• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who the FUCK still visits Haw Par Villa???

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The revamp Haw Par Villa is no longer as scary as in the olden days. No more body cut into halves :eek:
Mostly is body being tied up or cook in oil or burn by metal, which some parties member should be suffering from them soon.

Same old watered down PG nonsense... similar to WWE wrestling today. :rolleyes:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'll visit it in a heartbeat if the tortured victims in hell there are replaced with pee-a-pee scums.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if kept open now could not fight with those underwater world in sentosa or the region. The big fishtank in wisma probably can compete with it liao. Still it holds fond memories for many.
chootchiew said:
Van cliff aquarium was fantastic.
Attraction was the pirahnas just before you got in. AC was the next thing after outdoors and National Theatre's beside.

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hpv - last time go c 18 level of hell...see those naked women on spikes...felt sexy...ya pevert

van cleef aqua - remembered the giant crocodiles only...looked damm big last time

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes national theatre.....that place used for many uni convocations and national day rally by pinky's daddy.
The fountain was the favorite photo spot....

Nearby, River Valley swimming pool. Used to run from Fort Canning. Sight from above was awesome - swimming pool, National Theatre, VC Aquarium.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nearby, River Valley swimming pool. Used to run from Fort Canning. Sight from above was awesome
GD -At far end stretch, some police HQ then (now arty farty exterior)? Fort Canning good for paktor. RV pool had this 20 cents entry (good for 2 hours or so, before whistle blew for next session).

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GD -At far end stretch, some police HQ then (now arty farty exterior)? Fort Canning good for paktor. RV pool had this 20 cents entry (good for 2 hours or so, before whistle blew for next session).

Yes, thanks for the reminder. Windows all seepay colorful. No idea who's using the building now.

Agree, FC is a great place to paktor and rubba rubba. Those were the days.

Don't recall swimming at River Valley pool before. When you mentioned RV pool, Farrer Park pool came to mind immediately. They machiam like twin-pools. Should be built around the same time.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree, FC is a great place to paktor and rubba rubba.
Farrer Park pool came to mind immediately. They machiam like twin-pools.
Got some parts FC (across other side nearer to national museum and old cultural theatre), got old tomestones from colonial era -can scare your partner to cling on to your pants :p

Farrer Park was an institution with state swimmers (other than Toa Payoh), and besides the Farrer soccer field with old boxing indoor rings (converted to squash courts). Teochew muay street nearby at Owen Rd, and Muthu's

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who the FUCK still visits Haw Par Villa???

I visited this horrible place when I was a kid and it had a terrible memory on my fucking brain since then.

I wish whoever owned this shit place send in a few bull-dozers and demolished it totally and make it into a lake.

lianbeng still remembers the 18-level hell display - still there or no more?:biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got some parts FC (across other side nearer to national museum and old cultural theatre), got old tomestones from colonial era -can scare your partner to cling on to your pants :p

Farrer Park was an institution with state swimmers (other than Toa Payoh), and besides the Farrer soccer field with old boxing indoor rings (converted to squash courts). Teochew muay street nearby at Owen Rd, and Muthu's

Yes, I recall the cemetery alright. Quite familiar with the place. Spent 6 years at ACPS. Used to play squash at FC. I think it is a country club now.

Farrer Park pool was where Ang Teck Bee groomed his sons, Peng Siong and Peng Wee. Used to play soccer there but too bad Uncle Choo did not spot my talent!
Still recall the food stalls that lined the roads. Owen Road Teochew muay brings back fond memories of the 70s. Wonder where they moved to.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Haw Par Villa was a great place before the 'big dragon statue' revamp abomination. I had vague memories of it as my parents had taken me there, but back I was too young. We had taken some photos though.

Haw Par Villa, as with many other things in Singapore, got fucked up due to those greedy, rent-seeking, profit-maximizing bastards in charge. If they wouldn't even leave cemeteries or natural habitats alone, you bet they would also get their grimy paws on something that could be transformed into a magnet for tourism dollars.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should place this in the Hell Chambers to bring back the old nostalgic feel!

lky-bronze-bust-02.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes national theatre.....that place used for many uni convocations and national day rally by pinky's daddy.
The fountain was the favorite photo spot....

Back in those days it was the largest theatre in Spore.:smile:
I remember going there to watch ballet, concerts, a magic show by someone called Dick Cavert,....

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are the keeping the damn place alive just because they named an mrt stop after the place?
You know pap die die cannot admit mistake and loss of face....

I took mrt to Haw Par Villa Station to visit it. The MRT station come out got nothing besides Haw Par Villa, so die die must keep, else will become another marina south station, come out have to take bus to marina south, else nothing is there.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Early days Haw Par villa was interesting, right at the entrance was the sea front!!
Next to the entrance there were lots and lots of hawkers selling food and drinks
slightly more expensive during that time! but its was enjoyable!!

Parking in front of Haw Par villa was FREE!!! too bad I didn't take the pictures
of the early days HPV!!!

This was a very long time ago...where the sea was in front & the hawkers there. There was a public or was it a private swimming pool there right??

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, thanks for the reminder. Windows all seepay colorful. No idea who's using the building now.

Agree, FC is a great place to paktor and rubba rubba. Those were the days.

Don't recall swimming at River Valley pool before. When you mentioned RV pool, Farrer Park pool came to mind immediately. They machiam like twin-pools. Should be built around the same time.

That was the old hill street mata chu? Now occupy by ministry of Comms and arts?

RV, Farrer and Yan Kit....The few oldest public swimming pools around....only farrer park still around.