GE comes!” which is the favorite saying of LKY to mock the opposition while suppressing their activities in between elections!
Surely they can gave support to M Ravi for instance who is fighting a man show! Singaporeans will vote him into Parliament comes GE2016 if he offers himself! He has proven he works for the true blue Singaporeans!
What do you think?

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
<cite class="fn" style="font-size: 1.2em; ">WPneeds to be more aggressive:</cite>
November 14, 2012 at 8:22 am (Quote)
WP should not forget why Singaporeans voted for them – to take on the PAP. Keeping a low profile and going through the motions of opposing is not the way. In Parliament they should be contentious, opinionated, confrontational and competitive without being personal – i.e., give PAP a hard time by frequently asking tough questions.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello bro tanWP, where are you? At the rate I am going, it's gonna be a TKO very soon!

Please come up with some posts from TRE proving the Wayang Party has been very vocal lately. Or are you now admitting that the wayang has begun?

You think people sit in front of the PC 24 hours a day like you? Makes me think that maybe you are really an IB, not just any forummer.

Choosing to put up 7 comments critical of WP is ground feedback? Why don't you put up comments favourable to WP and compare? You mean a good party is one that has zero criticisms?

Last edited:

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
<cite class="fn" style="font-size: 1.2em; ">Singapore vs Brazil soccer:</cite>
November 14, 2012 at 8:31 am (Quote)
Vikram vs Chen on social spending
Gerard vs Teo on MX9
Pritam vs Teo on Ombudsman
Sylvia vs Sham on AGC
The score is 0-4. So it is strategic to keep quiet, otherwise 0-40.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Methinks Singapore only has a population of 16 people, that is why 8 comments are representative.

And comments #1, #2, #3 and #8 seem to be uttered by PAP supporters more than opposition supporters.

Goes to show supporters of SDP know that SDP has so little to show for themselves that they have to scrap at the bottom of the barrel to make themselves look good.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
You think people sit in front of the PC 24 hours a day like you? Makes me think that maybe you are really an IB, not just any forummer.

Choosing to put up 7 comments critical of WP is ground feedback? Why don't you put up comments favourable to WP and compare? You mean a good party is one that has zero criticisms?

Hello, it is your job to go and look for comments favourable to WP. Dun expect me to do the work for you!

So you agree that on TRE ground, there are MANY who questioned WP's silence. And dun forget this is only TRE. We have not started on the others yet!

When you are ready to concede, let's move on...
Why dun you choose the next ground? TOC? or Yahoo?

Me 1, tan 0

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Methinks Singapore only has a population of 16 people, that is why 8 comments are representative.

And comments #1, #2, #3 and #8 seem to be uttered by PAP supporters more than opposition supporters.

Goes to show supporters of SDP know that SDP has so little to show for themselves that they have to scrap at the bottom of the barrel to make themselves look good.

Looks like I am wasting time with a fool. If you are not going to engage me after agreeing to TOC, Sammyboys, TRE, Yahoo News, etc.. as the grounds for support, you are demeaning yourself.

Hey stupid, just admit it lah... you have lost!

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello, it is your job to go and look for comments favourable to WP. Dun expect me to do the work for you!

At the start I said you and SDP only like to hear things favourable to you. By pasting only comments that are not favourable to WP (which SDP thinks they benefit from) you have just shown this in full display.

There are 93 comments on the article and you can come up with only 7. Only you will think 7 out of 93 is majority. I don't need to paste. I will just direct people to the page:

www.tremeritus.com/2012/11/13/is-the-workers-party-keeping-a-low-profile/

So you agree that on TRE ground, there are MANY who questioned WP's silence. And dun forget this is only TRE. We have not started on the others yet!

I will be mad to say WP has no such criticism. The important thing has always been, are they the majority?

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like I am wasting time with a fool. If you are not going to engage me after agreeing to TOC, Sammyboys, TRE, Yahoo News, etc.. as the grounds for support, you are demeaning yourself.

Hey stupid, just admit it lah... you have lost!

Didn't I just put up the link to the 93 comments on TRE? Let readers judge for themselves.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
You need more? Next time you come around and debate me again that WP is more firebrand or vocal than the SDP, I am going to shove this thread in your face!

We are only just starting... with TRE, and you couldn't even produce ONE to say WP has been very VOCAL. You are a letdown for all to see. Take on someone lesser, a baby for instance, if you are not going to be a match for me.

Be like the WP, go and wayang some more!