• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Who says economy BAD? Amazon hiring BIG TIME in S'pore, huat ah!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
black friday is a marketing gimmick to get rid of cheap, lousy, old stock that has been sitting in inventory for too long. :wink:

I do not mind buying old stock if it is cheaper.

For example I'm looking at getting an expensive Japanese chef knife, a whetstone, a new mouse, some kitchen gadgets, ... Things that never go out of fashion & will be useful for years :smile:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
e-commerce is taking over the retail space. pple have got used to the idea of buying things online. no more being ripped of by landlords. 3 cheers to that.

the problem is shipping to singapore from us and europe is freaking expensive.alot of made in us and europe stuff can only be found online.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good times are here again, thanks to the PAP. Have you reskill upskill deepskill yourself yet? :cool:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Black friday has started:smile:

Ordered some stuff from Amazon last night but will still wait to see what Black Friday deals will be offered on Nov 25th.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singles Day on Alibaba Taobao is the bestest.

John Little, Robinsons, Metro, Isetan all die

I've checked out Alibab & they have good prices but I worry about the quality of the products & so have never ordered from them.

When I order from Amazom I know there is some degree of quality & you can complain about products.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Amazon ramps up hiring in Singapore amid reports of 2017 launch
Published: 9:55 PM, November 2, 2016

SINGAPORE — E-commerce giant Amazon is ramping up its hiring in the Republic, amid reports that it plans to expand to South-east Asia through a Singapore launch slated for the first quarter of next year.

Sound like a good news. I have been missing Yahoo Auction and waited until my neck look like Giraffe. If Amazon is going to station here permanently, I will use it as a spring board to launch an online business. No more disgusting ebay for me.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sound like a good news. I have been missing Yahoo Auction and waited until my neck look like Giraffe. If Amazon is going to station here permanently, I will use it as a spring board to launch an online business. No more disgusting ebay for me.

amazon wants to bullfight with Ali Baba who is allied w Singpost.......... is amazon setting up a courier company or latch on to Singpost in which better buy Singpost to profit big time

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like Amazon may already be in India.

When I went to the Amazon there was a pop up for indian customers to go to their indian web site where there is a 1 day delivery.

Justmythots

Alfrescian
Loyal
amazon wants to bullfight with Ali Baba who is allied w Singpost.......... is amazon setting up a courier company or latch on to Singpost in which better buy Singpost to profit big time
Frankly I was surprised that either Taobao or Amazon could be bothered with Singapore.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why half the time i want to order some shit from amazon they refuse to deliver to Singapore?sonofabitch,also their shipping rates are ridiculous,in this day and age of overabundance of shipping capacity why is amazon shipping so expensive?i think amazon is biased and prejudiced to customers outside of united states.

Use ebay Sg nigger.

shipping rates is damn expensive. Some don't even want to send to Singapore. Got to use courier from yanky land /

obviously when they set up in Sg that won't be a problem but i doubt they will be able to ship the full range of products they have.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... i doubt they will be able to ship the full range of products they have.

Think of the rising income of the middle class in ASEAN.

I bet they are looking at ASEAN & not just at Spore. They will probably open up warehouses in Spore or Malaysia, or both & use it as a hub to ship to the countries in ASEAN.

You really have to hand it to Jeff Bezos & Jack Ma for their vision. They are building a global business. Amazon started with a book distribution business & now it's diversifying into a global products, TV services, .... It's something that LKY or Ho Ching would never have thought off. The only thing that Temasick purchased were loss making banks & phone companies.

sammymugabe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think of the rising income of the middle class in ASEAN.

I bet they are looking at ASEAN & not just at Spore. They will probably open up warehouses in Spore or Malaysia, or both & use it as a hub to ship to the countries in ASEAN.

You really have to hand it to Jeff Bezos & Jack Ma for their vision. They are building a global business. Amazon started with a book distribution business & now it's diversifying into a global products, TV services, .... It's something that LKY or Ho Ching would never have thought off. The only thing that Temasick purchased were loss making banks & phone companies.

ASEAN is a poor fuck region full of brown third world monkeys whose purchasing power is limited to coconut and banana.