• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who opened the floodgates to immigrants?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
johnny333 said:
Yep, know many who have who chosen to stay away from Spore. I would say that only 1 to 2 out of 10 male students who have studied overseas have chosen to return to Spore. There are alot of push factors for guys such as reservist & lousy pay.

Having lived & worked overseas & I really miss the quality of life that's missing in Spore :(

How many people studied overseas? Percentage wise against the total population, this cannot be too high a figure. If the level of those who have left are what you have implied, then our population would not have been exploding as it is now with the FTs but only to replace the loss as what the govt was trying to get us to believe. The true intention of the govt was to increase the population to boost the economy because all the productivity programmes launched earlier had all failed.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Papsmearer said:
Yeah, maybe Lau Goh had something to do with this, BUT really the supposedly low birth rate is just a red herring. S'pore is not the only country with a low birth rate.

The more you analyze this, the more likely that Lau Goh was the key driver if this. The Old Man himself lamented not too long ago that with the influx of immigrants, the Singapore culture will be changed. He was even willing to accept a lower projected population than diluting the culture.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
How many people studied overseas? Percentage wise against the total population, this cannot be too high a figure. If the level of those who have left are what you have implied, then our population would not have been exploding as it is now with the FTs but only to replace the loss as what the govt was trying to get us to believe. The true intention of the govt was to increase the population to boost the economy because all the productivity programmes launched earlier had all failed.

I think that you have totally missed the point. Students studying overseas and than remaining over there is a very small number. Most sinkie students who go overseas have a student visa in the host country, very hard to convert to a permanent visa or PR status unless they marry a native of that country or some corporation will sponsor them.

Mostly, singaporeans going over there are professionals, or have some skill the other country wants. Or they have a lot of money and go there as investors or businessmen. For example, I know of at least 3 nurses (all born in singapore) that have emigrated to canada. These 3 bring their husbands, and kids, and in one case even sponsored their elderly parent. These 3 nurses altogether brought out another 10 singaporeans. That means these 13 people no longer contribute to singapore society and economy, pay taxes in singapore, etc. They male offpring don't do NS either. Multiply this by the thousands who have done this. And not only western developed countries are receiving singaporean immigrants, even countries like China, Thailand, Phillippines, etc. have a lot of S'poreans living there. They go there for work or business, than marry a local woman there and eventually settle there. these people and their offprings are not contributing to the singapore economy either. Like I have said before, all you need to do is sit down and write out a list of all the people that u know who are no longer living in singapore. Every sinkie knows at least 10 other people on a list like this.

As for your theory on boosting productivity, that is just PAP propaganda bullshit that u are swallowing. Do you seriously think skyver FTs from India are more productive than a sinkie? Do you think a FT from China, or vietnam or burma who can hardly speak english is more productive? Each sinkie easily works a 50 - 60 hour work week. I dare u to find a white collar indon or fillipino or caucasian who will do the same.

Last edited:

Tonychatter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you seriously think skyver FTs from India are more productive than a sinkie? Do you think a FT from China, or vietnam or burma who can hardly speak english is more productive? Each sinkie easily works a 50 - 60 hour work week. I dare u to find a white collar indon or fillipino or caucasian who will do the same.

Hey dumbass Sinkie, your theory on Sinkies' productivity is flawed. Male Sinkies need to go reservist and RT, so that is a downer. Sinkies also demand more wages.

Sinkie cost $10 per hour
Ah Neh foreign talent cost $5 per hour.

Unless you are saying the Sinkie can work twice as fast as one ah neh foreign talent, then you need to shut up!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Of course not everyone has a chance to study overseas but those who do, don't want to return to Spore. Actually many do return after their studies but after working in Spore they will eventually leave Spore. I know someone who applied for Canada immediately after returning to Spore:smile: He got a job with mediacorp as a reported but I guess Canada had more to offer:rolleyes:

Personally know many who've gone on to Canada, Australia, or even to Hong Kong. If you've got an education you are very mobile & in demand. These are the people the PAP wants to attract & is failing to do so :rolleyes: If you can't even retain your citizens just imagine the number of FT who are just using Spore as a stepping stone:rolleyes:

Even the girls who are initially happy to return & don't have any NS commitments eventually decide to leave.:eek: It's usually after they've married. I know of a "spoilt" Sporean girl who didn't know how to do things for herself because her parents spoiled her silly. She used to call home crying & wanted to return to Spore. Well this girl adjusted to life in Canada, got her degree & eventually moved to the US. :eek:

I've met many in Spore who've never studied overseas but are very unhappy with the situation in Spore. These young people are in their prime & employed but unhappy. Over the years things have gotten worse in Spore & I'm certain many of people aren't any happier. We've got a mess in Spore & I hope those who voted for the PAP are happy because it's their children who'll be affected:(

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think that you have totally missed the point. Students studying overseas and than remaning over there is a very small number. Most sinkie students who go overseas have a student visa in the host country, very hard to convert to a permanent visa or PR status unless they marry a native of that country or some corporation will sponsor them.

During my time I saw many hongkies target locals :smile: In 4 years you can finish a degree & find a local wife:biggrin:

Sporeans may be less mercenary but I know some who found romance. I know of a pair of brothers who were church goers & met their future wives while going to church. Even Canadian chinese appreciate hardworking Sporeans.:smile:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Hey dumbass Sinkie, your theory on Sinkies' productivity is flawed. Male Sinkies need to go reservist and RT, so that is a downer. Sinkies also demand more wages.

Sinkie cost $10 per hour
Ah Neh foreign talent cost $5 per hour.

Unless you are saying the Sinkie can work twice as fast as one ah neh foreign talent, then you need to shut up!

I see, so that's your new nick, Cooleo. Listen, u dumb fuck, I will only explain to you once. Go and check and see how many times a cheap ah neh fuck up a company or business so bad, that it cost them more in the long run to unravel and fix his mess. Its not call productivity when u have to go backt o re-do the fuck up that the ah neh u hired u hired for $5 did.Can understand this simple concept or not?

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see, so that's your new nick, Cooleo. Listen, u dumb fuck, I will only explain to you once. Go and check and see how many times a cheap ah neh fuck up a company or business so bad, that it cost them more in the long run to unravel and fix his mess. Its not call productivity when u have to go backt o re-do the fuck up that the ah neh u hired u hired for $5 did.Can understand this simple concept or not?

Calm down. Courtesy begins with you :smile:

Singa.jpg